Philip22

Jun 24, 2007
✟20,370.00
Faith
Christian
I have been asking fellow members..,Christians, for prayers in regards to this situation for sometime.

First and most importantly I want to give praise to GOD for answering prayer to restore a friendship and a softening of a coworkers heart. Although the out come has not been what I would like it to be and There is much more progress needed but there has been a start or seeming an positive step forward on being on good terms with this individual. In spite of all of this I would ask/request continued prayers. Just for the purpose of context , allow me to share….

Anyone who has followed /read my Threads knows of Daniel and my relationship. with him, all of you know that I would like it to improve. Recently he approached and made a the comment " Its the person who thins he is better than everyone-else" That is frustration to me because I don't have any idea of what I am doing to give that impression. Yes that to GOD our relationship has improved but need the knowledge or the insight to see what other people are seeing./observing, to recognize if i am doing something that unintentional creating the bad image. I need to know what I can do to appease him.

Additionally , as before I would as for prayers that GOD to soften his heart/ mind, not to be so judgemental. At this point I recognize that a friendship will not develop., as much as I would like to( only if GOD desires it, in GODs own timing) but it would be nice to be on good/friendly terms.

With all of that being said ,to me what is the most troubling about the situation to me is that I didn't represent Christianity well or bring Glory to GOD. As everything that could be considered offensive was unintentional....I really need to be more mindful and aware of what I am doing and saying as to best honor and glorify GOD...so please include that in your prayers....as previously mentioned.

Thank you and may GODs blessing be upon all of you!!

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Abba Yah please Breathe Your Holy Breath into this Body and raise us up in Yahshua ha Mashiach and cause us to shine bright in every dark place, transforming it into light, for Your glory, honor, and praise. Amen.

Shalom.

Upvote 0

Philip22

Jun 24, 2007
✟20,370.00
Faith
Christian
I want to add , because I am not sure how many have viewed or will and go read my other threads.... As I have shared in other those threads, I do suffer from SAD....Social Anxiety Disorder......which is often misunderstood, and it make it really difficult connect with other people. Anxiety does cause one doe do some really weird stuff, because you want to remove yourself from whatever is making you uncomfortable, whether it be an conversation ot just people watching you.

I have done some things, due to experiencing anxiety that can be misinterpreted....never meaning any harm by any of my behavior , just attempts to be more likable and this would tie into my other prayer request. ..... That GOD will allow Daniel to see those things/ behavior as it really is, harmless, not ill willed or disrespectful as it could be interpreted as. I have been very foolish,stupid with Daniel, unintentionally so but none the less. I owe Daniel a lot though because he has profoundly changed my life through being more open , to me than most others. That is why I feel so guilty of my transgressions against him,..even f there weren't intentional...just poor judgement.

Question, is it really that weird to want to connect with someone on a deeper level that society tells us we should. To want to be a friend with someone. Society tells us to use each other for our own selfish gain....does it not?

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have the same affect on people. I think I come across as snobbish but I don't feel that way. A lot I think comes from having a low self image and being standoffish with people that can be misconstrued. It has been years and years of it for me. I just do my best to show an interest and kind appearance to others and if that doesn't work there is nothing else for me to do. I am also honest to a fault which does offend at times. As long as you try you can do no more. It has been too many years of it to worry about it. You cannot please everyone and God is the most important in your life. Don't stop praying.
God bless you.

Upvote 0

Philip22

Jun 24, 2007
✟20,370.00
Faith
Christian
There are many aspects/factors to this situation /request. I am ware that passionate feelings about the situation are unique to say the least. I think I feel so strongly about it because, I simply don't connect with people, don't form friendships and of course ..SAD plays pert in it. Daniel has helped me overcome some of the anxiety and open up to people more, to feel more comfortable around them.... yet lacking people skills and awareness I have been very foolish , stupid around Daniel or towards him. He was very open to be friends and as usual I did things..or said things in a desperate/pathetic attempt to be likable..witty, funny..that have come back to bite me. That why I say any offense was definitely unintentional. I also do believe that Daniel was more thank chance meeting, as I experiencing server depression when he came into my life. I do beleive GODs hand has an part in the two of us coming together. Maybe to help one another.

He is not a christian so I would ask that if anything, prayers for his salvation....to come to know Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Christians get treated badly sometimes. Maybe that is why he treats you badly if he is not a Christian?

