Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
wow, I'm wondering what happened to the woman she was calling about to help that she thought was getting attacked in the alley. It shows she called twice to 911, 8 minutes apart because the situation had escalated to "screaming" sounds.

With all the horror and confusion of them shooting Justine Damond, we have no idea what happened to the woman possibly being assaulted either.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The article says the area is well-lit

The scene
The ABC's Ben Knight was in Minneapolis and described the alley: "You can see there are street lights in there."

"There are lights in the garages that come on automatically whenever there is motion.

"This is a very well-lit area, this is a very safe area."

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Regardless of what more info may reveal, accidental or intentional, it's horrifying to imagine being a good neighbor and calling the police for help, shuffling up to their car in your pajamas, and being shot dead.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There's now a report that the woman "banged" the police car before being shot.

170724110210-twin-cities-police-easily-startled-sign-exlarge-169.jpg

Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Banged? Did she slip and accidentally touch the car? How spooked were these cops? They're supposed to be professionals.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
CNN is saying they think it was a slap

"A recently revealed search warrant may explain the source of that startling sound: a slap."

At most this would have been a small sound to get attention to show she was there - hardly a loud startling sound to get out the gun I wouldn't think. Still bizarre story.

I'm confused why this came out after they got a "search warrant" and searched the area. How would they be able to tell a slap??

"Upon police arrival, a female 'slaps' the back of the patrol squad," the search warrant states, according to Minneapolis Public Radio. "After that, it is unknown to BCA agents what exactly happened, but the female became deceased in the alley."

Um...

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Minneapolis police chief resigns in wake of fatal shooting

"Mayor Betsy Hodges said she asked Harteau to resign because "I've lost confidence in the chief's ability to lead us further -- and from the many conversations I've had with people around our city, especially this week, it is clear that she has lost the confidence of the people of Minneapolis as well."

I guess the major is trying to show she is doing something by getting rid of the police chief, although she wasn't the one in the car.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Wow, just realized that is a real sign someone put up in that town lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Wow, just realized that is a real sign someone put up in that town lol

If it is, then GOOD.

The human citizens need a warning against them. I certainly would want that warning as a tourist to the States. Let me know which cities have trigger-happy cops that will get off for killing someone who called them to report a crime.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

"Mayor Betsy Hodges said she asked Harteau to resign because "I've lost confidence in the chief's ability to lead us further -- and from the many conversations I've had with people around our city, especially this week, it is clear that she has lost the confidence of the people of Minneapolis as well."

I guess the major is trying to show she is doing something by getting rid of the police chief, although she wasn't the one in the car.

Harteau had the support from no one in the Twin Cities. The mayor (of Minneapolis) did not think that she was doing enough to support her agenda, the police union thought that she was doing little to protect the interests of police officers, Black Lives Matters thought that her department was racist, opponents of Black Lives Matters thought that it was ridiculous how little police did to stop their illegal protests which frequently blocked interstates. While people on various sides would cite different incidents to criticize her, it was pretty universally thought that under her leadership police were useless in actually helping anyone out.

Her resignation would have been welcomed before this incident, but after this current incident there was really no way that she could have stayed.

• Informative
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
CNN is saying they think it was a slap

"A recently revealed search warrant may explain the source of that startling sound: a slap."

At most this would have been a small sound to get attention to show she was there - hardly a loud startling sound to get out the gun I wouldn't think. Still bizarre story.

I'm confused why this came out after they got a "search warrant" and searched the area. How would they be able to tell a slap??

"Upon police arrival, a female 'slaps' the back of the patrol squad," the search warrant states, according to Minneapolis Public Radio. "After that, it is unknown to BCA agents what exactly happened, but the female became deceased in the alley."

Um...

It is the same reason why they show every single unflattering facebook photo, and bring up grade school fights concerning the unarmed men who were killed by the cops and civilians - some on camera.

It is to dehumanize this entire culture of killing people on camera, and without a real excuse, so that the people who already have prejudices will justify the action, and the people on the fence will lean toward one way or another. It is apart of a dialectic that has been prevalent as of late: after the fact, make the victim look like a threat as much as possible to justify the atrocity against them.

It is textbook psychological warfare. People buy into it, because emotions are the most easily manipulated chemical process in the human body (besides direct alteration like consumption or injection.) And, it requires NO MONEY - you can manipulate someone to your will for free by exploiting prejudices, fears, and ignorance.

This OP topic/context will be a bigger deal when more people are killed who didnt believe they would ever be touched - because "they arent breaking any rules..." The problem is that civilians dont make the rules.

• Agree
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

How does that make you feel, as an adult, to have someone in such an elected position actually try to - through smokes and mirrors (i.e. political moves) - convince you of something you know is wrong?

It should be a slap in the face.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How does that make you feel, as an adult, to have someone in such an elected position actually try to - through smokes and mirrors (i.e. political moves) - convince you of something you know is wrong?

I think she's offering up the police chief as an scape goat in this case to try and win brownie points from the public saying, "see, this is what I did about this.."

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think she's offering up the police chief as an escape goat in this case to try and win brownie points from the public saying, "see, this is what I did about this.."

I actually think it sounds like it should be the first step of many to change the police force, their policies and possibly their training. At least that is what I hope will happen

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I actually think it sounds like it should be the first step of many to change the police force, their policies and possibly their training. At least that is what I hope will happen

Even if it is disingenuous, it is a start. It should start from the top down.

Upvote 0