Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You know what? I don't know. That is why I came here to see what people are thinking. These times are very confusing for me. I didn't vote, but For like forever, I was told Trump supporters are nuts. Biden won the election and were still talking about Trump as if he is important. Why?

I heard Trumpians saying covid was being exploited for the election. Not 3 days after taking office the all clear is given, and america is opening back up. Then once we are opened back up our economy is going to improve. I'm sorry, but was that intentional?

I heard Trump supporters saying this country was turning communist and they needed to defend it. Then the great purge happened. And all the restrictions on free speech. How am I supposed to take that in reference to unity? I don't like trump, but I feel like I was lied to. Were they as crazy as they sounded??

The entire capital looks like a prison yard, and no one is attacking them. I do not understand what I am seeing here. Not only does none of this make sense in the pursuit of unity, it makes no sense in reality. None of this fits what I was lead to believe. Where are the raging Trump supporters armed to their teeth storming the capital? They're not there. They lost. Now they are licking their wounds looking to 2022.

Now everything Trump has done will be undone. Just like Trump undoing everything Obama has done. What are we unifying? Trump wasn't a unifier. Why are we acting like him?
I think you posted in the wrong thread.

Upvote 0

Groot

Jan 23, 2021
Maryland
✟441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think you posted in the wrong thread.

How so? You wrote: A member sent this to me. “This is a time when the USA needs to be striving for unity, not divisiveness.” Biden has called for unity. What are we to unify around, and why?

I think I quoted that post.

Point being, there is some confusion on what Biden is attempting to unify on my part.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It’s the authority for all of life.
Your interpretation of scripture is the authority for all life?

And

And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
— Matthew 28:18-20
And if you can't evangelize them, use the power of a secular state to criminalize their unchristian behaviors?--where's that part?

• Winner
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No, scripture is.
But where does the authority for your interpretation of scripture come from?

Like murder, rape, etc?
I was thinking of things that right-wing Evangelicals don't agree with the rest of society about. Like "out" LGBTs, for example.

• Winner
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Democrats don't want unity...they want obedience.
By your post , Neither do you and a lot of Republicans.
Although I am curious as to how Biden is going to get the over 50 million Americans who believe he is an illegitimate president to support him?
I really don't care, what everyone thinks.
If you think Trump had it bad, Biden is in real trouble.
No, Biden not.

• Agree
Reactions: Lg2000
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How can you claim to have the only understanding of scripture?
You say these special words: "my understanding is correct, everyone else's is a self serving interpretation".

Its not that hard.

Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So, unity is just believing what you believe. You are the reference of all things.
I didn’t say that. Unity is submitting to the King of the universe, Jesus Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I didn’t say that. Unity is submitting to the King of the universe, Jesus Christ.

First Amendment of the US Constitution says I don’t have to if I don’t want to. If submission to Christ is what you believe it will take to have unity, you are going to have to repeal the First Amendment to get it.

Reactions: Lg2000
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
First Amendment of the US Constitution says I don’t have to if I don’t want to. If submission to Christ is what you believe it will take to have unity, you are going to have to repeal the First Amendment to get it.
I didn’t say that you had to. I just said that it would bring unity. That’s what the thread is about.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I didn’t say that you had to. I just said that it would bring unity. That’s what the thread is about.

Then it would behoove us to find a different way for unity since your way won’t happen. I would think we all live in this country together, realizing we are not each an island but what we do has an affect on other people, and doing things that will benefit all would be more than enough to unify us. Not necessarily in what actions we take, that is for civilized political debate, but certainly in final goal.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It would, but as a practical matter we are a religiously diverse society and will always remain so. Even if we all became Christians we would not necessarily all be Christians of a kind you would approve of. We are willing to cooperate with you to govern the country. What would it take for you to cooperate with us, short of us all becoming Fundamentalist Evangelicals?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.