victoria
✟30,432.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
"A trucker convoy of “patriots” is heading to the U.S. border with Mexico next week, as the standoff between Texas and the federal government intensifies."

The invasion of the US is being challenged. Many states also have sent help to Texas. Is this a good thing or bad thing? I would think that controlling who enters your house is a good thing. This does seem dangerous, however, since the Feds do not seem willing to back down. Civil war?

Last edited:

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe we should elect truckers into office up in DC? They seem willing to do something about our problems in America instead of playing politics for years on end.

There is nothing civil about war. It shouldn't be trivialized. Even though some media seems to trivialize civil war. Please let us refrain from it here.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe we should elect truckers into office up in DC?

I'm not voting for anybody who says this about an immigration problem:

This is a biblical, monumental moment that’s been put together by God,” one convoy organizer said on a recent planning call. “We are besieged on all sides by dark forces of evil,” said another. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God. It is time for the remnant to rise.”

They seem willing to do something about our problems in America instead of playing politics for years on end.

How does staging a convoy fueled by nutty religious conspiracy theories constitute "doing something"?

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,432.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe we should elect truckers into office up in DC? They seem willing to do something about our problems in America instead of playing politics for years on end.

There is nothing civil about war. It shouldn't be trivialized. Even though some media seems to trivialize civil war. Please let us refrain from it here.
How would recognizing a danger be trivializing anything? We have many states defying the Feds (or the other way round if we look at it like that) Of course it may not be civil war. However, it is a pretty big deal, and shows that many states and people in the US (and elsewhere) are tired of what seems like almost traitors who hate them running things.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,432.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
How does staging a convoy fueled by nutty religious conspiracy theories constitute "doing something"?
? They represent a large segment of opinion. You also did not mention Texas and the 30 or whatever states helping it. Are they all nutty religious conspiracy weirdos too?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"A trucker convoy of “patriots” is heading to the U.S. border with Mexico next week, as the standoff between Texas and the federal government intensifies."

The invasion of the US is being challenged. Many states also have sent help to Texas. Is this a good thing or bad thing? I would think that controlling who enters your house is a good thing. This does seem dangerous, however, since the Feds do not seem willing to back down. Civil war?

First of all, there's a ton of lies going around on the convoy. First, it's only just left Virginia today - this is where they started driving is Virginia and they started driving today.

This convoy is itself the protest, which is the right of every American to do. Protest.

The organiser of this protest worked for the government doing government contracts related to the problems with migrants in border states. This is his background, which has nothing to do with the protest itself other than him wanting to call attention to the tremendous strain on the towns heavily impacted by migrants. He saw the strain first hand when working for the government.

This is to draw attention to the issue, as well as notifying the government via peaceful protest that we need this to stop for real people's sake.

They are driving via a preplanned route from Virginia to Texas, and stopping in Texas first at an orphanage heavily impacted by the migrant problem, and having a rally centered first around prayer for the nation, then to protest the overwhelming numbers of migrants being allowed in.

This entire rally is a peaceful one that will make a total of three stops to pray and protest, and the closest they will ever be to the border is 50 miles.

No one is going to be taking the law into their own hands, it's a very law abiding group from all I have heard. Dude is former Green Beret, I think he respects the law.. and he's just wanting to bring attention to a problem and pray.

That's never hurt anything before.

If you need me to sit around and debunk lies I can with proof if you like. Just ask. People just want to stir stuff up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
? They represent a large segment of opinion.

I didn't say their opinions were unpopular.

You also did not mention Texas and the 30 or whatever states helping it.

Why would I mention them when your article didn't say anything about 30 states helping them? The closest it gets is saying that the organizers have been in contact with law enforcement along the protest route.

Are they all nutty religious conspiracy weirdos too?
Quite possibly.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,432.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
First of all, there's a ton of lies going around on the convoy. First, it's only Just left Virginia today, and this is where they started driving us Virginia.
So? They are going to Texas and the border area, no?
This convoy is itself the protest, which is the right of every American to do.
Right. Theoretically.
The organiser of this protest worked for the government doing government contracts related to the problems with migrants in border states. This is his background, which has nothing to do with the protest itself other than him wanting to call attention to the tremendous strain on the towns heavily impacted by migrants.
I think the strain is in more than the towns you cite.
This is to draw attention to the issue, as well as notifying the government via peaceful protest that this has to stop for real people's sake.

They are driving via a preplanned route from Virginia to Texas, and stopping in Texas at an orphanage heavily impacted by the migrant problem, and having a rally centered first around prayer for the nation.

