Update: Hungary Offers Asylum as Sweden Prepares to Deport Christian Convert Actress to Iran

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I will add that I hear a lot of bad things about Orban's government from the typical mainstream pundits, but everything I hear from Hungary seems to contradict their opinion.

Hungary has offered asylum to Christian convert Aideen Strandsson because the Swedish government plans to deport her to Iran where she could face prison or even the death penalty for apostasy.

In 2014, Iranian actress Aideen Strandsson came to Sweden on a work visa and applied for asylum after she had converted from Islam to Christianity. The Swedish Migration Board recently denied Strandsson asylum and began the process of deporting her but now the Hungarian government has offered to take her in instead, Nyheter Idag reports.

Deputy Prime Minister Zsolt Semjén released a statement on Hungary’s official government website saying: “Right from the beginning, we have differentiated between economic migrants and genuine asylum-seekers.” “Taking in persecuted Christians is our moral and constitutional duty all at once,” he added.​

Full story: Hungary Offers Asylum as Sweden Prepares to Deport Christian Convert Actress to Iran

Pappy&Me

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2017
Jax.Fl.
✟30,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why would Iran kill her? I think they have Iran mixed up with Saudi Arabia where they still stone and imprison infidels.Where the most violent groups are from and the two holy sites for islam are,mecca and medina.
Last I heard Christians and Jews still live in Iran and Syria. Don't know but do know they are the last 2 on a list to be taken down.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Why would Iran kill her? I think they have Iran mixed up with Saudi Arabia where they still stone and imprison infidels.Where the most violent groups are from and the two holy sites for islam are,mecca and medina.
Last I heard Christians and Jews still live in Iran and Syria. Don't know but do know they are the last 2 on a list to be taken down.
I doubt Iran would allow a Christian convert from Islam to survive.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pappy&Me
Upvote 0

Pappy&Me

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2017
Jax.Fl.
✟30,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
These people do not tolerate someone leaving Islam. To them it is a capital offense, literally.

When did you last live in Iran? All we know is what we are told.

And since we are told it is ok to keep killing and destroying other nations where christians,jews and muslims live then we can feel good about ourselves. Causing the terror of war is not what Jesus told us to do. A Viet Nam Green Beret vet loaded our AC at Lowe's today. I wonder how he feels? Our vets are treated horrible.
I don't think God will be very pleased about all the death and destruction we do in His name. Do you?

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think your post has absolutely nothing to do with the subject. I have been following Islamic persecution of Christians, non-Muslims, and Muslims deemed not Muslim enough, for a long time, using an untold number of sources, often personal testimonies of the persecuted. Either an awful lot of people are wrong, or you are.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,162,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will add that I hear a lot of bad things about Orban's government from the typical mainstream pundits, but everything I hear from Hungary seems to contradict their opinion.

Hungary has offered asylum to Christian convert Aideen Strandsson because the Swedish government plans to deport her to Iran where she could face prison or even the death penalty for apostasy.

In 2014, Iranian actress Aideen Strandsson came to Sweden on a work visa and applied for asylum after she had converted from Islam to Christianity. The Swedish Migration Board recently denied Strandsson asylum and began the process of deporting her but now the Hungarian government has offered to take her in instead, Nyheter Idag reports.

Deputy Prime Minister Zsolt Semjén released a statement on Hungary’s official government website saying: “Right from the beginning, we have differentiated between economic migrants and genuine asylum-seekers.” “Taking in persecuted Christians is our moral and constitutional duty all at once,” he added.​

Full story: Hungary Offers Asylum as Sweden Prepares to Deport Christian Convert Actress to Iran

Wow, my opinion of the Hungarian government just took a major turn upwards.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums