Not open for further replies.

ImmersionX

Apr 1, 2008
✟1,065.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If hard times come somebody needs to be a light of hope. People will be drawn to that.

The problem with this here is that it is exactly how the anti-christ is supposed to gain power in our world.

I suggest we all never take this statement I quoted lightly.

Peace.

Upvote 0

ImmersionX

Apr 1, 2008
✟1,065.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The OP was regarding the church. It was I who generalized it to the nation. Still, I don't see judgment as being on the church/people. A time of refining, perhaps. But haven't we, the people of Christ, always been undergoing refining? I see no difference between what is going on now and what has always gone on, and will continue.

Quite a pompous view don't ya think? You...I am not calling pompous, but that general view is a dangerous one IMHO.
We are all going to be judged at the white throne eh?
Although I agree that what is going on now is really no different than all of the other "event's" in history that have freaked out Christianity in the past.

I've never seen the word "refining" translated from the Greek/and/or/Latin manuscripts(I'm not an expert but I haven't.)

Peace.

Upvote 0

Angel*Eyes

Feb 20, 2005
✟16,572.00
Faith
Non-Denom
John, there is a shift of wealth (what's left of it) coming. Billions of dollars that has been sitting in banks, on God's command, will be given to God's people. All that money will finance the final global ministry.

I've heard a similar thing. I actually know some christian people are about to be blessed by God with several hundred million dollars.

Upvote 0

ImmersionX

Apr 1, 2008
✟1,065.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Quoted from post in this thread:

the Lord says" My people return to me and I will not desert you, I want you to come after me in times of crisis, to seek my face, for I will meet your needs, I have plans to bless you with my favor, rise up you are children of the King and you are not meant to sit back in defeat, I am calling you forth as warriors in this hour who will take my Kingdom by storm"

what scripture verse is this please?

thanks and Peace.

Upvote 0

The_Joker

Sep 14, 2008
✟245.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus said we would have tribulation, and not to worry about tomorrow, for today has enough troubles of its own. He didn't say anything about it being judgment. Would have been the perfect opportunity. But He didn't say it. Why? The god of this world was judged at the cross. And we in Christ are righteous in Him. The rest will be judged at the last day.

Unfortunately for so many Christians whose "kingdoms" are not of this world, they still live on planet Earth amongst all the "unrighteous" normal people who are going to suffer the judgment. When a tsunami strikes the land, or a volcano erupts and lava falls upon a city, it doesn't really matter how Holy you think you are. In the end, that water and that fire will sweep you away just as quickly as any sinner.

And herein lies the reason for the judgment. For many Christians, believing themselves Holy and "apart" from the world, spent their evenings delighting in their spiritual superiority and their assumed devine protection. You see, they spent so much time teaching themselves about the blessings God will bestow upon them, "believing themselves to have need of nothing", that they ignored the plight of the world and the evil that constantly went on around them. They saw helping the poor and the orphans of the third world nations as the height of spiritually... While people right next to them were suffering and calling out for help. They cursed their own nations and believed in fables like the illuminati... While there are Communists in China who prosecute Christians and hack into U.S Government computers during their spare time.

The Judgment is righteous. And I for one long for it and wish against a pretribulation rapture. ---

BTW, if this country goes into a serious depression, Russia and China will fill up the void of world power... And if that happens, there will be no restoration for us.

John, there is a shift of wealth (what's left of it) coming. Billions of dollars that has been sitting in banks, on God's command, will be given to God's people. All that money will finance the final global ministry.

For some reason I doubt Benny Hinn is going to escape a collapse of capitalism.

Upvote 0

Libre

Mar 8, 2007
Overlooking Puget Sound
Visit site
✟16,196.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is appointed to man once to die, and then the judgment. Heb. 9:27

We Christians have the righteousness of Christ. 1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Therefore, when we are resurrected, we will not be judged, for sin was already judged. We will receive reward. Mt 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.Mark 9:41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
Re 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.This says to me, and most theologians of any repute, that the righteous are not judged. They receive reward for things done in Christ. 1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

If we are to be judged, then why did Christ die? If not that we who believe on Him should have His righteousness. If we are then judged again, upon what is it based? Not the law. And how shall we be judged worthy? None are worthy, none are good. But Got only. And His Son, and we who are His.
Jas 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

1Pe 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.