Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't disagree with you. But, for the younger ones to condemn the mature is indeed unScriptural. And, that was the point I was trying to make.

It is for God to determine who is mature and who is not, and God alone. And He will make them stand. (Rom 14:4)
?.. Isnt that just shifting the issue to the topic of respecting elders.
It is basic christian precept that we should be always seeking to know and walk in the will of God. The very act of repentance is based on that.imo one needs no spiritual maturity to understand that to believe in and follow the lord Jesus we should be looking to him to see where he leads. Thats not spiritual meat..its babymilk.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't disagree with you. But, for the younger ones to condemn the mature is indeed unScriptural. And, that was the point I was trying to make.

It is for God to determine who is mature and who is not, and God alone. And He will make them stand. (Rom 14:4)

The Church must also make determinations about maturity, because that's how elders and deacons are selected.

Upvote 0

StephanieSomer

Mar 16, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
✟12,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
?.. Isnt that just shifting the issue to the topic of respecting elders.
It is basic christian precept that we should be always seeking to know and walk in the will of God. The very act of repentance is based on that.imo one needs no spiritual maturity to understand that to believe in and follow the lord Jesus we should be looking to him to see where he leads. Thats not spiritual meat..its babymilk.

Romans 14 is not talking about respecting elders. So, no, I'm not shifting the topic. Same topic.

Upvote 0