US Ambassador stalked and surveilled by Guiliani associate and Republican Congressional candidate

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
On 25th July 2019, President Trump told Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky that the US ambassador Marie Yovanovitch was 'bad news' and that 'she’s going to go through some things'.

In her testimony to congress, Yovanovitch testified that Ukrainian officials had warned her that Rudy Guiliani had been in contact with a former Ukrainian prosecutor general "and that they had plans, and that they were going to, you know, do things, including to me". At the time she assumed they were talking about trying to remove her from her position.

Communications from Lev Parnas electronic devices now released under court approval now show that ambassador Yovanovitch had been under physical and electronic surveillance since last March, as Guilliani made moves against her.

The following is from Slate, I've edited out the bad language and I can't link to it for that reason. It's easily found via google if you wish to check for yourself however. I'd advice everyone to read it, as its frankly shocking:

Slate said:
The personal threat to Yovanovitch was apparently greater than previously known. Among the many stunning elements of the documents released Tuesday night were a series of breathtaking WhatsApp messages between Parnas and Robert F. Hyde, a Republican running for congress in Connecticut.

Hyde was messaging Parnas last spring about Yovanovitch. “[curse word] that [curse word],” Hyde messaged Parnas on March 22, in response to a series of articles and tweets Parnas had sent him highlighting Giuliani’s then-underway media campaign against the ambassador.

The next morning, Hyde continued: “Wow. Can’t believe Trum[p] hasn’t fired this [curse word]. I’ll get right in that.” Within a few hours, it appeared that Hyde had Yovanovitch under direct surveillance. He messaged Parnas: “She under heavy protection outside Kiev.” The exchange of articles continued, then two days later on March 25, Hyde sent Parnas a message saying, “what should I do with this?,” then “they are moving her tomorrow?,” then “The guys over they asked me what I would like to do and what is in it for them,” then “Wake up Yankees man,” and then “she talked to three people. Her phone is off. Computer is off.”

The messages about her apparent whereabouts continued throughout the day. “The address I sent you checks out,” Hyde wrote. “It’s next to the embassy,” he continued. And then, ominously: “They are willing to help if we/you would like a price.” Hyde added: “Guess you can do anything in the Ukraine with money…what I was told.” Parnas responded at this point “LOL.” The next day, the updates picked up again. Hyde told Parnas on March 26: “If you want her out they need to make contact with security forces.” The day after that, he wrote: “It’s confirmed we have a person inside.”

This is a US/Ukrainian citizen currently under indictment for violating campaign finance laws, who is a known close associate of Rudy Guiliani and who met with President Trump on at least 10 occasions (and whom the President claims not to know), conspiring with a Republican congressional candidate to surveil the phones and computer of a serving US ambassador while also having her physically followed.

Oh and as an added bonus, here's Lev Parnas (the guy everyone claims not to know) transmitting questions from The Hill's John Solomon to Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko shortly before the article smearing the ambassador was printed.
EOXaX_fWAAIlUYg

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
cg5d240dc3588b9.jpg

US Ambassador stalked and surveilled by Guiliani associate and Republican Congressional candidate

If the OP expects Trump supporters and congressional Republicans to be shocked by anything that the Trump
Administration does "that ship has already sailed!"

As this President once boasted, he could stand in the middle of shoot 5th Avenue, shoot someone and not lose any voters - that by definition is a cult!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If the OP expects Trump supporters and congressional Republicans to be shocked by anything that the Trump Administration does "that ship has already sailed!"
That isn't the point, the point is, we stopped believing what the media says. They are "never Trumpers" who were pitching impeachment 17 minutes after the inauguration. We view everything they say and do as a means to that end. Give me video of him shooting somebody on 5th Ave and he's toast... have somebody claim he shot somebody on 5th Ave (so to speak) and I ignore it.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
That isn't the point, the point is, we stopped believing what the media says. They are "never Trumpers" who were pitching impeachment 17 minutes after the inauguration. We view everything they say and do as a means to that end. Give me video of him shooting somebody on 5th Ave and he's toast... have somebody claim he shot somebody on 5th Ave (so to speak) and I ignore it.

In other words you don’t believe anything you hear unless it comes from one specific source, a source you for some reason have decided to trust absolutely. Does that not concern you a little when you stop and think about it?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi kentonio,

Personally, I'm just baffled as to when we turned the corner as a nation to allow and approve of our national leader using private attorneys to go out and do 'wet' work. We have large security and investigative departments for which we pay billions of dollars in tax monies, whose job it is, to go after wrongdoers among our elected and appointed officials.

As a nation, are we really prepared for this covert operations against others by hired guns of national leaders? Just seems like a strange and dangerous place to me.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That isn't the point, the point is, we stopped believing what the media says.

Yep, that's one of the goals of the administration's propaganda - get people to ignore reality in favor of the message of the day from dear leader.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hi kentonio,

Personally, I'm just baffled as to when we turned the corner as a nation to allow and approve of our national leader using private attorneys to go out and do 'wet' work.

The only consolation is that it is a vocal minority who seems to accept this sort of behavior. And I'm pretty confident if the next president has a (D) after their name, they will suddenly change their mind. So hopefully this is a temporary aberration rather than part of a permanent decline.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is a US/Ukrainian citizen currently under indictment for violating campaign finance laws, who is a known close associate of Rudy Guiliani and who met with President Trump on at least 10 occasions (and whom the President claims not to know), conspiring with a Republican congressional candidate to surveil the phones and computer of a serving US ambassador while also having her physically followed.

Oh and as an added bonus, here's Lev Parnas (the guy everyone claims not to know)
Glenn Beck gave some interesting commentary about Rudy Giuliani and Parnas. When Glenn asked Rudy about his involvement with Parnas, the response given by Rudy in Glenn's words was something along the line of 'I'm the guy who broke up the Gambino crime family, don't you think we were working with shady characters (a type of person everyone would want to distance themself from knowing) to break up the mob?'

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Glenn Beck gave some interesting commentary about Rudy Giuliani and Parnas. When Glenn asked Rudy about his involvement with Parnas, the response given by Rudy in Glenn's words was something along the line of 'I'm the guy who broke up the Gambino crime family, don't you think we were working with shady characters (a type of person everyone would want to distance themself from knowing) to break up the mob?'

What does that have to do with Donald abusing the power of his office to coerce a foreign leader into interfering with our elections?

Upvote 0

camille70

Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟597,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In the interview last night Lev Parnas said Hyde was drunk and not serious. I don't know if that's true or if he wants to avoid conspiracy to commit murder or kidnapping charges. Rachel pointed out the texts took place over a week, he said Hyde would have been drunk the entire week.

BTW our State Dept has been silent on this matter, but the Ukraine has announced they are going to investigate it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,460.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The news media is called 'the fourth estate' for a reason. It is the final check and balance envisioned by our founding fathers.

When the other checks and balances have been compromised, the independent press is the only way we can insure that our ship of state can be righted again.

And our checks and balances have been compromised. It is obvious in the Senate, where McConnell is trying to make a mockery of the impeachment trial by preventing witnesses from testifying.

It is also obvious in the Supreme Court, at least according to Justice Sotomayor. in a 9/15 WAPO article (darn firewall, ugh.)

Thank God for our media. I am listening to the Rachel Maddow interview right now.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

camille70

Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟597,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The news media is called 'the fourth estate' for a reason. It is the final check and balance envisioned by our founding fathers.

When the other checks and balances have been compromised, the independent press is the only way we can insure that our ship of state can be righted again.

And our checks and balances have been compromised. It is obvious in the Senate, where McConnell is trying to make a mockery of the impeachment trial by preventing witnesses from testifying.

It is also obvious in the Supreme Court, at least according to Justice Sotomayor. in a 9/15 WAPO article (darn firewall, ugh.)

Thank God for our media. I am listening to the Rachel Maddow interview right now.

I don't know how your're listening to it, but she and Lawrence have this extended handover thing they do where they (usually) briefly discuss something from her show or coming up on his. Last night it took up the first 10 minutes of his show continuing the discussion. So you may or may not need the first 10 min of his show if you want to hear all the commentary. Part two will air tonight.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Perhaps ironically, Ukraine has opened a criminal investigation into this. This is what happens when there is evidence of a potential crime.

Ukrainian officials announced on Thursday that a criminal investigation would be launched into the alleged threats against former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch.

Ukraine’s Ministry of Internal Affairs said on Twitter that Kyiv's policy is not to "interfere in the domestic affairs" of the U.S., but new evidence suggests Ukrainian or international law may have been broken, according to a translation from ABC News.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist

The point is that Trump supporters have been ignoring obvious reality for several years now and blaming their decision on the media.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist
Hi kentonio,

Personally, I'm just baffled as to when we turned the corner as a nation to allow and approve of our national leader using private attorneys to go out and do 'wet' work. We have large security and investigative departments for which we pay billions of dollars in tax monies, whose job it is, to go after wrongdoers among our elected and appointed officials.

As a nation, are we really prepared for this covert operations against others by hired guns of national leaders? Just seems like a strange and dangerous place to me.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

I don't understand the confusion.

It had been previously uniformly agreed upon that this type of thing was, at best, frowned upon. However, Trump being caught engaging in this activity automatically normalizes it for his supporters. Every time he sinks to a new low, his supporters re-adjust the bar without blinking an eye.

"We", as a nation, haven't suddenly condoned this behavior. Trump supporters, and their media apparatus, on the other hand, have done so without missing a beat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In other words you don’t believe anything you hear unless it comes from one specific source, a source you for some reason have decided to trust absolutely. Does that not concern you a little when you stop and think about it?
I didn't say I only take in one source, don't assume. I said I don't trust mainstream media and don't assume what they say is always correct.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I didn't say I only take in one source, don't assume. I said I don't trust mainstream media and don't assume what they say is always correct.

Neither so I. It would be naive in the utmost to trust the media to always be correct. It’s equally naive however to assume everything they say is wrong. If they can backup their stories with evidence then that needs to be looked at and genuinely considered. The media look foolish when they’re wrong. It’s in their interests to be accurate.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Neither so I. It would be naive in the utmost to trust the media to always be correct. It’s equally naive however to assume everything they say is wrong. If they can backup their stories with evidence then that needs to be looked at and genuinely considered. The media look foolish when they’re wrong. It’s in their interests to be accurate.
The outlets that have been calling for impeachment before there was evidence of anything... have an agenda and I do not listen to them. That's all... have a great day. :)

Upvote 0