Very confused

savedbygracebre

Jun 26, 2005
✟579.00
Faith
Protestant
Hey everyone. I've been on here before but it's been awhile. Some background info-i'm chrisian and my wife and her whole family(2 other sisters and one brother are not).I do love them as they are good people, it's just life becomes more difficult as i come closer to the Lord. Accepted Christ two years ago and decided things in my life had to be changed. I walked away from drinking, clubs, and the things i felt were ungodly. Problem is my wife did not make that change and she was going with her family to the club withou me and the whole time i was being judged for not being her husband and being by her side. So, after three months i decided to go with her everyonce and a while and to social drink(one or two beers tops). After that for about 6 or so months i felt more and more like the club was the House Of Satan and i did not belong. In the last year i've been out with her probably a couple of times. Last nite i went with her to a formal dance(suit and tie Christmas benefit), i diddn't drink and she as usual got pretty wasted. In th middle of the dance she breaks down crying and her sister takes her to the bathroom(we were with her family at the table). When she comes back from the bathroom i was very confused and took her sister outside and asked her what was the deal? Her sister proceeded to offer her advice on how my wife isn't happy with me because i'm no "fun" anymore because i don't drink and do the "typical" things you do when you drink. She proceeds to tell me that i want go to hell if i drink and that she knows that i'm taking this whole christian thing too far etc.(she is not a christian). As always it's hard to convince anyone of your beliefs especially when they were raised up thinking were all going to Heaven anyway-you kknow -the good works thing.
Now , i'm struggling-i have two kids(young), i want to follow God, but i want to love my wife.Do i go back to social drinking or go to the club with her and stop looking so self righteous? Do i just continue to struggle with the pressure of the wight of the world on me feeling like everyone is judging me for making her life miserable? She's got a christmas party next week and then New Years and i'm not sure what and how i'm supposed to approach them. And yes i will be on my hands and knees praying to God as well as daily reading His Word for His answer as well. Thanks and God Bless.

free4all

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Midwest
✟17,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Saved,

Welcome back! I remember when you were here before. Sorry things are not so smooth right now. My blood boiled a bit when I read your post. If I come across strong, it's only because I do not like to see a Christian brother or sister being pushed around. I do have a few comments.

life becomes more difficult as i come closer to the Lord.
That's how it works, especially when you are living for the Lord around unbelievers. satan would like nothing more than to drag you down and away from the Lord.

Accepted Christ two years ago and decided things in my life had to be changed. I walked away from drinking, clubs, and the things i felt were ungodly. Problem is my wife did not make that change and she was going with her family to the club withou me and the whole time i was being judged for not being her husband and being by her side.
You were and are her husband. It's your choice, not theirs, as to where you go. If they want to judge you by a faulty standard, let them judge.
[bible]Matthew 5:10[/bible]
So, after three months i decided to go with her everyonce and a while and to social drink(one or two beers tops). After that for about 6 or so months i felt more and more like the club was the House Of Satan and i did not belong.
Sounds like the Holy Spirit is communicating this to you.

Her sister proceeded to offer her advice on how my wife isn't happy with me because i'm no "fun" anymore because i don't drink and do the "typical" things you do when you drink. She proceeds to tell me that i want go to hell if i drink
So she is an expert on religious matters? She actually is disrespecting your right to make your own decisions.

and that she knows that i'm taking this whole christian thing too far
She will not have this same opinion on Judgment Day.

As always it's hard to convince anyone of your beliefs especially when they were raised up thinking were all going to Heaven anyway-you kknow -the good works thing.
I know. But remember, it's not your job to convince them of your beliefs. It's your job to live your beliefs, regardless of how others try to influence you to compromise.

i want to follow God, but i want to love my wife.
These two are not exclusive of the other. You can and are expected to do both. If the only way your wife feels loved by you is if you go out and get drunk with her, or go to places where your conscience screams at you that you don't belong, then she has issues. Don't let her or anyone else manipulate you into doing things you feel are ungodly.

You mentioned kids. The surest way to see that your kids grow up thinking social drinking and getting drunk are acceptable is to have both parents live that lifestyle. You cannot make decisions for your wife, but your children need to see you as a good role model.