This entire rally is a peaceful one who will make three stops to pray and protest, the closest they will ever be to the border is 50 miles.
Right. The one in Canada was peaceful also. It did kick up a stir though.
No one is going to be taking the law into their own hands, it's a very law abiding group from all I have heard. Dude is former Green Beret.. I think he respects the law there, and he's just wanting to bring attention to a problem and pray.
Great. But many states did send and voice support for the wire fences being set up by Texas so that is not doing what the court (supreme) ordered is it?
That's never hurt anything before.

If you need me to sit around and debunk lies I can with proof if you like. People just want to stir stuff up.
? What lies? There protest and the fences going up reflect a broad undercurrent of opinion. What is being lied about by whom exactly?

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How would recognizing a danger be trivializing anything? We have many states defying the Feds (or the other way round if we look at it like that) Of course it may not be civil war. However, it is a pretty big deal, and shows that many states and people in the US (and elsewhere) are tired of what seems like almost traitors who hate them running things.

It is a very big deal when the leading presidential candidate for one party is trying to manipulate elected leaders to tank negotiations to benefit his own personal aspirations! And it leads people to cry for civil war. Traitor might be the correct word for the guy. He is not recognizing the danger, Donald Trump is the danger. Along with his subservient sycophants in congress.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,432.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I didn't say their opinions were unpopular.

Why would I mention them when your article didn't say anything about 30 states helping them? The closest it gets is saying that the organizers have been in contact with law enforcement along the protest route.

Quite possibly.
The OP mentioned more than one thing. The idea is that the open immigration is not viewed as acceptable by many folks. It also asked about how when many states and the Feds disagree by sending armed forces, if that was not a potential danger.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,432.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is a very big deal when the leading presidential candidate for one party is trying to manipulate elected leaders to tank negotiations to benefit his own personal aspirations! And it leads people to cry for civil war. Traitor might be the correct word for the guy. He is not recognizing the danger, Donald Trump is the danger. Along with his subservient sycophants in congress.
So no one should question the unvetted invasion of the US? Those who do are 'sycophants? I suppose that is one opinion.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not voting for anybody who says this about an immigration problem:

This is a biblical, monumental moment that’s been put together by God,” one convoy organizer said on a recent planning call. “We are besieged on all sides by dark forces of evil,” said another. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God. It is time for the remnant to rise.”

To be fair, I did say 'Maybe we should elect truckers..."

They are doing something by bringing awareness to our government's inability and unwillingness to act to mitigate our immigration issues. It helps voters understand how our lackadaisical politicians continue to grandstand on the issue without doing anything about it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The OP mentioned more than one thing. The idea is that the open immigration is not viewed as acceptable by many folks. It also asked about how when many states and the Feds disagree by sending armed forces, if that was not a potential danger.

Your OP said that they "sent help," without describing that help in any way. I have no idea what "help" you're talking about.

To be fair, I did say 'Maybe we should elect truckers..."

I know. That's why I made the comment about not voting for them.

They are doing something by bringing awareness to our government's inability and unwillingness to act to mitigate our immigration issues. It helps voters understand how our lackadaisical politicians continue to grandstand on the issue without doing anything about it.
Given how much attention the border situation has gotten over the last several years, I'm pretty skeptical that they're "bringing awareness" of anything to anybody rather than preaching to the choir, with maybe some fundraising grift attached for good measure.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So? They are going to Texas and the border area, no?

50 miles away. That's not on the border, it's solidly in the US.

Right. Theoretically.

I think the strain is in more than the towns you cite.

I didn't specify any towns. So there's that.

The places the organizers picked to stop are all "this is coming to a town near you" spots, I imagine.

Right. The one in Canada was peaceful also. It did kick up a stir though.

The one in Canada had no end I don't believe. Their objective was to protest until the government changed their ways wasn't it?

This protest we are talking about with the border crisis is a 3 day (or maybe a 4 day) event including the drive and then it's over.

It's not there to force anyone to do anything, it's just a protest.

Great. But many states did send and voice support for the wire fences being set up by Texas so that is not doing what the court (supreme) ordered is it?

Yes.

? What lies? There protest and the fences going up reflect a broad undercurrent of opinion. What is being lied about by whom exactly?

I'm talking about the people equating this protest with a bunch of terrorists. They are not. They are just people protesting a wrong.

There is a broad dislike for completely open borders like this, yes. It's bad for everyone.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So no one should question the unvetted invasion of the US? Those who do are 'sycophants? I suppose that is one opinion.

