Visit site
✟927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi, I am on a fast which calls for vegetables only. I am a die-hard meat eater but I am loving veggies only :D but I am running out of things to fix. So could someone lend me a hand and give me a few recipies or maybe a link to a good site with vegetables recipes. Oh yeah, its not totally veggies. I can have pasta and fruit. Just no meats. So far I cling to mac and cheese!!

Blessedone_74

"Avon Lady Calling"
Oct 2, 2003
California
Visit site
✟2,157.00
Faith
Baptist
If you like zuchini this will work. Just slice up some zuchini (at least two kinds tasts best) and some marg. and olive oil to a saute pan. Add vegies and cook just until done. Add chopped frech garlic and some dill (dried or fresh) you can add mushrooms if you like or even tomatoes at the end. it's good over some penne pasta as well. Enjoy!!

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Blessedone_74 said:
If you like zuchini this will work. Just slice up some zuchini (at least two kinds tasts best) and some marg. and olive oil to a saute pan. Add vegies and cook just until done. Add chopped frech garlic and some dill (dried or fresh) you can add mushrooms if you like or even tomatoes at the end. it's good over some penne pasta as well. Enjoy!!
Another yummy zuchini recipe kind of like this one. Chop up a couple zuchini, some squash, and onion (even fresh mushrooms if you like them). Saute them in a tablespoon or so of olive oil. After the veggies have softened, add about 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. It's WONDERFUL. I could eat it every day :)

Love, Heather

Upvote 0

Christi

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟4,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Slice a bunch of potatoes, green bell peppers, red onions, and a few jalepenos (optional). Put them in a 9x13 baking dish and slice up a stick of butter and spread out over the top. Cover and bake at 350 to 400 till potatoes are fork tender. The slice up cheese of your choice, I use "pepper-jack" but you could use cheddar or american or even velveeta, if you want. Cover top with cheese, and put back in oven uncovered, till cheese has melted and is bubbly. I love to make this for a side when I have company, because you can get it in the oven and not have to mess with it too much after that.

Upvote 0

pegeler

Oct 12, 2003
TN
Visit site
✟138.00
Some time ago, I had a small cafe.

One of the favorite lunches among the ladies was my "Chef's Vegetable Pasta".

It's really simple..

Slice up what ever FRESH veggies you can get your hands on. I used: Onions, red & green bell peppers, zukes & yellow squash, minced garlic, chopped tomato, fresh mushrooms. Saute in a large skillet, beginning with the hardest veggies, adding mushrooms and tomatoes last. (1-2 tbsp. Olive Oil)

Season to taste with salt, pepper, oregano, basil & just a pinch of thyme.

In the final couple of minutes, I added about a half-cup of white wine.

Served over various pastas (what ever I had handy at the time) with fresh grated cheese on top!

Pete

Upvote 0
Here is a great veggie recipe that is delicious and even my kids loved it when they were young, Vegitable Pizza

http://southernfood.about.com/library/rec03/bl30408z.htm

When I made it I also added shredded lettuce and shredded cheese. The pizza is best when you shred or chop the veggies finely.

Upvote 0