Do i go back to social drinking or go to the club with her
What do you have peace about?

and stop looking so self righteous?
Who says you are self-righteous? Is this an accusation from your wife or her family? If it's a false accusation, don't accept it into your life. You are already using that language like it is true. Is it? If not, stop speaking as if it is. If others feel like it's so, but they are wrong, pray for them and thank God you are considered worthy to be criticized for following Him. But don't agree with them just because it's convenient.

Do i just continue to struggle with the pressure of the wight of the world on me feeling like everyone is judging me for making her life miserable?
What is your job title? Is it her designated party boy? If she's miserable because you won't party with her, she has issues, not you.

And as for everyone judging you, let them judge. Stand your ground.

She's got a christmas party next week and then New Years and i'm not sure what and how i'm supposed to approach them.
What kind of parties? Office parties where there will be alcohol, parties at a club where drink is free flowing, or drunken orgies?

I'll answer based on the assumption they will be office parties with alcohol. Only if you feel peace about it would I suggest considering going... and if you don't feel like drinking, don't. If you feel it's okay to have a bit, that's your choice, and no one else's. Under no circumstances would I let anyone talk me into drinking more than I wanted to, NO MATTER THE FALLOUT. This isn't high school; you don't need to bow to peer pressure. If they can't handle a "no" from you, it's time for them to grow up.

If the parties will be at a club where you don't feel peace about going... I absolutely would not go. Hey, here's an idea... invite them to your church. Every time they invite you out drinking, invite them to church. I suspect they'll stop inviting you out if you do that.

I'm all for peace in the family, as long as it doesn't violate my conscience. What violates your conscience? Going to the bar? Having a few drinks? Getting drunk? I recommend you find out what you have peace about, then take a stand, and let the chips fall where they may.

What would you rather do, please the unbelievers around you, or please God?

[bible]Psalm 1:1[/bible]
Here's my interpretation:
Don't follow their advice.
Don't accept their lifestyle.
Don't join their sin.

Personally, I don't think it's a sin to have a drink, unless it violates your conscience. Then I think it is a sin. I encourage you to follow what you have peace about in your heart, not what you allow others to decide for you.

Saved, I don't mean to be harsh, but come on, stand your ground. If you don't want to drink, that's YOUR choice. If you don't want to go to a club where the main purpose is to drink, that's YOUR choice. If your wife can't handle it, it's her problem. Going out drinking wasn't part of your wedding vows.

I'm not perfect by far, but the days of allowing someone else to decide when and how much I drink are long gone. So are the days of someone else deciding where I will go, especially if I don't have peace about those places.

This next thought came to mind as soon as I started reading your post: The pleas of the rebellious for me to join their sin mean nothing to me.

You are in a battle, and it will get worse...unless you capitulate, and then you will have no peace in your heart. If you capitulate, you will be miserable and will feel even worse than you do now.

What is your choice?

And yes i will be on my hands and knees praying to God as well as daily reading His Word for His answer as well. Thanks and God Bless.
Good. When the battle comes, stand strong. If it feels like you are all alone against everyone, and being attacked on all sides, then you are probably doing the right thing.

Note what Jesus had to say:
[bible]Matthew 10:34-35[/bible]
Note especially the next verse:
[bible]Matthew 10:36[/bible]
The next verses are too good to leave out:
[bible]Matthew 10:37-39[/bible]

Stand strong, brother.

Upvote 0

savedbygracebre

Jun 26, 2005
✟579.00
Faith
Protestant
Wow free4all that was an inspiring response! I actually have stood my ground and quite often. I'm just getting battle weary and getting tired of having to justify over and over what i believe and why i am the way that i am. I probably could be at peace with a drink or two, but that angers me because i would feel i have compromised what i believe and stand for and i am getting sick of compromising!I am going to read and pray and keep updates thruought the week. The christmas party is going to be at her brothers house and it will definitely be a drinkfest. New years parties are always a drinkfest. I don't feel comfortable going to either one and can already feel the attacks from la familia from all fronts for "not being her husband and going out with her"! Peace and God bless.

Upvote 0

glo1

Hier stehe ich. Ich kann nicht anders.
Sep 23, 2006
✟10,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi savedbygracebre

I understand how you feel when you say you get battle weary ...
I feel like it too sometimes, although the issue for me has never been around alcohol.

Free4all has given you fabulous advice, and ther is not much I can add ...

Just one thing on the battle-wearyiness:
When a pattern around certain situations has established (i.e. your wife's and her family's reaction around parties for you; my husband's reactions around me going to church for me), satan can just sit back and take it easy ...

I will try to explain what I mean by using my own situation - and leave it to you whether you can apply it to yours ...
Because I have had so many arguments about going to church with my husband, we don't need to have actual arguments anymore for satan to bring tension and division between us.
The mere expectation of having those arguments, the mere remembering all those past arguments is enough!

Example:
Next Sunday our church is having a family Christmas service.
I would love my family to come along.
But just the thought of asking fills me with dread ... because I remember my husband's reactions from the past:
  • I'm not going there!
  • No, the children can't come!
  • Those people ar too nice!
etc, etc

Do you know what I mean?
Fear and anticipation of the negative is already having a hold on me - before I have even brought up the issue!

What I need to do in this situation is to focus on God, to trust his will, to not be disheartened by past experiences ... and to believe that one day to will be different! And that day could be today!!

I don't know if any of this makes any sense ...
I have a feeling that I am rambling ... :doh:

Stand firm, savedbygracebre!
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. (Ephesians 6:10-18)

glo

Upvote 0

maranni

Jul 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
✟7,693.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey everyone. I've been on here before but it's been awhile. Some background info-i'm chrisian and my wife and her whole family(2 other sisters and one brother are not).I do love them as they are good people, it's just life becomes more difficult as i come closer to the Lord. Accepted Christ two years ago and decided things in my life had to be changed. I walked away from drinking, clubs, and the things i felt were ungodly. Problem is my wife did not make that change and she was going with her family to the club withou me and the whole time i was being judged for not being her husband and being by her side. So, after three months i decided to go with her everyonce and a while and to social drink(one or two beers tops). After that for about 6 or so months i felt more and more like the club was the House Of Satan and i did not belong. In the last year i've been out with her probably a couple of times. Last nite i went with her to a formal dance(suit and tie Christmas benefit), i diddn't drink and she as usual got pretty wasted. In th middle of the dance she breaks down crying and her sister takes her to the bathroom(we were with her family at the table). When she comes back from the bathroom i was very confused and took her sister outside and asked her what was the deal? Her sister proceeded to offer her advice on how my wife isn't happy with me because i'm no "fun" anymore because i don't drink and do the "typical" things you do when you drink. She proceeds to tell me that i want go to hell if i drink and that she knows that i'm taking this whole christian thing too far etc.(she is not a christian). As always it's hard to convince anyone of your beliefs especially when they were raised up thinking were all going to Heaven anyway-you kknow -the good works thing.
Now , i'm struggling-i have two kids(young), i want to follow God, but i want to love my wife.Do i go back to social drinking or go to the club with her and stop looking so self righteous? Do i just continue to struggle with the pressure of the wight of the world on me feeling like everyone is judging me for making her life miserable? She's got a christmas party next week and then New Years and i'm not sure what and how i'm supposed to approach them. And yes i will be on my hands and knees praying to God as well as daily reading His Word for His answer as well. Thanks and God Bless.
savedbygracebre said: Do i just continue to struggle with the pressure of the wight of the world on me feeling like everyone is judging me for making her life miserable?

Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

In my own life, it has helped me alot to try to remember that dh is not my enemy. Sometimes he looks like it and sounds like it, but it helps me to remember that he's not. It makes me feel compassion instead of anger.

maranni

Upvote 0

glo1

Hier stehe ich. Ich kann nicht anders.
Sep 23, 2006
✟10,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my own life, it has helped me alot to try to remember that dh is not my enemy. Sometimes he looks like it and sounds like it, but it helps me to remember that he's not. It makes me feel compassion instead of anger.

maranni
Well said!
Your post really speaks to me. Amen! :)

glo

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
C

Ceridwen

Remember that you are now behaving differently than you were when she agreed to marry you. It is you who has shifted the ground of the relationship. I'm not saying that you should go back to drinking and partying, but just to see things from a sober perspective. She agreed to marry a funloving freethinker, and what she ended up having was quite a bit different. Keep this in mind you try to put yourself in her shoes.

Reactions: cristianna
Upvote 0

kayd1966

Don't just listen to the Word...Do what it says.
Mar 19, 2005
Visit site
✟12,654.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Good to see you again Saved...I remember when you were here before. I'm actually glad to hear that you have been able to stand your ground!

I have to agree with what has been said so far. Also, as Ceridwen mentioned, you have changed.

Preaching to her and her family doesn't usually work...I wish it would and there are occassions that it does but in general living in peace doesn't occur if one is being preached at. That being said, you are commanded to be an example for them to see. I'm concerned that you are feeling pushed to drink when you don't want too. Also...you have stood your ground so far, to step back and fall to peer pressure will make them think that the "whole christian thing" is just a fake. They aren't respecting you right now but that is their problem not yours. They will actually loose even more respect for you if you go back to the partying lifestyle to make her happy after standing your ground.

If you want to have her support your decisions and respect your for the man you have changed into then you are going to have to return some of the same behavior. Now I'm NOT says you should encourage her to go and get wasted but I do say that you need to make it clear to her that you aren't going to taking part in that "drunk" lifestyle but that you are there for her. To drive, to help around the house, to look after the kids, etc. Let her have her time out but also, start making some new memories with her. Right now, its sounds like she's hanging onto the past because that is all she has. You got saved (Praise the Lord) and went on to a whole new life, learning about God, going to church, making new friends, etc. She was asked to come along but why would she want too? She doesn't know the Lord YET, so the excitement isn't there, she feels out of place...like you do in a bar or party. She remembers the "good old days" and wishes for them because its familiar and comfortable and secure. You have to start building new memories with her...plan family outings, plan date nights, "court" her again. Privately ask the Lord to renew your relationship so that you fall in-love with each other again. I'm about 90% sure she isn't looking for a partying husband...she's feeling insecure and doesn't know what the future holds. You need to show her over and over and over again that you are not leaving, that you are there for her and the children to take care of them as God has commanded you to do. You need to provide her with a very secure relationship. DO NOT LEAVE...don't even entertain the thought! If you do start questioning...give it to the Lord, and ask Him what you need to do to restore the relationship.

That was not the point I was going to make...hhhmmm...you'll get to know me...I tend to do this quite a bit...start with one thought and end up somewhere way different...I hope & pray it was from the Lord....

Upvote 0

byfaith1965

Apr 19, 2005
Cincinnati, Ohio
✟592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Wow does this sound like my life. I would love to share with you some things about how I handled this situation.

First off It was not easy for me and I still can struggle(better stated), tread through these issues. If it were not for Gods strength leading and directing I know I would not be at peace like I am today.

And yes i will be on my hands and knees praying to God as well as daily reading His Word for His answer as well.

Thats good because you need to always have an open and connecting relationship. AT ALL TIMES!!! I know by putting God first and asking for direction he not only answered my prayers but also put my mind and my heart in the right place to know that my marriage is being blessed by him. God assured me that staying and confronting these issues where in his plans and he gave me all the strength I need to do it. Ok I know I bring up strength a lot but that is what I needed most of all.

I do love them as they are good people, it's just life becomes more difficult as i come closer to the Lord.

I know now why this also happened to me. Again it was confirmed to me from God. The reason that life became more diffulcult as I came closer to the Lord was because there was several different things going on. First the last thing Satan wants is for you to get strong in you walk to the point that you will be able to witness your life to your wife and her family, gaining strength and the Love that naturally comes as a result. Satan knows that if you can be saved that is one step closer to her being saved also. God is also testing you by streching you past the point of comfort. For me everytime an issue occured I would have my little conversation with God first begging for relief, then gradually the prayers became knowledge of what was occuring and changed from beggin to rebuking Satan and asking for strength that I knew I would get. Also during this time you grow in your walk and you have to keep yourself accountable at these times to go above and beyond what you may have gone before. That is where growth occurs.

In one of my last postings I actually spoke about something very simular that happened to me.

http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?p=29448496#post29448496

Do i just continue to struggle with the pressure of the weight of the world on me feeling like everyone is judging me for making her life miserable?

