Unpardonable Sin Question but not asking what it is.

Tyler35

Feb 24, 2023
Denver
✟25,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hello, I pray you are well. My questions are based on what might be universally agreed on, on the subject of the unpardonable sin. This is NOT a post asking what the unpardonable sin is; this post is different.

I have a decent understanding of what I believe the unpardonable sin may be at this point, but I am also very aware that this sin has been interpreted in many ways throughout the centuries, and still is interpreted different ways throughout the Church. To be honest, I understand why there are different interpretations, as this is not a clear verse. What has helped me in my understanding of what the unpardonable sin is, is Biblical hermeneutics. For instance there are SO many verses that make it very clear, that someone can’t believe in Jesus as their Messiah, or even want to be a Christian IF they had committed the unpardonable sin. Scripture also shows that God will never turn anyone away, so this means someone would not seek Jesus as their Savior IF they had committed this sin.

This leads to my questions.

1. Is it universally agreed by theologians, pastors, priests, scholars, that someone could not want to become a Christian, follow Jesus, repent of all their sins, and want to devote their entire lives to Him and leave everything at the Cross, if they had already committed the unpardonable sin?

2. Is it universally agreed upon that you can’t want to be a Christian and believe in Jesus as the Messiah if the unforgivable sin was committed?… and authors of articles just don’t always add that into their interpretation explanation?

I just need to know if I am missing something, because if I’m not and the experts are in agreement on this aspect, then it seems this should always be the route we take to help those who really fear this sin.

Last edited:

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
This nonsense that is taught explaining the unpardonable sin in Matthew 12 leads to misunderstanding and questions like what you have asked.

The unpardonable sin was a national sin committed by the nation of Israel. It never was an individual sin a person could commit, now or in the past.

It was the nation of Israel rejecting Jesus as the promised Messiah on the basis that Jesus was not The Messiah. Because He Jesus, did His miracles, not by the power of God (Holy Spirit) but by the power of the prince of demons beelzebub.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I pray you are well. My questions are based on what might be universally agreed on, on the subject of the unpardonable sin. This is NOT a post asking what the unpardonable sin is; this post is different.

I have a decent understanding of what I believe the unpardonable sin may be at this point, but I am also very aware that this sin has been interpreted in many ways throughout the centuries, and still is interpreted different ways throughout the Church. To be honest, I understand why there are different interpretations, as this is not a clear verse. What has helped me in my understanding of what the unpardonable sin is, is Biblical hermeneutics. For instance there are SO many verses that make it very clear, that someone can’t believe in Jesus as their Messiah, or even want to be a Christian IF they had committed the unpardonable sin. Scripture also shows that God will never turn anyone away, so this means someone would not seek Jesus as their Savior IF they had committed this sin.

This leads to my questions.

1. Is it universally agreed by theologians, pastors, priests, scholars, that someone could not want to become a Christian, follow Jesus, repent of all their sins, and want to devote their entire lives to Him and leave everything at the Cross, if they had already committed the unpardonable sin?

2. Is it universally agreed upon that you can’t want to be a Christian and believe in Jesus as the Messiah if the unforgivable sin was committed?… and authors of articles just don’t always add that into their interpretation explanation?

I just need to know if I am missing something, because if I’m not and the experts are in agreement on this aspect, then it seems this should always be the route we take to help those who really fear this sin.
Unless they apostisize.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Tyler35

Feb 24, 2023
Denver
✟25,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
-
This nonsense that is taught explaining the unpardonable sin in Matthew 12 leads to misunderstanding and questions like what you have asked.

The unpardonable sin was a national sin committed by the nation of Israel. It never was an individual sin a person could commit, now or in the past.

It was the nation of Israel rejecting Jesus as the promised Messiah on the basis that Jesus was not The Messiah. Because He Jesus, did His miracles, not by the power of God (Holy Spirit) but by the power of the prince of demons beelzebub.
@d taylor I respect your answer and a part of me believes that is the correct answer too. Curious however if you know the answers to my questions though? I have a difficult time getting these answered, though I will say it is quite implied that it is universally agreed upon (which is good since that is Biblically correct).

I really am searching for: though many disagree on what the unpardonable sin is, do they at least agree with that?

Getting another answer on what the unpardonable sin is, does not help folks who are afraid and have read many other articles where the writer is so positive on a different view of the unpardonable sin.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
@d taylor I respect your answer and a part of me believes that is the correct answer too. Curious however if you know the answers to my questions though? I have a difficult time getting these answered, though I will say it is quite implied that it is universally agreed upon (which is good since that is Biblically correct).

I really am searching for: though many disagree on what the unpardonable sin is, do they at least agree with that?

Getting another answer on what the unpardonable sin is, does not help folks who are afraid and have read many other articles where the writer is so positive on a different view of the unpardonable sin.
-
Your questions can not be answered truthfully (that is i can not), because they are based on an incorrect teaching of the unpardonable Sin.

You would have to find a person who believes that the unpardonable sin, is a sin an individual person can commit.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you @Maria Billingsley. Do you by chance know the answers to my questions as well? Maybe you did answer, but just looking for confirmation.
If one believes until death, they are not guilty of the unpardonable sin. Blessings.

Upvote 0