• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Veins sticking out of my head.

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All of the sudden my veins are sticking way out of my head. This has been going on for about 3 days. They go down when I sleep. My blood pressure is high again. There is one vein on each side of my head sticking out. Should I be concerned? I'm afraid that I may have a stroke. I can feel my pulse in these veins.

Reactions: NOTWHATIWAS

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
List all of your other health issues so I can get a better idea of what is going on with your body. Just going by the reality of the high blood pressure, you need to increase your intake of magnesium to relax the muscles in your arteries which help to move blood throughout the body. Both magnesium and calcium are necessary for optimum blood pressure but when it is too high that means you have too little magnesium wand the blood vessels cannot relax as it should.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
High blood pressure
Hernia
Hands fall asleep at night
Spasms
Heart palpatations

Alright. There is some structural damage taking place in your body. If I remember correctly, you are either a body builder or you used to hit the gym pretty often. When you put your body under that stress, it forces your muscles, tissues, etc to break down and then regenerate stronger. The regeneration process however, requires structural nutrients and if you are not getting enough of them from the diet you can experience many different issues. Primarily the hernias is a sign of that. The spasms and the high blood pressure are very much related to the magnesium/calcium issue. The heart palpatations can be caused by disk degeneration in your spine. There are nerves that come from the spine and go to the heart and regulate the heartbeat through electrical impulses. If the spine begins to degenerate it can affect the nerve and cause irregular heartbeats.

Having said all that, the good news is that regardless of the issue, your body knows how to fix itself and your body wants to fix itself. So even if i am only 50% correct, the way to health is to do some fundamental things.

1. Give your body all the nutrients that it needs to fix itself and let the body decide what it needs to fix the problem
2. Stay away from foods and drugs which hurts the body.

So you need to refocus on diet and nutrition. I recommend getting your hands on a comprehensive nutritional supplement to give your a broad spectrum of nutrients. You also need to include essential fatty acids and probiotics as well. Your body needs to heal. Practice intermittent fasting and use a lot of vegetable juices and predigested foods to provide some relief to your digestive system and give your body more energy to repair itself.

I recommend also you listen to doctors such as Dr Joel Wallach, Dr Peter Glidden, Dr John Bergman (who all have videos you can find for free on youtube) and pharmacist Ben Fuchs as they will help you to understand steps you can take to heal your body for yourself and keep away from toxic pharmaceutical meds which only makes matters worse overtime. This is my advice for now.

Reactions: John Davidson
Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Alright. There is some structural damage taking place in your body. If I remember correctly, you are either a body builder or you used to hit the gym pretty often. When you put your body under that stress, it forces your muscles, tissues, etc to break down and then regenerate stronger. The regeneration process however, requires structural nutrients and if you are not getting enough of them from the diet you can experience many different issues. Primarily the hernias is a sign of that. The spasms and the high blood pressure are very much related to the magnesium/calcium issue. The heart palpatations can be caused by disk degeneration in your spine. There are nerves that come from the spine and go to the heart and regulate the heartbeat through electrical impulses. If the spine begins to degenerate it can affect the nerve and cause irregular heartbeats.

Having said all that, the good news is that regardless of the issue, your body knows how to fix itself and your body wants to fix itself. So even if i am only 50% correct, the way to health is to do some fundamental things.

1. Give your body all the nutrients that it needs to fix itself and let the body decide what it needs to fix the problem
2. Stay away from foods and drugs which hurts the body.

So you need to refocus on diet and nutrition. I recommend getting your hands on a comprehensive nutritional supplement to give your a broad spectrum of nutrients. You also need to include essential fatty acids and probiotics as well. Your body needs to heal. Practice intermittent fasting and use a lot of vegetable juices and predigested foods to provide some relief to your digestive system and give your body more energy to repair itself.

I recommend also you listen to doctors such as Dr Joel Wallach, Dr Peter Glidden, Dr John Bergman (who all have videos you can find for free on youtube) and pharmacist Ben Fuchs as they will help you to understand steps you can take to heal your body for yourself and keep away from toxic pharmaceutical meds which only makes matters worse overtime. This is my advice for now.

So are you suggesting that I stop taking my high blood pressure medication?

As far as diet goes I eat pretty healthy. I eat mainly fruits, vegetables, fish, and nuts. I usually get my calcium from yogurt and milk and my magnesium from dark chocolate, almonds, spinach, salmon, and brown rice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As far as diet goes I eat pretty healthy. I eat mainly fruits, vegetables, fish, and nuts. I usually get my calcium from yogurt and milk and my magnesium from dark chocolate, almonds, spinach, salmon.