Yes and no. Yes you continue, ask for Gods help, he can give you the strength you need to carry out his plans. You may not know exactly what the plans are but in time little by little God will come through for you and your family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

emez

Oct 15, 2004
Sheffield
✟9,637.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Good to see you again Saved...I remember when you were here before. I'm actually glad to hear that you have been able to stand your ground!

I have to agree with what has been said so far. Also, as Ceridwen mentioned, you have changed.

Preaching to her and her family doesn't usually work...I wish it would and there are occassions that it does but in general living in peace doesn't occur if one is being preached at. That being said, you are commanded to be an example for them to see. I'm concerned that you are feeling pushed to drink when you don't want too. Also...you have stood your ground so far, to step back and fall to peer pressure will make them think that the "whole christian thing" is just a fake. They aren't respecting you right now but that is their problem not yours. They will actually loose even more respect for you if you go back to the partying lifestyle to make her happy after standing your ground.

If you want to have her support your decisions and respect your for the man you have changed into then you are going to have to return some of the same behavior. Now I'm NOT says you should encourage her to go and get wasted but I do say that you need to make it clear to her that you aren't going to taking part in that "drunk" lifestyle but that you are there for her. To drive, to help around the house, to look after the kids, etc. Let her have her time out but also, start making some new memories with her. Right now, its sounds like she's hanging onto the past because that is all she has. You got saved (Praise the Lord) and went on to a whole new life, learning about God, going to church, making new friends, etc. She was asked to come along but why would she want too? She doesn't know the Lord YET, so the excitement isn't there, she feels out of place...like you do in a bar or party. She remembers the "good old days" and wishes for them because its familiar and comfortable and secure. You have to start building new memories with her...plan family outings, plan date nights, "court" her again. Privately ask the Lord to renew your relationship so that you fall in-love with each other again. I'm about 90% sure she isn't looking for a partying husband...she's feeling insecure and doesn't know what the future holds. You need to show her over and over and over again that you are not leaving, that you are there for her and the children to take care of them as God has commanded you to do. You need to provide her with a very secure relationship. DO NOT LEAVE...don't even entertain the thought! If you do start questioning...give it to the Lord, and ask Him what you need to do to restore the relationship.

That was not the point I was going to make...hhhmmm...you'll get to know me...I tend to do this quite a bit...start with one thought and end up somewhere way different...I hope & pray it was from the Lord....

Alot of the posts have been really good advice but I think kayd sums up what I was going to say. She equates alcohol with fun and fun with alcohol, if you can and I know it isn't easy you might want to help her see that other things can be fun and that alcohol is need to enjoy them.

I pray that the Lord will give you renewed strength.

Upvote 0

savedbygracebre

Jun 26, 2005
✟579.00
Faith
Protestant
Ok, everybody, here is how it's gone this week. I had a brother at work bring me a book written by Dr. Tony Evans called THE MAN'S ROLE IN THE HOME. It was truly an eye opener as it has for the first time truly revealed to me what it means in Ephesians (5:25?) that we as husbands are to love our wives as Christ loves the church. That is a sacrificial love, a type of love that is unconditional and even says that we should love our wives the most when they are being their worst-and yes it applies to unbelieving spouses also. I put this new attitude into existence, but, for me it will take time. I know i haven't been the husband i needed to be, and for this i will rely completely on the grace of God to see me through. I realize, and recently have been seeing, that the way i am starting to change my attitude in a positive way has totally been Him at work in me-none of me. As far as my anticipation of upcoming parties-yes, i do go into this negative mindset before we even start-it's very hard to condition my behavior towards something that disgusts me! But, i will also pray that God will deliver me from that bondage that i shouldn't place on myself. We had a little bit of an arguement last nite before we went to bed, but we made up this morning. I really want things to work out, it's just that i feel so much that i'm all alone with no one supporting me. Here's a little backgroung info on me: I'm 37-lost my mother ath the age of 18(she was an angel), my dad is a recovered alcoholic and might as well be dead since we once again don't speak to eachother(been over a year), my sister(who is two years older than me) really can't help me because to be quite honest she has never gotten her life together, all of my grandparents have died, and the only christian i have in my family is my aunt and she completely stabbed me in the back over money(i have forgiven her, but my wife is still very hurt by what was done to us). So, that are some of the reasons that i feel so alone, it seems like i am stranded in the middle. This is where i leave off with the verse that i use to help me in tthese times_"if God is for me, who can be against me?"Romans 8:31.

Reactions: cristianna
Upvote 0

pete56

A Beloved Son of God!
Apr 13, 2004
✟19,616.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok, everybody, here is how it's gone this week. I had a brother at work bring me a book written by Dr. Tony Evans called THE MAN'S ROLE IN THE HOME. It was truly an eye opener as it has for the first time truly revealed to me what it means in Ephesians (5:25?) that we as husbands are to love our wives as Christ loves the church. That is a sacrificial love, a type of love that is unconditional and even says that we should love our wives the most when they are being their worst-and yes it applies to unbelieving spouses also. I put this new attitude into existence, but, for me it will take time. I know i haven't been the husband i needed to be, and for this i will rely completely on the grace of God to see me through. I realize, and recently have been seeing, that the way i am starting to change my attitude in a positive way has totally been Him at work in me-none of me. As far as my anticipation of upcoming parties-yes, i do go into this negative mindset before we even start-it's very hard to condition my behavior towards something that disgusts me! But, i will also pray that God will deliver me from that bondage that i shouldn't place on myself. We had a little bit of an arguement last nite before we went to bed, but we made up this morning. I really want things to work out, it's just that i feel so much that i'm all alone with no one supporting me. Here's a little backgroung info on me: I'm 37-lost my mother ath the age of 18(she was an angel), my dad is a recovered alcoholic and might as well be dead since we once again don't speak to eachother(been over a year), my sister(who is two years older than me) really can't help me because to be quite honest she has never gotten her life together, all of my grandparents have died, and the only christian i have in my family is my aunt and she completely stabbed me in the back over money(i have forgiven her, but my wife is still very hurt by what was done to us). So, that are some of the reasons that i feel so alone, it seems like i am stranded in the middle. This is where i leave off with the verse that i use to help me in tthese times_"if God is for me, who can be against me?"Romans 8:31.
Hi Savedbygrace,

I'm sorry I missed your thread previously, and yet I resonate with so much of what you say!

I know what it is like to suddenly discover that the only way to help your wife see Christ is to be more like Christ and then to realise that you have to change so much! But be encouraged, when the HS reveals this to you (as He clearly has) He also provides the grace to be able to do it!

I read through your short history here and really feel the wounds that were inflicted upon you through your youth and childhood. Brother, let me tell you that we men (sorry ladies - a bit of male bonding coming up) suffer so much from the wounds of our childhood,perhaps even more than women that have a 'sisterhood' approach to life, the lack of a father and the loss of a mother are awful things to cope with and they just drive us to be independent and self centred, it makes change all the harder too.

Have you read anything by John Eldredge? I recomend Wild at Heart and The Sacred Romance, he has helped me to see the issues that I had to face inmy past so that I could be free for the future and more able to share and help my wife and family to experience Christ's love through me.

I am praying that you will find healing for your soul too brother and that out of that healing you will be able to shine with Christ's love to all, but especially to your DW.

Be welcome here and feel free to join us all in the Check In thread too.

Pete

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

savedbygracebre

Jun 26, 2005
✟579.00
Faith
Protestant
Wow, Saved, I see how you could feel so alone. Do you have a good church to attend?
Thanks for the input Pete56, sometimes it is hard to let go of past issues, but i know it can be done. As far as church goes, since i am a catholic(as well as her whole family) i attend a catholic church. One day, when my kids are old enough to make their own decisions, or if the door is opened by the Holy Spirit, then i will seek out a good bible believing-bible preaching church more centered towards my beliefs.

Upvote 0

Jenniewren

Dec 14, 2006
Australia
✟15,910.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is sometimes hard to understand the OT because God is always the same, yet because of Jesus we live in a different reality. We are not called to accept our partners "false God's", but we are told to stay in the relationship because we may be the instrument God uses for thier salvation.

Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the forces of evil in the heavenly realms

This sums it up for me. The fact that DH is not the enemy is something I feel challenged to remember.

Upvote 0