US Ambassador stalked and surveilled by Guiliani associate and Republican Congressional candidate

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
By definition, a quid pro quo is a quid pro quo. I am happy with record unemployment, especially among minorities. So sorry the last 3 years have made you so miserable. Have a great day.

Blackmail and bribery are quid pro quo's also. Since this has been pointed out several times, your comments leave the impression you are being obtuse or disingenuous. I hope this is not the case.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This thread is about the surveillance of our ambassador to the Ukraine.
Here is some of the evidence from Lev Parnas communicating with Republican candidate Robert Hyde about Hyde's people watching her movements:

1-1.jpg

22.jpg

4.jpg

The FBI supposedly paid him a visit over this.

Edit; nevermind I see this info was already posted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The now famous dossier was faked.... I can easily photo shop the above. And "broski?" Really? :)

Listen... you have a passionate dislike for Trump and conservative thought. I don't care to change your mind and you won't change mine. I like my guns, my bible, the economy, people of every color and creed, the Earth, the new China deal, and a president willing to stand up and proudly defend a great country. So I will move on now... have a great day.

Except Hyde has spoken with reporters and didn't deny them.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only consolation is that it is a vocal minority who seems to accept this sort of behavior. And I'm pretty confident if the next president has a (D) after their name, they will suddenly change their mind. So hopefully this is a temporary aberration rather than part of a permanent decline.

Hi KC,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that's my hope also. That when we get back to some semblance of normalcy and respect in and for the office of the President, we can go back to the place where if people are doing wrong within the government, then a work order, or however they start those things, will be issued to the FBI or CIA or NSA to look into it. I'm just baffled though, by all of this private attorneys to protect the current leaders tax position and private attorneys to see to it that his school transcripts aren't released and private attorneys doing these kinds of 'wet' work investigations. I think we all need to consider that a private attorney's allegiance is to his paying client. There is no 'allegiance to the United States' with Giuliani and gang that we at least have with Barr and federal government investigators.

Giuliani is nothing more than a paid hired gun and just like the paid hired gun of a drug lord, his allegiance and his responsibility is to the guy that signs his check to pay for his services. Personally, I'm not ready for that kind of enforcement or investigative services within our national government.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi KC,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that's my hope also. That when we get back to some semblance of normalcy and respect in and for the office of the President, we can go back to the place where if people are doing wrong within the government, then a work order, or however they start those things, will be issued to the FBI or CIA or NSA to look into it. I'm just baffled though, by all of this private attorneys to protect the current leaders tax position and private attorneys to see to it that his school transcripts aren't released and private attorneys doing these kinds of 'wet' work investigations. I think we all need to consider that a private attorney's allegiance is to his paying client. There is no 'allegiance to the United States' with Giuliani and gang that we at least have with Barr and federal government investigators.

Giuliani is nothing more than a paid hired gun and just like the paid hired gun of a drug lord, his allegiance and his responsibility is to the guy that signs his check to pay for his services. Personally, I'm not ready for that kind of enforcement or investigative services within our national government.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Giuliani said that Trump isn't paying him, that his work is on a voluntary base. If I remember correctly if there is no exchange of money, quid pro quo, there is no attorney-client privilege either.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Giuliani said that Trump isn't paying him, that his work is on a voluntary base. If I remember correctly if there is no exchange of money, quid pro quo, there is no attorney-client privilege either.

It came out in the interview one of the donors MAY be paying for Rudy's trips. He complained about it and Let told him it was a loan and would be paid back.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It came out in the interview one of the donors MAY be paying for Rudy's trips. He complained about it and Let told him it was a loan and would be paid back.
What kind of donor? A campaign donor? An illegal campaign donor/foreign funds?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What kind of donor? A campaign donor? An illegal campaign donor/foreign funds?

I've seen claims that this appears to clearly be a campaign finance violation -- particularly if Trump is not paying Giuliani for the work he has been doing on Trump's behalf. If it is being paid for by a Trump donor it only makes it worse, since the cost of a few hours work would be well beyond the donations limits to a Presidential candidate; what Rudy has done for Trump, at standard rates for Rudy's services as a lawyer, would likely be in the millions of dollars by now.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've seen claims that this appears to clearly be a campaign finance violation -- particularly if Trump is not paying Giuliani for the work he has been doing on Trump's behalf. If it is being paid for by a Trump donor it only makes it worse, since the cost of a few hours work would be well beyond the donations limits to a Presidential candidate; what Rudy has done for Trump, at standard rates for Rudy's services as a lawyer, would likely be in the millions of dollars by now.
I agree, but it would really depend on if Giuliani was working to smear Joe Biden's candidacy. Or was he working to prove corruption in the Ukraine? ;)

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Informative
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes you have to use a first source you don't like to get basic information that you can then verify with other sources. I don't turn my nose up at even bloggers if I can verify their inf,.

The reason I say MAY have paid for it was because one of his responses was he was tired of paying for "you guys" and that sounds to me like he was funding more people than just Lev.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

If tv lawyers are any indication of reality (yeah, I know), then a $1 fee would be sufficient.

IIRC, Giuliani's ex (not his cousin; the most recent one) alleged that he took the Trump account pro bono as a means of tanking the projections of his future income so he wouldn't have to pay her as much alimony. I don't recall if that was ever determined to be true or if it made a difference in their settlement, but I thought it was funny.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That isn't the point, the point is, we stopped believing what the media says. They are "never Trumpers" who were pitching impeachment 17 minutes after the inauguration. We view everything they say and do as a means to that end. Give me video of him shooting somebody on 5th Ave and he's toast... have somebody claim he shot somebody on 5th Ave (so to speak) and I ignore it.
I'm not a democrat. For me, it was simply Trump's own words, accurately heard, in full context, that makes him unacceptable as a president, to me. The statement he could shoot someone though hyperbole....is nevertheless completely unacceptable to me as a person. I would feel the exact same way about a democrat or a libertarian who said that wording. If you yourself said it, I would tell you you had done wrong to say it, and the same with my family and friends, here.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What does that have to do with Donald abusing the power of his office to coerce a foreign leader into interfering with our elections?
It's about which narrative about the events surrounding the actions involving POTUS is the correct one. There are two narratives when condensed down, one speaks about coercion as you point out and the other speaks towards a legitimate investigation.

The topic of this thread is about "US Ambassador stalked and surveilled by Guiliani associate and Republican Congressional candidate". Donald Trump, Rudy Giuliani and Lev Parnas are persons who are being discussed. Is there coercion or is there a legitimate investigation going on?

I paraphrased a statement Glenn Beck made about a conversation he had with Rudy Giuliani about this topic. The video where everybody can hear the exact statement coming out of Glenn's mouth was included for clarification.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
"We", as a nation, haven't suddenly condoned this behavior. Trump supporters, and their media apparatus, on the other hand, have done so without missing a beat.
I'd like to think that you're right. But a substantial fraction of the American public is following. So is the Senate, and the courts are being stuffed with people with a similar orientation. It may not be a majority of Americans, but it's enough to be worrisome.

Do you think if Democrats manage to get the White House and Senate, suddenly we're going to return to normal standards (which themselves are too low, in my opinion)?

Upvote 0