Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Bible and Holy Spirit are a sufficient guide.

2 Timothy 3:16
14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Mormons said they have the "True Gospel" and living prophets and additional information (based on obedience).
If only each Mormon could go back to that point when it first became obvious that 'I must add more' even though it was said not to.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If only each Mormon could go back to that point when it first became obvious that 'I must add more' even though it was said not to.
Has anyone added to these books?

(New Testament | Revelation 22:18)

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

(Old Testament | Deuteronomy 4:2)

2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

(Old Testament | Proverbs 30:6)

6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you, but please, choose a course and stick with it. First you don’t want to reason my point, then you do. Or is it just those things that are sweet to the taste? Sorry, not interested.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh, yes, I asked my home teacher how Mary could be called a virgin if she had had sex with the Father? He said, "Because the Father wasn't mortal; he was an exalted man."

That was in the 1970s. Read post #4 of this thread:

Unleash the Fundamentals

The tenth prophet, Joseph Fielding Smith said:

“For notwithstanding they die, they also shall rise again, a spiritual body. They who are of a celestial spirit shall receive the same body which was a natural body [I. E. A mortal body]: even ye shall receive your bodies, and your glory shall be that glory by which your bodies are quickened.(D&C 88:27-28)

"From this we have the Lord’s endorsement of a spiritual body being the body which has ceased to be a blood body. Now when Adam was in the Garden of Eden, he was not subject to death. There was no blood in his body and he could have remained there forever. This is true of all other creations. This statement may not be very pleasing to our evolutionists, but it is true."
Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, 1:76-77

Others who are resurrected to a lower degree will not be able to have children in the next life.

• Informative
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The tenth prophet, Joseph Fielding Smith said:

“For notwithstanding they die, they also shall rise again, a spiritual body. They who are of a celestial spirit shall receive the same body which was a natural body [I. E. A mortal body]: even ye shall receive your bodies, and your glory shall be that glory by which your bodies are quickened.(D&C 88:27-28)

"From this we have the Lord’s endorsement of a spiritual body being the body which has ceased to be a blood body. Now when Adam was in the Garden of Eden, he was not subject to death. There was no blood in his body and he could have remained there forever. This is true of all other creations. This statement may not be very pleasing to our evolutionists, but it is true."
Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, 1:76-77
I suppose I'm suppose to accept the fact that they are not the least bit concerned with this alarming comment? But to ready myself for yet another slippery excuse, or, deflection.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I suppose I'm suppose to accept the fact that they are not the least bit concerned with this alarming comment? But to ready myself for yet another slippery excuse, or, deflection.
When Jesus was resurrected He said:
(New Testament | Luke 24:39)

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
He said nothing about blood. If you believe He had blood, what is your source?

Upvote 0