Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jane_Doe', Somewhere along the line you seem to think I am contesting the mentioning she was not a virgin. But if that virgin was not subject to intercourse w/a "resurrected father" it would be wise to show everyone observing this exchange where this full-retraction has occured.

I take it, you do have that ready don't you? Please?

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Jane_Doe', Somewhere along the line you seem to think I am contesting the mentioning she was not a virgin. But if that virgin was not subject to intercourse w/a "resurrected father" it would be wise to show everyone observing this exchange where this full-retraction has occured.

I am confused here. You want me to supply a retraction of a belief that was never LDS doctrine?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: Jane_Doe
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well there you have it! The classical deflected response; defend the fort by greasing the area where skid sits till the package, contents, skid, all of it is swept right out of sight. But you forgot something Mr. and Mrs. Mormon. Do you see it?

Right there. No-no, look closer! Closer!! See? Yes, a very tiny thread, a bright, shiny “linen” strand of truth (Rev 19:8), Hallelujah! And don't bother retaliating, there is only one way to clean thyself

For that thread of truth is a vehicle in and of itself already catalyzed by the title initiative; cohesiveness of the fundamentals which is additionally fueled by your refusals, all glory to the King most-high! The material to be catalyzed goes without saying which has emblazoned itself as blasphemous.

Now, Christian, bless God, the unleashing will be effortless. Reword the initiative so God gets all glory and send to two or more you know are in agreement over soundness. Hallelujah!

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Talmage's work has no official weight, either.

I'm sorry Iron but both of his books can be found at the on line Church library, that's pretty weighty. Canonized no but weighty yes!

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Well there you have it! The classical deflected response; defend the fort by greasing the area where skid sits till the package, contents, skid, all of it is swept right out of sight. But you forgot something Mr. and Mrs. Mormon. Do you see it?

Right there. No-no, look closer! Closer!! See? Yes, a very tiny thread, a bright, shiny “linen” strand of truth (Rev 19:8), Hallelujah! And don't bother retaliating, there is only one way to clean thyself

For that thread of truth is a vehicle in and of itself already catalyzed by the title initiative; cohesiveness of the fundamentals which is additionally fueled by your refusals, all glory to the King most-high! The material to be catalyzed goes without saying which has emblazoned itself as blasphemous.

Now, Christian, bless God, the unleashing will be effortless. Reword the initiative so God gets all glory and send to two or more you know are in agreement over soundness. Hallelujah!

So...

No comment about the fact that certain works in question are readily available for the general public to read for free?

• Agree
Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One day I was listening to Walter Martin on the radio and he said cavemen, Neanderthals, were created by Satan. He thought God let Satan create to prove how he couldn't do it right.

Mmmm should I hold all of Christanity responsible for this and start claiming all Christians believe Satan has the power to create?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Walter Martin is deceased.

I was told that if a mortal virgin is impregnated by an exalted being, she is still considered a virgin. I had already read the Book of Mormon in which she is called a virgin, and that was what prompted me to ask the question. I wanted to know how to respond to critics of Mormonism.
Who told you if a mortal virgin is impregnated by an exalted being, she is still considered a virgin. That sounds like Greek mythology, rather than sound doctrine.

Mormons happen to believe that because Mary was a virgin, and was still pregnant, that the HG, or God did not have sexual intercourse with her, regardless of your mythology above.

But, would you please explain what was going to happen to Mary as explained in verse 35:
Luke 1:34-35
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

I suspect that if Talmage, or BY, or McConkie had said such a thing and not the bible, you would have taken offense and called them blasphemous. But the bible does say this, interesting verbiage, don't you think?

Also explain: is the 'HG' (who fell upon Mary) the same as the 'power of the Highest' (who overshadowed Mary)?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
But isn't the reverse also true? In my past discussions with the Mormons, they react alarmed at surprise positioning and quickly disperse. But, due to their being somewhat exclusives, how could I provide what is needed? Could you also provide the citation/ref that demotes Talmage's Mormon 'Apostle' status?
Talmage's 'Apostle' status is not demoted, but his books are not considered canonical.

So, since they are not canonical, there could be parts of his writing that may be his personal beliefs, that cannot then be taken for the word of God.

The virginity of Mary is a sticky wicket that you seem to have a great interest in.
So would you please explain to me what was going to happen to Mary as portrayed by the bible in verse 35 of Luke 1:34-35? Don't be too short on details.

Two interesting concepts that will help direct your response:
1) what is the difference between the 'HG', and 'the power of the Highest'?
The HG fell upon Mary, the power of the Highest overshadowed Mary.
2) what does the word 'overshadowed' refer to?

Thank you for your response.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Who told you if a mortal virgin is impregnated by an exalted being, she is still considered a virgin. That sounds like Greek mythology, rather than sound doctrine.

My home teacher.

Mormons happen to believe that because Mary was a virgin, and was still pregnant, that the HG, or God did not have sexual intercourse with her, regardless of your mythology above.

But, would you please explain what was going to happen to Mary as explained in verse 35:
Luke 1:34-35
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

I suspect that if Talmage, or BY, or McConkie had said such a thing and not the bible, you would have taken offense and called them blasphemous. But the bible does say this, interesting verbiage, don't you think?

Also explain: is the 'HG' (who fell upon Mary) the same as the 'power of the Highest' (who overshadowed Mary)?

God is the omnipotent Creator.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
How bout men like Peter and the apostles?

Do you follow your Sunday School teachers? I follow Christ.

Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It is claimed that Arian arguments that used texts that refer to Christ as God's "onlybegotten Son" are based on a misunderstanding of the Greek word monogenēs and that the Greek word does not mean "begotten" in the sense we beget children but means "having no peer, unique".
Monogenēs - Wikipedia

Answer: The phrase “only begotten Son” occurs in John 3:16, which reads in the King James Version as, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." The phrase "only begotten" translates the Greek word monogenes. This word is variously translated into English as "only," "one and only," and "only begotten."
What does it mean that Jesus is God's only begotten son?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
One day I was listening to Walter Martin on the radio and he said cavemen, Neanderthals, were created by Satan. He thought God let Satan create to prove how he couldn't do it right.

Mmmm should I hold all of Christanity responsible for this and start claiming all Christians believe Satan has the power to create?

Please provide an authentic source for your claim.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

I am still waiting for your reply to my post #32. Take a look and let me know what you think?

Upvote 0