Tex.Mom

Dec 6, 2016
TX
✟15,227.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I'm new here and thought I'd post in quiverfull because I'm very convicted by the school of thought. We currently have four children (3 bio/1 adopted), and I certainly would've liked to have had more, but my husband freaked out and had a vasectomy against my wishes after the birth of our fourth. It caused a ton of strain on our relationship and a lot of distress for me personally over the past nearly eight years since, but after finally really talking it through recently, he has decided to get a reversal. He never even researched what he was doing at all, but at that time we were not in a spirit-filled, Bible-believing church so my thinking now is what's done is done, as long as we can move forward. Anyway he is planning to go to a clinic that operates as a ministry with lowest overhead cost possible, but we still have to wait a few months until an expected small influx of money (we have debt and budget problems, which I also partly contribute to this particular bad choice that was made).

Wondering if anyone has been through this, and what your experiences were after? I have many concerns. At this point I'm so relieved he's going to get a reversal, I find myself really hoping for another pregnancy. But there are lots of issues: he is 7+ years post-vas. I already struggled with infertility before, and now I'm going to be 40. I've been told because of PCOS and endometriosis, and associated cysts and pain, I should consider a hysterectomy, but now instead I'm hoping for a pregnancy (although I really don't want a hysterctomy anyway, because I also have thyroid disease and remain unconvinced it would be beneficial). Has anyone achieved pregnancy after a reversal? If not, how did you move on anyway?

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have personal experience with this, but I do have a friend whose husband had a vasectomy reversal about 10 years after getting a vasectomy. She was unable to conceive through natural means and ended up opting for IVF, which was successful. They now have a 1-year-old boy. So it is possible.

I found some info on this website that you may find helpful: Vasectomy Reversal Success Rates | Attain Fertility

Your best bet is to talk to your doctor, and your husband's doctor, about the chances of a successful reversal and any risks that should be taken into consideration.

• Agree
Reactions: Haramis
Upvote 0

Emma43

Mar 12, 2017
Midwest
✟15,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I'm new here and thought I'd post in quiverfull because I'm very convicted by the school of thought. We currently have four children (3 bio/1 adopted), and I certainly would've liked to have had more, but my husband freaked out and had a vasectomy against my wishes after the birth of our fourth. It caused a ton of strain on our relationship and a lot of distress for me personally over the past nearly eight years since, but after finally really talking it through recently, he has decided to get a reversal. He never even researched what he was doing at all, but at that time we were not in a spirit-filled, Bible-believing church so my thinking now is what's done is done, as long as we can move forward. Anyway he is planning to go to a clinic that operates as a ministry with lowest overhead cost possible, but we still have to wait a few months until an expected small influx of money (we have debt and budget problems, which I also partly contribute to this particular bad choice that was made).

Wondering if anyone has been through this, and what your experiences were after? I have many concerns. At this point I'm so relieved he's going to get a reversal, I find myself really hoping for another pregnancy. But there are lots of issues: he is 7+ years post-vas. I already struggled with infertility before, and now I'm going to be 40. I've been told because of PCOS and endometriosis, and associated cysts and pain, I should consider a hysterectomy, but now instead I'm hoping for a pregnancy (although I really don't want a hysterctomy anyway, because I also have thyroid disease and remain unconvinced it would be beneficial). Has anyone achieved pregnancy after a reversal? If not, how did you move on anyway?

Hi

I think its good to restore if possible your husbands fertility. I think that in itself can bring a greater peace in your marriage and with God. More children may or may not be a part of your future. The great thing is that you can leave that to God. Its so easy to take this idea of rejoicing in Gods blessing of children to mean that we will all have a large family...we might not we just need to be willing to accept all the outcomes: pregnancy with the birth of a child, pregnancy resulting in loss, or maybe no pregnancy at all. Praying for you and your husbands journey.

Upvote 0