Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be sure to find a provider that is in favor of vbacs! If you just find one who will "try" it, just any ol' excuse when you're 36 weeks and its back to a c-section. That's happened to more than one person I know. By that point they know you can't switch providers so you're stuck doing it their way.

Upvote 0

seamonster

happy goth
Oct 2, 2005
✟18,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just had a VBAC two weeks ago in the hospital with an OB. I actually had never met him until I was in labor and everything went really smoothly. My doctor during pregnancy wasn't particularly supportive but I didn't have any complications so they agreed to give me a trial of labor. I didn't wait a long time to go to the hospital or anything - I was only a 5 when I was admitted - and I was in labor for 16 hours. I know some doctors try to put time limits on VBACs, but my labor was weird. I was literally at a 6 until the last 45 minutes of my labor. I had my water broken and within minutes was an 8, and a few minutes later was pushing.

I did have a doula who was very supportive and was key in me having an unmedicated birth. She was also really helpful in my birth plan being followed and in helping to speak for me when I was in too much pain to speak for myself :p.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums