Unified CF Fast.

J.A.I

. Galatians 6:10 .
Jan 28, 2004
✟10,903.00
Faith
Christian
There's a reason I posted this in here.. And I am going to try and say it without looking like a bad guy or something.

The fundamentals of Christian faith are very important. When there are Christians teaching a different gospel, that creates a problem. It creates confusion on who and what God is and HOW He is. Liberal Christianity can put God's authority under question.. and His creativeness, His power, His sovereignty. Yes, God is love, but when God says something, we are to be obedient.

I sincerely believe the devil has a STRONG hold over Christians because of this.

My desire for this fast is to break that hold that is going on in CF. I have seen this as a cycle here at CF. First they're liberals, then they're atheists, then they're pagans. Not saying ALL liberal Christians do that, but I have seen it happen quite a bit here at CF. It's detrimental. My desire with this fast is to let God move in CF and remove what does not need to be here. I am not saying it should be Christians only, but I truly want God to work on and continue to raise up soldiers for His truth. There are some here who believe in the truth, but they are scared to speak it. I know this because they have PMed me and so on. My hope is for God to give them boldness in His name.

This is just partly why I want to call this fast......

Upvote 0

Larry

Fundamentalist Christian
Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
✟2,635.00
Faith
Christian
J.A.I said:
There's a reason I posted this in here.. And I am going to try and say it without looking like a bad guy or something.

The fundamentals of Christian faith are very important. When there are Christians teaching a different gospel, that creates a problem. It creates confusion on who and what God is and HOW He is. Liberal Christianity can put God's authority under question.. and His creativeness, His power, His sovereignty. Yes, God is love, but when God says something, we are to be obedient.

I sincerely believe the devil has a STRONG hold over Christians because of this.

My desire for this fast is to break that hold that is going on in CF. I have seen this as a cycle here at CF. First they're liberals, then they're atheists, then they're pagans. Not saying ALL liberal Christians do that, but I have seen it happen quite a bit here at CF. It's detrimental. My desire with this fast is to let God move in CF and remove what does not need to be here. I am not saying it should be Christians only, but I truly want God to work on and continue to raise up soldiers for His truth. There are some here who believe in the truth, but they are scared to speak it. I know this because they have PMed me and so on. My hope is for God to give them boldness in His name.

You speak the truth, JAI.

I have been fighting the good fight in the open forums for quite some time. To my astonishment, most of the people who oppose me are supposedly Christians. There are too many here, who are not grounded in scripture and do not have a solid doctrinal foundation. Their roots do not run deep. As a result, they get tossed to and fro with everything that comes along. They won't even agree on basic Christian doctrine. Some of them are wolves in sheeps clothing. Others are as I described above - Christians who have built their house on the sand.

Count me in!

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please, consider me in as well. Perhaps we could all share the prayers we'd like to make during the fast. We could pray for one another's problems. I think this would be wonderful. Yes, definitely, I'm in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChrisB

Jan 28, 2004
✟16,919.00
Faith
Protestant
You're absolutely right J.A.I. - so many Christians want to take those bits of the Gospel they like and leave the rest. It's not a buffet meal, you have to take it as a whole or you're not getting it at all. Compromise on even one aspect of God's Word and you're on the slippery slope towards believeing in nothing at all.

Upvote 0

Christi

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟4,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've seen disturbing things as well, from people claiming to be Christians. Count me in, if we can keep out spirits open, during this time, to hear God and what HE wants to say to us and what He wants to do at CF.

edited to delete sentence that was meant generally, but was taken personally.

Upvote 0

J.A.I

Jan 28, 2004
✟10,903.00
Faith
Christian
Christi - It isn't about that. It is about knowing and spreading the truth in God's Word... not a 'better than somebody' issue. There are too many on here spreading a false gospel and we need to stop that. We need to be truthful about God's Word and stop spreading false things about Him and His creation.

Upvote 0

Larry

Fundamentalist Christian
Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
✟2,635.00
Faith
Christian
J.A.I said:
Christi - It isn't about that. It is about knowing and spreading the truth in God's Word... not a 'better than somebody' issue. There are too many on here spreading a false gospel and we need to stop that. We need to be truthful about God's Word and stop spreading false things about Him and His creation.

Amen!! :bow:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Christi

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟4,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
J.A.I said:
edit: I feel led not to take part in this. I've removed comments regarding things I have found disturbing in this thread. I've been made aware my posts aren't welcome, and for the sake of harmony.......

Isaiah 58:6

"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter--
when you see the naked, to clothe him,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness will go before you,
and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.
Then you will call and the Lord will answer;
you will cry for help, and He will say: Here am I."

Bless you all.

Upvote 0

J.A.I

Jan 28, 2004
✟10,903.00
Faith
Christian
I received a PM asking if all were allowed to fast. All CHRISTIANS, yes. All of like mind. I stated my purpose for wanting to have a unified fast earlier in this thread.

And I will post my replies here for all others who are curious:

I also explained why I put it in the Fundamentalist forum. Because there are a lot of people spreading a false gospel that allows for the advocation of sin stating that sin is okay because God is love. The fast is in the fundamental forum because the fundamentalists stick to the fundamentals of the Bible. It may be offensive to some, but there is no room for 'free' interpretation of the Bible. I posted it there b/c we all in that forum are of like mind which is why the post is called 'Unified CF Fast'. All are welcome to fast as they'd like, but the fast has a purpose, which is stated in the thread.

Upvote 0