pmarquette

Nov 17, 2003
Auburn , IL.
Visit site
✟8,938.00
Faith
Protestant
Tami said:
One could argue the same thing about gambling. Gambling is addictive and can lead to destrution as well. Not everyone who occasionally does drugs gets addicted just like not everyone who occasionally gambles gets addicted. Does that make doing drugs any more right? Why should it make gambling any more right?

is we are depending upon luck , dame fortune , not God ....

Matthew 6.1-33 I know your needs , if you put me first , I , your God will provide ...

Upvote 0

EdmundBlackadderTheThird

Proud member of the Loud Few
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
✟23,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gambling for the proffesional gambler depends not on luck at all. They know the odds for each game they play and are willing to risk those odds. For folks like me that play a few bucks of scratch offs ever once in a while it is nothing about luck either. I don't have good luck or bad in winning or losing. I simply have the odds which are laid out. If I happen to get a winning ticket then it is due to the odds which are mathematical fact and have nothing to do with a reliance on luck. This is a simple issue in that some are trying to put the kibosh on something that God never spoke out against.

Gambling was around during the OT times and God chose not to include anything at all on gambling in the law given to the Jews, was this by mistake? I think it was indeed not by mistake but that it didn't matter one way or the other. If it was so abhorant to God then why did he not speak out against in the law?

Of course gambling can be addictive and destructive but so can the simple act of eating. We cannot say that because it can be addicting is any reason that we should avoid it or not accept tithes from it or we would have to speak out against eating as well and that is just silly.

Upvote 0

Tawhano

Northland Highwayman
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2003
North Carolina
Visit site
✟48,938.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have to side with flesh99, there is no mention of gambling being unholy in the scriptures. Religions would have you believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ is about ‘Thou shalt not..’ rather than the freedom it brings. People who point at others and say they shouldn’t do this or that are usually the people who hide a few skeletons in their closets.

Upvote 0

Evee

May 1, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟11,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I play the lottery in small doses.
I never ever buy over $5.00.
To me it would be silly to not accept the money.
We don't ask a tither where he got his money.
Even so it is acceptable I believe.
Is there anywhere in scriptures that refer to Gambling at all?
Or is this something we think is bad?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.