Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I sold all my consoles a year or so ago because I gain much more satisfaction from sitting at the miniature painting table for a coupe hours at a time. But when I was a serious gamer, I was a PlayStation kinda guy, for sure. The games I loved most were "Bioshock", "Bioshock 2", the "Soul Calibur" series, and "Until Dawn".

The Bioshock games because they had a really interesting and deep message, the second one portrayed a positive father/daughter relationship (something you never see anymore in most any media), and that underwater city setting was genuinely creepy with a legit horror movie atmosphere, and the suspense they built up was excellent. The action was great as well--it wasn't a typical FPS, and I liked that, because to me most FPS games are interchangeable. Well, OK, I liked "Prey" as well for that latter reason--the Nightmare made me run away screaming every time that thing popped up!

"Soul Calibur" was a fascinating franchise for me because of how the characters grew and evolved over the course of the series, above all. The style of it, the mood and visuals, is striking and unique. The addition of pop culture characters like Darth Vader and Yoda was superfluous to me, really. I also really enjoyed the overall game play, and being able to create your own characters was always fun as well.

"Until Dawn" is a great horror survival game with superb graphics and strong voice acting--Rami Malek is especially notable in that realm. As I'm fascinated with cryptids, the elements involving the Canadian Indian Wendigo creature/spirit were interesting as to how they were incorporated, and the constant fast paced mini-games that happened throughout the game with tiny margins for error kept me on my toes. The fact that those influence the game's events in general as well as the ending was another fun element of it for me.

How about y'all?