PS I say and do silly things myself, apologize and move on, that's all you can do.
You can't stress over things you can't change and you can't change others.
You are too hard on yourself. Don't obsess over it as it does no good. You have done your best.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Philip22

Jun 24, 2007
✟20,370.00
Faith
Christian
I have the same affect on people. I think I come across as snobbish but I don't feel that way. A lot I think comes from having a low self image and being standoffish with people that can be misconstrued. It has been years and years of it for me. I just do my best to show an interest and kind appearance to others and if that doesn't work there is nothing else for me to do. I am also honest to a fault which does offend at times. As long as you try you can do no more. It has been too many years of it to worry about it. You cannot please everyone and God is the most important in your life. Don't stop praying.
God bless you.

First of all I have to point out that I dont make friends or connect with people with the same relative ease that most people do, and that could be due to the social anxiety disorder that I tend to experience ....suffer from

I do understand what you are saying and I would agree to a certain extent.It is not healthy to let things to eat away at you. But I think as most Christians today, you have aloud yourself to be influenced but the attitude of selfishness that we that we see all around us...the "Me Too, Me First "movements. I am not going to argue with or debate you but allow me to share this ....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
First of all I have to point out that I dont make friends or connect with people with the same relative ease that most people do, and that could be due to the social anxiety disorder that I tend to experience ....suffer from

I do understand what you are saying and I would agree to a certain extent.It is not healthy to let things to eat away at you. But I think as most Christians today, you have aloud yourself to be influenced but the attitude of selfishness that we that we see all around us...the "Me Too, Me First "movements. I am not going to agrgue with or debate you but allow me to share this ....

I am sorry and I hope God works it out for you.
God bless.

Upvote 0

Philip22

Jun 24, 2007
✟20,370.00
Faith
Christian
Christians get treated badly sometimes. Maybe that is why he treats you badly if he is not a Christian?

PS I say and do silly things myself, apologize and move on, that's all you can do.
You can't stress over things you can't change and you can't change others.
You are too hard on yourself. Don't obsess over it as it does no good. You have done your best.

Well, to be fair to Daniel, he doesn't treat me badly, I apologize if I seemed to imply that , actually the opposite is rather true. He has been one of the coolest people I have interacted with...,a really good person, until recently due to my own stupidity and being very very foolish. He doesn't know that I am a christian... I typically don't let people know until I can feel them out. As far as my prayer request, maybe a better way to phrase it is for GOD to give him understanding and compassion of my struggles with anxiety and how it impacts my behavior..if I do something stupid..rude that I mean nothing by it , it is unintentional....that is the main premise of my prayer request. As I would ask anyone to be understanding of my struggles with SAD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Philip22

Jun 24, 2007
✟20,370.00
Faith
Christian
I am sorry and I hope God works it out for you.
God bless.

Thank you.....Please continue to pray for me. I do really need a miracle, when it comes to interacting /relationships with other people. I am hoping that miracle will come/ be through Daniel...., we were close coworkers at one time, yet through my foolishness and stupidity that was lost......it would be nice to be on good terms once again...as well as the wisdom , knowledge of how to win people over, as well as overcoming anxiety. THANK YOU

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It's not emotionally healthy to keep insulting yourself or to allow guilt consume you. If you said something wrong to Daniel and apologized, forgive yourself and move on. You shouldn't continue thinking negatively about it. If Daniel doesn't want to forgive you,move on. You deserve friends that understand you and are willing to forgive you when you do or say wrong things. I'm praying for you

Upvote 0

Philip22

Jun 24, 2007
✟20,370.00
Faith
Christian
I want to give PRAISE :bow::clap: to GOD, he knows what makes me happy and I will say that he has intervened and my friendship with Daniel has improved..as long as my faith remains strong and trust GOD for what is best and not fall into the habit of conditional trust, I believe it can only get better.

I will ask for continued prayer that Daniel will not misread or overthink my behavior at time, that GOD will continue put it on his heart to be more accepting. THANK YOU for your prayers

I know that many/most of you do not and will never completely understand how and why I look at the situation as I do...I will say that when you spend a "lifetime' as an outsider you tend to value/ cherish other people, their friendship a little more. than most people do . What most take for granted, some have to fight for.

Upvote 0