Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are we all born with it? I remember as a tiny child always thinking about God and I had never been to Church at the time.

The Catechism says-

27 The desire for God is written in the human heart, because man is created by God and for God; and God never ceases to draw man to himself. Only in God will he find the truth and happiness he never stops searching for: The dignity of man rests above all on the fact that he is called to communion with God.

Do you think we are all born knowing or desiring God without knowing Him?

Reactions: Pioneer3mm

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"There is a God shaped vacuum in everyman that only Christ can fill"
- Augustine
One of my favorite quotes. :thumbsup: but I guess my question is when a child starts to feel that awareness or longing? It’s something that fascinates me because I felt it at an early age. Circumstances might have contributed to that but I’d love to know what the average is as far as that longing goes throughout the world. Regardless of background or circumstances. I think it would be an interesting study. For instance, do those raised by atheists feel that longing at young ages? A few examples to mind but I feel this would be a worthwhile topic to explore if possible.

Upvote 0