KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nonresponsive.
I didn't think I needed to detail the attempt to conflate lifetime chances of dying from something with the current death rates from a pandemic which is not yet two years old. I'm pretty sure people picked up on it pretty quickly.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Note: it's down to 232 employees now. 99.7% of employees have complied with the mandate (including those with medical or religious exemptions).

Yeah, when the rubber meets the road, the amount that ACTUALLY quit are just a fart in the wind to whomever they worked for.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Note: it's down to 232 employees now. 99.7% of employees have complied with the mandate (including those with medical or religious exemptions).
A federal judge in Texas ordered United Airlines to temporarily halt its plan to put unvaccinated employees on unpaid leave if they have requested an exemption from the company's COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

United Airlines must delay its vaccine mandate for workers seeking an exemption

This sentence is ridiculous: "Vaccine requirements work and nearly all of United's U.S. employees have chosen to get a shot."

Coercion is not choice. Feed your family or comply is not a real choice.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A federal judge in Texas ordered United Airlines to temporarily halt its plan to put unvaccinated employees on unpaid leave if they have requested an exemption from the company's COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

United Airlines must delay its vaccine mandate for workers seeking an exemption

This sentence is ridiculous: "Vaccine requirements work and nearly all of United's U.S. employees have chosen to get a shot."

There's still a choice regardless of coercion . Not sure what makes you think different.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Great. I just need to let my boss know he can't "coerce" me to do my job or even show up to work and I should get paid regardless of that choice. I'll let you know how that works out.

Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great. I just need to let my boss know he can't "coerce" me to do my job or even show up to work and I should get paid regardless of that choice. I'll let you know how that works out.

Yeah, these arguments are getting weaker and weaker. It's like all of us (vaxxers) are mentally letting them fade into oblivion as if they don't matter.

I think the small sliver of those that don't matter to society anymore, being fired from their employers and such. They'll become employeed by some min. wage job as they are the only ones that'll have them. As grim as this may seem, I wonder if this is how the homeless become homeless?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, these arguments are getting weaker and weaker. It's like all of us (vaxxers) are mentally letting them fade into oblivion as if they don't matter.

I think the small sliver of those that don't matter to society anymore, being fired from their employers and such. They'll become employeed by some min. wage job as they are the only ones that'll have them. As grim as this may seem, I wonder if this is how the homeless become homeless?

The numbers of people being fired for refusing to be vaccinated is still at or below the fatality percentages that I am told are no big deal by those opposing the vaccine. Unless losing ones job is more serious than death I it would be reasonable by that logic to ignore this as even less of a big deal, a non-event really.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The numbers of people being fired for refusing to be vaccinated is still at or below the fatality percentages that I am told are no big deal by those opposing the vaccine. Unless losing ones job is more serious than death I it would be reasonable by that logic to ignore this as even less of a big deal, a non-event really.

Yeah, unless they become self-employed, they can forget any kind of professional career in life.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, unless they become self-employed, they can forget any kind of professional career in life.
Actions have consequences, welcome to adulthood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, coercion is not choice. So many don't have any cushion whatsoever on which to survive. Not to mention the millions that already have the superior natural immunity; they should not be coerced to take an unnecessary injection.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are conflating an unrelated issue. You agreed up front to perform the tasks your job requires, whatever that job happens to be. You did not agree up front to join an experiment to take a never-before-used medication about which we have zero knowledge of any long term effects. That is not a job task.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You are conflating an unrelated issue. You agreed up front to perform the tasks your job requires, whatever that job happens to be. You did not agree up front to join an experiment to take a never-before-used medication about which we have zero knowledge of any long term effects.
Ignoring the hyperbole, I'm not sure why you're asserting that the two are different.

Upvote 0