I cant suggest that you stop the high blood pressure meds. Which ones are you taking? Based on which one it is, it can help determine the cause of the high blood pressure. If its not a magnesium/calcium issue then it can be a kidney issue.

However, eating healthy is one thing, but how much nutrients are in the food vs how much you think are in the food is another thing. We actually don't know the nutritional content of foods these days. Now we know that magnesium is what gives green leafy veges their color, so there must be some magnesium there, but the amount would vary based on the soil in which it is grown. Then since cows don't make calcium and must get it from the grass, this raised another issue since most cows now are grain fed instead of grass fed. So even the milk and yogurt does not contain the amount of calcium it used to have.Then to make up for this they must fortify it with calcium but the calcium that they use is not in a form that is very absorbable by the human body. A lot of people don't realize that plants actually cannot make minerals. They must absorb it from the soil. If it is missing in the soil then when you eat the plant, its missing in you. Kale absorbs and stores a lot of calcium but if the Kale is planted in soil which has no calcium, there will be no calcium in the Kale and you might eat the Kale thinking you're getting calcium when in fact you are not getting any. The bottom line is that the only way to really be sure you're getting enough nutrition is through a high quality nutritional supplement or growing your own food using the best organic farming practices and that is very difficult to do.

Have you had your kidney function checked? Are you also usually under a lot of stress?

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I cant suggest that you stop the high blood pressure meds. Which ones are you taking? Based on which one it is, it can help determine the cause of the high blood pressure. If its not a magnesium/calcium issue then it can be a kidney issue.

However, eating healthy is one thing, but how much nutrients are in the food vs how much you think are in the food is another thing. We actually don't know the nutritional content of foods these days. Now we know that magnesium is what gives green leafy veges their color, so there must be some magnesium there, but the amount would vary based on the soil in which it is grown. Then since cows don't make calcium and must get it from the grass, this raised another issue since most cows now are grain fed instead of grass fed. So even the milk and yogurt does not contain the amount of calcium it used to have.Then to make up for this they must fortify it with calcium but the calcium that they use is not in a form that is very absorbable by the human body. A lot of people don't realize that plants actually cannot make minerals. They must absorb it from the soil. If it is missing in the soil then when you eat the plant, its missing in you. Kale absorbs and stores a lot of calcium but if the Kale is planted in soil which has no calcium, there will be no calcium in the Kale and you might eat the Kale thinking you're getting calcium when in fact you are not getting any. The bottom line is that the only way to really be sure you're getting enough nutrition is through a high quality nutritional supplement or growing your own food using the best organic farming practices and that is very difficult to do.

Have you had your kidney function checked? Are you also usually under a lot of stress?

I had my kidneys checked and they said that they're fine.

Medications I am on:
Lisinpril 10 mg
Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg
Propranolol 40 mg.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

As far as diet goes I eat pretty healthy. I eat mainly fruits, vegetables, fish, and nuts. I usually get my calcium from yogurt and milk and my magnesium from dark chocolate, almonds, spinach, salmon.
In passing,
did you know,
were you aware,
how much illness and disease and diabetes and hbp and heart disease and obesity
may be caused by pasteurized homogenized products ? (look it up briefly on the internet - it has been widely known and published since about 1947, starting with the official us government doctor's "white papers" that are now extant (no worries - ten thousand medical studies since then verify it all). )

Likewise, the main cause of hbp in the united states is fouled adrenal glands(that sit on the kidneys and regulate 'flow').

A lot of possible simple things to look into, and proven almost 100 years by scientists and doctors, but set on a back shelf from lack of profit or funding (i.e. greed).

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had my kidneys checked and they said that they're fine.

Medications I am on:
Lisinpril 10 mg
Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg
Propranolol 40 mg.

So this combination of drugs covers whatever the issue could be, so I am still not sure. The Lisipril is an ACE inhibitor which means that it will block the action of angiotensin which is an enzyme that is produced as directed by your kidneys when the kidneys sense that it is clogged and not receiving enough blood flowing through it. The kidneys secrete renin which then causes angiotensin production which raises the blood pressure. So this drug blocks that. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic and it also works on the kidneys by forcibly causing the kidneys to secrete salt through the urine. The kidneys would reserve salt in order to use it to attract more water into the blood to increase the pressure. This is another strategy the body uses at the level of the kidneys when it senses the need to raise the blood pressure. So this drug blocks that. So 2 out of the three drugs blocks the action of the kidneys. The Propranolol is a beta blocker which reduces the heartbeat and blocks the action of the hormone Adrenalin which is a hormone the Adrenal Gland secretes in response to stress.

I am explaining this to you to point out that none of these drugs is addressing the actual root cause of the high blood pressure. High blood pressure outside of a magnesium deficiency is an adaptation of the body to an underlying problem. The body is responding by raising blood pressure. How long have you been suffering with high blood pressure? Which of the conditions that you listed did you have before you had high blood pressure? And have you ever taken a break from the meds for a couple of days and if so how did it affect your blood pressure.

Upvote 0

NOTWHATIWAS

I take my stage direction from God.
Jun 27, 2016
Oregon, USA
✟20,309.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
All of the sudden my veins are sticking way out of my head. This has been going on for about 3 days. They go down when I sleep. My blood pressure is high again. There is one vein on each side of my head sticking out. Should I be concerned? I'm afraid that I may have a stroke. I can feel my pulse in these veins.

High blood pressure in and of itself sounds like a good reason to make an appointment to see a doctor. I will pray for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So this combination of drugs covers whatever the issue could be, so I am still not sure. The Lisipril is an ACE inhibitor which means that it will block the action of angiotensin which is an enzyme that is produced as directed by your kidneys when the kidneys sense that it is clogged and not receiving enough blood flowing through it. The kidneys secrete renin which then causes angiotensin production which raises the blood pressure. So this drug blocks that. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic and it also works on the kidneys by forcibly causing the kidneys to secrete salt through the urine. The kidneys would reserve salt in order to use it to attract more water into the blood to increase the pressure. This is another strategy the body uses at the level of the kidneys when it senses the need to raise the blood pressure. So this drug blocks that. So 2 out of the three drugs blocks the action of the kidneys. The Propranolol is a beta blocker which reduces the heartbeat and blocks the action of the hormone Adrenalin which is a hormone the Adrenal Gland secretes in response to stress.

I am explaining this to you to point out that none of these drugs is addressing the actual root cause of the high blood pressure. High blood pressure outside of a magnesium deficiency is an adaptation of the body to an underlying problem. The body is responding by raising blood pressure. How long have you been suffering with high blood pressure? Which of the conditions that you listed did you have before you had high blood pressure? And have you ever taken a break from the meds for a couple of days and if so how did it affect your blood pressure.

I just started the Propranolol yesterday. It seems to have helped. My heart rate has slowed, my blood pressure has gone down, and my veins have gone down.

To answer your questions: I haven't had high blood pressure very long only about a month. I have went off the meds before and my blood pressure rises. As far as my previous conditions the only thing I really had before high blood pressure was the hernia.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just started the Propranolol yesterday. It seems to have helped. My heart rate has slowed, my blood pressure has gone down, and my veins have gone down.

To answer your questions: I haven't had high blood pressure very long only about a month. I have went off the meds before and my blood pressure rises. As far as my previous conditions the only thing I really had before high blood pressure was the hernia.

Ok. Don't stop taking the meds. However, you don't want to have to be on meds for the rest of your life so you should be aiming to find out what can work for your body to handle the blood pressure and then go from there. If I were you, I would take about 3 glasses of vegetable juice every day. If you do not have one as yet, buy a juicer and juice some kale, bok choi, spinach, cucumber and one or two fruits to add a bit of sweetness, but go light on the fruits. You want basically a nutritious green smoothy. So try this. Also stop using table salt if you currently do and switch it out for Himalayan sea salt of celtic sea salt which you can even add to your drinking water. Try this for about a week and keep monitoring your pressure to see if it drops low. A sign to know easily if your pressure is low is to go from a sitting to standing position really fast and see if you feel dizzy. If you pressure goes low then reduce on the meds and then you can try coming off the meds for a couple days and seeing how your blood pressure reacts. I think these are easy steps you can take now because as much as the meds are working, they don't really address the root cause and you always want to deal with the root cause.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Someone told me that it's difficult to get enough magnesium through diet, even if you eat as many veggies as a rabbit. I've been trying out magnesium oil, spraying it on my skin, and it seems to be helping.

I have never heard that before. But I do know that when you juice vegetables it makes the absorption of all nutrients much much easier as opposed to eating because fibre binds with certain nutrients and carries it out through the body undigested. Also the human body cannot digest cellulose and so the nutrients that are within the plant cell (made from a call wall of cellulose) is not made available to the body but when you juice you are able to get most of the nutrients out and separate the cellulose. But if the magnesium oil helps you then good chance it will also help someone else. Taking a bath in Epson salts also helps.

Reactions: GoldenSky
Upvote 0