NW Indiana
✟11,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Someone I love very very much and who loves me very very with a love I have never experienced in my Life and probably never will again is dying. My grief is very very great. I even want to go with him. I have been storming the gates of Heaven with my prayers. If God lets this happen without healing him, I am done praying. I will never get over this. I will always hold this against God. I was promised that God can do anything. Nothing is impossible to God. I will always believe that God exists though.

TzephanYahu

Sep 9, 2018
Dorset
✟96,000.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @glenninindy,

First of all, let me say I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you are going through a traumatic time. Death is a cruel slave master that comes for us all and it never ever gets easier to face him. So I feel your heart and I'm saddened by it.

But what of God in all of this?

If God lets this happen without healing him, I am done praying. I will never get over this. I will always hold this against God. I was promised that God can do anything. Nothing is impossible to God

I can understand why you are holding God accountable on this. But are you right in doing so?

Let's say God did answer your prayer and this person recovered and didn't die. Wouldn't they still have to die eventually? What would you do when they start to die again, pray for more years? When would you stop?

We all must die. You and I and this person you are speaking of. Sometimes we get a long lifespan. Sometimes we get a short lifespan. But death isn't the end of us. Death just means that we are no longer present in THIS world. We have moved onto another, ahead of the great judgement day. We can't escape that inevitability with prayer. And, even if we do get a prayer answered and God grants us 15 more years, then death will still always come back to collect.

It wasn't meant to be this way. We weren't meant to die at all. Death came into this world because of Satan fooling Adam and Eve. And now Death has a claim over all of Adam and Eve's children - even over Jesus when He was born as a man. But in the new life, the true life that God intended for us like in the Garden of Eden, Death has no claim over the resurrected children.

But is what's happening to you God's fault? Again, if He granted a few more years to this person, what would you say when they would die years later? Wouldn't you start blaming God again and say "I will aways hold this against Him"?

Consider this seriously. All the joy, happiness, memories and love you feeling towards this person - how were you able to feel all of these things? Who gave you a heart to feel with? Who gave you a mind to think with? (Which you now turn against Him). Yes, you are feeling sadness now, but what about all the love you have experienced and feel? Do you ever thank God for that or do you take it for granted and only come "storming the gates of Heaven" when it's time to complain and petition? Did ever you "storm the gates of heaven" in gratitude for the gift that this person has been to you? Or would you prefer that God would have never brought you two together at all?

Be careful what you say my friend. God sees and hears everything, even on forums. He isn't easily offended or upset, but your words are disrespectful to the Creator of All, and so they are dangerous. For you say "I will always hold this against God". What then if on Judgement Day He says to you "Likewise, I will hold all your sins against you". At that very late stage, there is no further allowance for repentance. So repent of your words now, quickly, so that He might not hold anything against you in like manner.

We may not understand God's plan or the path of our life but we should never criticism Him and we should never say we will hold grudges against Him. We all like simpletons, so how can we start casting serious judgements over such weighty matters with our limited intellect.

Yes, sometimes He grants more life to those who are dying, but most times He doesn't as it's their time to go. So, if our loved ones stay - Praise be to Yahweh. But if our loved ones go - Praised be to Yahweh. I'm not saying we can't mourn or be heartbroken but to remember things in perspective - that all the goodness and love we have felt and enjoyed can only be possible because of Him - for He made us and gave us the ability to feel all these things.

Finally, realise that He is Yahweh, the Creator of All - not a genie in a lamp that call on for wishes when we see fit. A prayer is a petition to the King and Creator of All, not a demand a servant must carry out. And remember that one day Death and Satan will be destroyed and the world will return back to what it always should have been, like the Garden of Eden. I know that might not give you much comfort. But ultimately God will make everything right in the end and settle accounts with everyone and everything in the end. We all must face Him. So make sure you don't say or do anything in this life that will will regret massively in the next.

“Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
And naked I shall return there.
Yahweh gave, and Yahweh has taken away.
Blessed be the name of Yahweh.”
Through all this Job did not sin, nor did he give offense to God.
- Job 1:21-22

Apologies for rambling and I hope you don't think I was being rude at all. The truth is, I wouldn't have written all of this if I didn't care or wasn't concerned for you. Find your peace with God, whatever happens with this person. And may the Yahweh, the Creator of All things bless you with peace and maybe some more time. Every day is a gift.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Someone I love very very much and who loves me very very with a love I have never experienced in my Life and probably never will again is dying. My grief is very very great. I even want to go with him. I have been storming the gates of Heaven with my prayers. If God lets this happen without healing him, I am done praying. I will never get over this. I will always hold this against God. I was promised that God can do anything. Nothing is impossible to God. I will always believe that God exists though.
Would you be happy if they were instantly healed and never felt physical pain again?
Would you be happy if God did a very great miracle and gave them a 25 year old body instantly - no pain at all ?
Would you be happy if God did that at some great cost to you emotionally -- but it would be fantastic for your friend?

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟273,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't turn away from or against God, He loves you so much. We will never understand everything. I just lost a dear one too. Turn to God with your pain, pour out your heart to Him and let Him be a friend to you. He will comfort you.

Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟402,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
i'm sorry :( God loves you both very much and it's ok to be mad at God but don't give up on your faith so you can make it to Heaven someday and be with your loved one

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
GOD isn't the enemy.
He's the peace found in the middle of the storm.
He's the smile that gently kisses the tears away on our cheeks.
The LORD is the loving embrace of a friend, family member or even a neighbor.
He's the hopeful word spoken from the lips of a stranger on the streets or in the park.
He's the cashier who covers the last few cents needed to buy that meal you've so desperately searched for during the holidays.
The LORD is all these things but he's not responsible for the pain your feeling.
He loves you.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I remember getting mad at God. Packing up my Bibles and books. Trying to walk away.
Good thing He is patient and kind.
I learned that you have to give Him the benefit of the doubt. Odd way to say it. But Paul says it better:

Heb 11:6
"Now without faith it is impossible to please God, for whoever comes to him must believe that he exists
and that he rewards those who diligently search for him."

This has to be your faith attitude at all times. Regardless of what happens or what does not happen. Read the rest of Heb 11 and you will find many of the people he was talking about did NOT receive the promise they were believing for. They died first. Yet they believed God anyways. Right up to the end. They believed He was a rewarder even when they were not rewarded in this life.
There are reasons things happen. You are not always privy to those reasons.
I finally asked the Lord about this. He spoke to my heart immediately. He said "Your job is to pray and believe. That is what you do. It is my job to make things happen. You do your job, let me do mine. You take care of your part, I will take care of my part."
In short He was telling me to do my part, and when it comes to his part, I should mind my own business. You do not know enough to run the universe yet. There are reasons why those things happen and do not happen.
I suspect if He did everything we ask our lives and the lives of those we pray for would be worse, not better. Trust Him and know that ALL things work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Reactions: Gentle Lamb
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My grief is very very great.
I'm so so sorry! This is SO tough. You put yourself out there to give of yourself & love. Thankfully, they loved you back. I hope you have other people in your life who can give you comfort & support.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Friend, I lost loved ones in the past. God wanted the souls back. Ezekiel chapter 18, All souls belong to God. I
Christian people are servants of God. God is the creator and owns every ones souls.
Psalm 90:3. Thou turns man to destruction; and says, Return ye children of men. Christian people go to resurrection to paradise. The wicked and heathen go to sheol.
God decides when the person is done in the flesh and returns to heaven.
Romans chapter 9:21. Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honor, and another unto dishonor?
9:22. What if God willing to shew His wrath, and make His power known, endured with much long suffering the vessel of wrath fitted for destruction.

It's God's business if He has the wicked sent to sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked. Who is someone to argue what God does with His children.
Or if the Christian goes to paradise. Which ever side of the gulf they go, is Gods business.
Mabey Jesus took the individual, to not have to go through the tribulation of satan as antichrist near future. Many people will not have the faith to stand against antichrist near future. Ephesians chapter 6 to document .
My mother died in 1982. She was taking aspirin and drinking milk. She died of internal bleeding. She wouldn't listen to her doctor. She made wrong decisions and died. No, I don't hold anything against God.
Think about this !.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums