Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The OP seems to think there's an issue with talking about racially motivated things, so it seems a bit off topic in this thread.

There seems to be an issue with constantly bringing up only one group/race. Out of the 1,100 times in 48 hours referenced in the OP that 'racist' was used to describe someone, how many ethnic groups or races were represented? I'm guessing that number was low... somewhere around 1.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Is racial violence at all tolerable?
No, and it's not usually a successful in response to it in the long run. Nonviolence has had better results with racism, as people like King and Gandhi have showed us.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You do know that 20 times an hour is once every 3 minutes, not once every 3 seconds, right?

/basicmath
Basic math clearly has a liberal bias.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There seems to be an issue with constantly bringing up only one group/race. Out of the 1,100 times in 48 hours referenced in the OP that 'racist' was used to describe someone, how many ethnic groups or races were represented? I'm guessing that number was low... somewhere around 1.

Too bad the analysis in the OP doesn't present that data. Or manage to be able to do basic math. But other than that, I'm sure it is totally unbiased and accurate, and not intended to rile up the far-right base in any possible way.

• Winner
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, and it's not usually a successful in response to it in the long run. Nonviolence has had better results with racism, as people like King and Gandhi have showed us.

One would have to reconise one has a problem in the first place... no?

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Usually the problem is quite evident.

Unless it is politically expedient, and the politicians want that group targeted. It has happened to persons of color, and Japanese in the past. What was a black man supposed to do if a group of whites beat him up in the street 1950's-ish? Call the cops? Protest? March in the streets?

When the government is set up in such a way that condones racial inequality towards a certain group; there is almost nothing that targeted group can do to free themselves. It takes awareness, and effort from outside groups.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
20 plus times an hour on average - once every 3 seconds two media stations called the President a racist.

CNN, MSNBC say 'racist' more than 1,100 times regarding Trump 'go back' tweet since Sunday

CNN and MSNBC have said the word "racist" more than 1,100 times since Sunday, according to a tally conducted by Grabien Media, an online media production and news prep service.
The date of the article is July 16.

Sounds like brain washing. That is just CNN and MSNBC.
Seems typical that the right-leaning The Hill worries about how many times the word "racist" is used rather than the truthfulness of the use of it and the reason it is used.

The reason it was used so much is because of Trump himself. What did he tweet?
"So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......

....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....

....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!"
He said these things about 4 women of color who are US citizens. One was born elsewhere but came as a child and is a naturalized citizen. It was racist and whining about how many times the word "racist" was used is ridiculous.

It was also used that many times because the House voted to condemn Trump's racist comments:

House votes to condemn Trump's 'racist comments'

The Democrat-controlled House of Representatives passed a resolution on Tuesday night condemning President Donald Trump for his "racist comments" about four Democratic congresswomen of color.....

The four Republicans who voted for the resolution, which "strongly condemns President Donald Trump's racist comments that have legitimized and increased fear and hatred of new Americans and people of color," were Will Hurd of Texas, Fred Upton of Michigan, Susan Brooks of Indiana and Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania.

"There is no room in America for racism, sexism, antisemitism, xenophobia and hate. I voted to condemn the President's tweets today but I hope that Speaker Pelosi also considers holding members of her own party accountable to the same degree to which she holds the President," Hurd tweeted.

Rep. Justin Amash of Michigan, who announced his departure from the Republican Party earlier this month, also voted for the resolution.

"These comments from the White House are disgraceful and disgusting, and the comments are racist," Pelosi. D-Calif., said as she introduced the resolution to condemn Trump's incendiary remarks.​

That got in the news, too. CNN and MSNBC report the news - Trump says or tweets racist things, it will get reported. If he would stop with the racist comments, tweets or behaviors, then the use of the word would decrease dramatically.

But he won't.

Trump Goads Crowd Into Racist “Send Her Back” Chant

Donald Trump on Wednesday escalated his racist attacks on the progressive lawmakers he’s spent days taunting to leave the country, singling out Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar at a North Carolina rally with an extended rant that culminated with his supporters chanting: “Send her back! Send her back!”

Republicans have spent days performing complex verbal gymnastics to explain why Trump’s repeated calls for progressive congresswomen to “go back” to the “crime infested places from which they came” aren’t racist. At Wednesday evening’s raucous campaign event in North Carolina, however, he again pulled the rug out from under them, tearing into Omar with an extended monologue that portrayed her as an anti-semitic terrorist sympathizer who “looks down with contempt on the hardworking Americans.” His supporters ate it up, booing the Minnesota lawmaker, who’s one of the first two Muslim women to serve in the House of Representatives, and who was elected her last year with 78% of the vote. Trump paused as the crowd broke into its baldly racist chant, relishing the call-and-response, before suggesting that “there’s many other things” wrong with Omar. “All you have to do is press the right button on your beautiful screens,” he said.
As long as he goads racist comments, and his supporters like those at that rally chant in such a racist way, it will get reported as racist.

It will backfire on him.

Suburban women recoil as Trump dives into racial politics

Many professional, suburban women — a critical voting bloc in the 2020 election — recoil at the abrasive, divisive rhetoric, exposing the president to a potential wave of opposition in key battlegrounds across the country.

In more than three dozen interviews by The Associated Press with women in critical suburbs, nearly all expressed dismay — or worse — at Trump’s racially polarizing insults and what was often described as unpresidential treatment of people. Even some who gave Trump credit for the economy or backed his crackdown on immigration acknowledged they were troubled or uncomfortable lining up behind the president.

The interviews in suburbs outside Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Detroit and Denver are a warning light for the Republican president’s reelection campaign. Trump did not win a majority of female voters in 2016, but he won enough — notably winning white women by a roughly 10 percentage-point margin, according to the American National Election Studies survey — to help him eke out victories across the Rust Belt and take the White House.

So the moral of the story is: If you don't want the news to use the word 'racist' in regards to Trump, then he needs to stop with the racist rhetoric and encouraging it from his supporters.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Donald Trump:

- Dated a mixed race lady

- Deported an ex Nazi for war crimes

- Upgraded Martin Luther Kings birthplace to National historic Park

- Pardoned Jack Johnson

- Has a Jewish daughter, son in law and grand children

- Recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capitol

- Moved the Embassy to Jerusalem

- Reversed the Clinton crime bill – setting numbers of minorities free

- Loaned his personal jet to Nelson Mandela

- Denounced David Duke two decades ago and over 25 times since election

- Denounced White Supremacy continuously.

- Received a lifetime achievement award for paving a way for blacks to enter corporate America

- Bought Mar a Lago – eliminating the racist requirements for membership

- Recommended the death penalty for a white supremacist

- Fighting for the release of a black man in Europe

- Signed a major criminal reform bill

- Oversees the economy that has produced the lowest unemployment rate for black and Hispanics in decades.

And the left wants us to believe his comments on the condition of a city - not mentioning race - is in fact racist.

If he is racist - he is doing a really bad job of it.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Daisy, actually , every 3 seconds comes to 1200 times an hour. 3 seconds is 20 times per minute * 60 minutes.
^_^ Serves me right for making fun of his arithmetic ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Donald Trump:

- Pardoned Jack Johnson

- Received a lifetime achievement award for paving a way for blacks to enter corporate America

- Oversees the economy that has produced the lowest unemployment rate for black and Hispanics in decades.
Mixed bag.

And the left wants us to believe his comments on the condition of a city - not mentioning race - is in fact racist.
Dog whistle.

He's doing a pretty fair job of bigotry and racism, but it is not unmitigated. Having white supremacists as part of his administration is pretty rad. He constantly denigrates non-white peoples, even if he says he supposes that some of "them" are good people. He foments division and disunity of this country.

• Winner
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He foments division and disunity of this country.

So does the media by calling him a racist 1,100 times in two days (just two of them),for comments that had no mention of race in them.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So does the media by calling him a racist 1,100 times in two days (just two of them),for comments that had no mention of race in them.
You can turn off the tv if you don't like what they're saying.

Can't do the same with the president. There is no off switch to his hatred and division.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure, pointing out that what the President of the United States said is racist is racist...:rolleyes: Do you think that ignoring it would bring unity?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Donald Trump:

- Pardoned Jack Johnson

As Daisy said, mixed bag.
For instance, he had to eliminate the racist requirements for membership at Mar-lago.
https://splinternews.com/donald-trump-keeps-saying-that-his-mar-a-lago-club-is-p-1793862259

Left out of Trump's victory lap for racial justice: it's illegal in Florida for a club like Mar-a-Lago, a private club with more than 400 members that also hosts public events and functions for non-members, to discriminate against "any individual because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, handicap, age above the age of 21, or marital status."

Trump, in other words, is "very, very proud" of himself for following a pretty basic anti-discrimination law.
He is also, through border agents, mistreating thousands of immigrants, many who came seeking asylum so are not illegal. He continues to ignore a judge and they are still separating children from parents.
He still calls for the death penalty for the Central Park five who were exonerated. He makes racists remarks about people of color who he sees as adversaries.

Trump also waffled on David Duke:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/8/13/16140504/trump-charlottesville-white-supremacists

Here’s the exchange, which is really worth reading in full to see just how evasive Trump is when asked to, out of all things, condemn a KKK grand wizard:

TAPPER: I want to ask you about the Anti-Defamation League, which this week called on you to publicly condemn unequivocally the racism of former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke, who recently said that voting against you at this point would be treason to your heritage. Will you unequivocally condemn David Duke and say that you don’t want his vote or that of other white supremacists in this election?

TRUMP: Well, just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke, okay? I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So I don’t know. I mean, I don’t know. Did he endorse me? Or what’s going on? Because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. So you’re asking me a question that I’m supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about.

TAPPER: I guess the question from the Anti-Defamation League is even if you don’t know about their endorsement, there are these groups and individuals endorsing you. Would you just say unequivocally you condemn them and you don’t want their support?

TRUMP: Well, I have to look at the group. I mean, I don't know what group you’re talking about. You wouldn’t want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about. I’d have to look. If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them and certainly I would disavow if I thought there was something wrong. You may have groups in there that are totally fine — and it would be very unfair. So give me a list of the groups and I’ll let you know.

TAPPER: Okay. I’m just talking about David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan here, but—

TRUMP: Honestly, I don't know David Duke. I don't believe I've ever met him. I’m pretty sure I didn't meet him. And I just don’t know anything about him.

For the record, Trump had, in the past, known plenty about David Duke. When Trump declined to run for president in 2000 as a member of the Reform Party, he said that he didn’t want to be associated with Duke, who had supported Pat Buchanan’s nomination for the Reform Party. Trump at the time called Duke “a bigot, a racist, a problem.” This only seemed to change once he began running for president in 2015.​

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
But the comments were racist. White Supremacists loved them.

The ADL pointed this out about a response to his comments about the squad:

Neo-Nazi Andrew Anglin was apparently thrilled by the tweets, posting on his popular Daily Stormer website: “Man, President Trump’s Twitter account has been pure fire lately. This might be the funniest thing he’s ever tweeted. This is the kind of WHITE NATIONALISM we elected him for. And we’re obviously seeing it only because there’s another election coming up. But I’ll tell you, even knowing that, it still feels so good.”​

Wow - "This is the kind of WHITE NATIONALISM we elected him for."
I would link to the ADL site but there is some profanity in other tweets.

Upvote 0