Dude, I have watched the inaction from government since the last significant immigration bill passed in 1986. These people would have done more for America if they wanted to. Voters do not motivate them at the ballot box so we continue to watch the problems exacerbate. Maybe the truckers can make people reason this thing out before Americans begin in eagerness to fire bullets at one another. It upsets me when people even mention that nonsense. No, civil war is probably the very last thing we need in America presently.

Yes, many of those in our government are sycophants. Even in office, they are not underlings for the executive. The executive leader is not their boss. He simply leads an equal branch of government like they do. And when a loudmouth in the public yells at them to control their actions, responsible elected officials ignore the loudmouth. The legislators do not and have never reported to Mr Trump as their boss. They merely act submissive intentionally...thus they are apparently sycophants.

A great time to question the "invasion" of immigrants is on election day my friend. If folks would be willing to set down their tribalism for ten minutes while voting, we might could elect leaders willing to tackle our real problems in America. We may have to find our entertainment elsewhere, but it's how things are meant to be. Politics is not entertainment and shouldn't be considered as such. There's plenty of seasons of the apprentice to binge for those who need entertainment. Leave Politics to serious people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

Army of God? LOL.

Do people actually fall for this stupidity?

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,432.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Your OP said that they "sent help," without describing that help in any way. I have no idea what "help" you're talking about.
No problem. I heard that some had sent national guard and that others might do the same.
Given how much attention the border situation has gotten over the last several years, I'm pretty skeptical that they're "bringing awareness" of anything to anybody rather than preaching to the choir, with maybe some fundraising grift attached for good measure.
OK. I guess let's hope you are right and it doesn't get serious

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,432.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
50 miles away. That's not on the border, it's solidly in the US.
OK so we can call it not near the border according to you.
I didn't specify any towns. So there's that.
Border towns I think you mentioned. So there's that
The places the organizers picked to stop are all "this is coming to a town near you" spots, I imagine.
So? Did you want them to avoid notice?
The one in Canada had no end I don't believe.
It did expose the PM as a tyrant. Looks like he went downhill after that in public esteem as far as I can tell
Their objective was to protest until the government changed their ways wasn't it?

This protest we are talking about with the border crisis is a 3 day (or maybe a 4 day) event including the drive and then it's over.
Right, and it comes at the same time as nation guards being used to oppose the feds. It seems be connected in the way that many folks are fed up with the invasion. No?
It's not there to force anyone to do anything, it's just a protest.
The wire being erected is self defense from an invasion, they say. The trucker protest is just another outcrop of public opinion on the matter it seems to me
I'm talking about the people equating this protest with a bunch of terrorists. They are not.
I see them as concerned citizens fed up with being invaded and etc.
They are just people protesting a wrong.
Great. And Texas as the OP mentioned was using the armed forces to try to stop a wrong.
There is a broad dislike for completely open borders like this, yes. It's bad for everyone.
I agree. Ridiculous.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,432.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Dude, I have watched the inaction from government since the last significant immigration bill passed in 1986. These people would have done more for America if they wanted to. Voters do not motivate them at the ballot box so we continue to watch the problems exacerbate. Maybe the truckers can make people reason this thing out before Americans begin in eagerness to fire bullets at one another. It upsets me when people even mention that nonsense. No, civil war is probably the very last thing we need in America presently.
Right, but somehow in the US and elsewhere people do feel a need to flush soon due to the smell
Yes, many of those in our government are sycophants. Even in office, they are not underlings for the executive. The executive leader is not their boss. He simply leads an equal branch of government like they do. And when a loudmouth in the public yells at them to control their actions, responsible elected officials ignore the loudmouth. The legislators do not and have never reported to Mr Trump as their boss. They merely act submissive intentionally...thus they are apparently sycophants.

A great time to question the "invasion" of immigrants is on election day my friend.
How would we know that is mail ballots from the twilight zone determine the election?
If folks would be willing to set down their tribalism for ten minutes while voting, we might could elect leaders willing to tackle our real problems in America.
You have a idealistic opinion on elections in my opinion. That brings to mind the question 'who gives Biden his lines that he can sometimes manage to read'?
We may have to find our entertainment elsewhere, but it's how things are meant to be.
People apparently do not feel being invaded is entertainment.
Politics is not entertainment and shouldn't be considered as such. There's plenty of seasons of the apprentice to binge for those who need entertainment. Leave Politics to serious people.
So the party of death (abortions, war etc) is who they should leave the field to? All because a former president was on tv?

Upvote 0