Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Looks like crow is on the menu today, some of us get a pass though, speaking of could you pass the chicken please, I like it fried and crispy. So I am curious how this agreement might effect buying say...cheap but high quality identical or nearly identical Chinese "knock off" products?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So I am curious how this agreement might effect buying say...cheap but high quality identical or nearly identical Chinese "knock off" products?
The knockoff products that I have seen coming from China don't compare with what's made in the United States or Germany Etc. A lot of people it seems don't mind less quality if they can get it for cheaper.

I would rather pay more for something that lasts. All my life I bought mostly Craftsman tools. But, I guess now a tool that won't last for 50 years will more than do me.

M-Bob

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The knockoff products that I have seen coming from China don't compare with what's made in the United States or Germany Etc. A lot of people it seems don't mind less quality if they can get it for cheaper.

I would rather pay more for something that lasts. All my life I bought mostly Craftsman tools. But, I guess now a tool that won't last for 50 years will more than do me.

M-Bob

I find the quality varies from product to product, there are instances where a cheap knockoff actually improves upon the original. This may sound silly, but I grew up with cartoons like the Transformers (G1) and had an assortment from the toy line as a child. Nowadays my five year old is really into the Transformers toys, and well his interest kind of brought out the inner kid in me, and awhile back I learned about a line from Hasbro intended for adult collector's, mega nerds with lots of cash, because nearly every original one in the Masterpiece (MP) line retailed for more than $100 USD each. Now a poor nerd like me could never afford such an expensive hobby, however I learned about some of the much more affordable Chinese knock offs, and after going through many Youtube reviews, came to the conclusion that with certain models, the knock offs actually improved up the original and go for 1/3 or less of the price of the original. This is wonderful for lower income people with interest in the Masterpiece line which out of all the lines of Transformers toys created, resembles the original cartoons the most. Sorry to reveal I come from a younger and dumber generation wasting money on needless plastic junk, I hope my son will be able to appreciate them when he gets older and they are passed on to him though. My son loves tools though too, from the time he started watching my dad work with them. He uses one of my old tool belts for his plastic tools. I'm not too picky about tools, whatever gets the job done, though not a fan of rusty tools, or metals that easily rust, it's like cancer, though as we can observe many tools have outlived their owners, rust and all!

Upvote 0