Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was only in the 70s that medical insurance companies were permitted by the government to be for-profit industries. Before that, they had to be non-profit companies. We could roll back to that, too.
True, but that still leaves the problem of each insurance company defining their own contracts, networks, payer policies, authorizations, etc. that tie member and provider hands, increase costs, and just make everything very complicated. Authorizations create an entire middleman industry on its own.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True, but that still leaves the problem of each insurance company defining their own contracts, networks, payer policies, authorizations, etc. that tie member and provider hands, increase costs, and just make everything very complicated. Authorizations create an entire middleman industry on its own.

I have no argument against that.

Upvote 0

MissRowy

Ms Snarky
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
Western Sydney
✟250,212.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
I'm privileged that I don't have to pay $$$ for medical care here in Australia. I have paid for operations in private hospitals but I get money back from that because I have private health insurance. The only public thing I really have to pay for is for MRIs. But my appendectomy only cos $2600 here in Aus...if I had the same operation in the USA it would have cost me $30,000 at least.

Upvote 0