Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Is there a margin of victory (either way) such that the loser would concede victory on the night or is it inevitable there will be long-winded legal disputes etc. after the election?
It will be in the courts no matter what. We may not know for a long while who really won. The loser may never actually concede. The Democrats did some wargaming and their conclusion that the ONLY way to avoid massive civil unrest was if Biden won by a landslide. So expect arson and looting and shootings and shutdowns. Go to the grocery store before election day. And hope and pray for really cold weather.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there a margin of victory (either way) such that the loser would concede victory on the night or is it inevitable there will be long-winded legal disputes etc. after the election?

It's not inevitable....if on election evening Biden has clear leads in key states, it will be all over the the following day. On the other hand if it's close, and PA and FL results decide the election, it may take days.....or months with legal challenges.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,735.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If we have to wait for Pennsylvania then they have three extra days to receive mail-in ballots, and then they will have to count those ballots that come on the last three days.

Both sides seem to be hyperfocused on Pennsylvania, and Obama has gone to Pennsylvania and Florida in the past few days. Trump is trying to go to places like "The Villages" in Florida, but, unsurprisingly, older people are angry he looks at them as acceptable collateral damage in the COVID pandemic.

I think Biden/Harris/Obama need to get to N.C. They hold a narrow league (as does Cunningham) but they especially need Cunningham to win the Senate seat. We already know that McSally, Gardner, and Collins are toast, but Doug Jones will lose to the inexperienced football coach in Alabama (sure wish he'd been running against the pedophile again--Republicans sure know how to pick 'em.)

So we need Cunningham to hold on, or else we need to flip Iowa (slight lead for Democrat), Montana (slight lead Republican), or either of the two Georgia seats. Not so sure Ossoff can pull it off. If it comes to Warnock (Democratic minister) v.s. Loeffler (insider trader and WNBA team owner who sent her team up in arms by making racist remarks) in the runoff, it seems as if Warnock has a clear lead. Well, of course. Insider trader during the pandemic? (Don't warn the people, cash in first.) Racist WNBA owner? How much more damaged a candidate could they pick--and never elected, appointed by Gov. Kemp (in return for stock tips, maybe?)

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
, unsurprisingly, older people are angry he looks at them as acceptable collateral damage in the COVID pandemic.

I did not know that. Is that all, or most old people, half...what kind of numbers do you have for us there? And please cite sources.

As I recall old people have been high on his list of concern, but I've been wrong before.

• Haha
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
unsurprisingly, older people are angry he looks at them as acceptable collateral damage in the COVID pandemic.
I did not know that. Is that all, or most old people, half...what kind of numbers do you have for us there? And please cite sources.
Maybe they redefined me out of being old? Too old? Maybe I'm just not angry enough to count?

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,735.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump losing ground among senior citizens in the crucial state of Florida
Majorities of Men, Seniors and Independents View Trump Unfavorably With Less Than 10 Days to Election Day: Poll

Besides COVID, there is his position on Social Security:
Social Security Fund Would Be Empty By 2023 If Payroll Taxes Were Cut, Actuary Estimates (Forbes, conservative business magazine.)

One thing we know for sure about Trump is that, bad as he is, he becomes emboldened when rescued from impeachment by AG Barr's criminal obstruction (for example.) If he should squeak through next week, flush with the thought of 20 million Americans with no health insurance, he will become emboldened. Did striking a death blow to 20 million satisfy his lust for power? Not when he can go after 44 million Medicare recipients it won't!

Is he really as bad as I believe him to be? I actually think he's worse. As former chief of staff John Kelly said, he was the most "flawed individual" Kelly ever met.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Both sides seem to be hyperfocused on Pennsylvania, and Obama has gone to Pennsylvania and Florida in the past few days. Trump is trying to go to places like "The Villages" in Florida, but, unsurprisingly, older people are angry he looks at them as acceptable collateral damage in the COVID pandemic.
Yeah, the focus on Pennsylvania has been pretty insane. I've been getting multiple texts daily from various groups encouraging me to vote or remind others to vote, and my mailbox is always packed full of political junk mail.

I've been driving all over the eastern part of the state for work over the last month, and my colleagues are encouraged by the number of Biden signs that have shown up in certain areas compared to 2016, so that's a good thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe they redefined me out of being old? Too old? Maybe I'm just not angry enough to count?

Some here clearly don't think we count, but they dont seem to be able to prove it's Trump who thinks that. ;)

Oh, and can I get redifined as well, in body and mind? About 15yrs of redefinition would be great. :clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Isn't there right wing and left wing violence e.g. Charlottesville?
The Democratic Party wargamers came to the conclusion that the only peaceful way out was a Biden landslide. So maybe it's that there is far more right wing violence in America, as the left insists. Or not, as their wargamers conclude. I donno. I don't go out packing guns nor do I burn buildings down. Nor do I have friends that do.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe I'm just not angry enough to count?

Well...

So expect arson and looting and shootings and shutdowns. Go to the grocery store before election day. And hope and pray for really cold weather.

...no, I don't think anyone would say that about you, at all....having said that, I do like the idea that people intent on arson, rootin', tootin', lootin' and shootin' would call it off because it's a bit nippy outside.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It will be in the courts no matter what. We may not know for a long while who really won. The loser may never actually concede. The Democrats did some wargaming and their conclusion that the ONLY way to avoid massive civil unrest was if Biden won by a landslide. So expect arson and looting and shootings and shutdowns. Go to the grocery store before election day. And hope and pray for really cold weather.
It's funny, because I've been told. By Conservative Christians, That if Biden wins. A civil war will happen.

• Winner
Reactions: MIDutch
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The question hinges a lot on mail in ballots. Many states have to accept them if they are postmarked by election day, but received later. In some cases, this could keep some states up in the air for a while. I'm hopeful that Florida (which I think doesn't accept later ballots) will come in early for Biden and that and a few other states could seal the deal on election night.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No, the far right in the US has injured and killed more people.
We're not living in the 19th century at present, nor did Vanelius cite a 19th century or early 20th century event when making his point. But if you want to address the situation as it is...go ahead. Begin with over a hundred riots in over fifty major cities courtesy of the far left, and the deaths and injuries and attempted murders of policemen this past summer.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0