Unified CF Fast.

J.A.I

. Galatians 6:10 .
Jan 28, 2004
✟10,903.00
Faith
Christian
Would anyone here be interested in doing a unified fast for CF ?

Matthew 18:18-20 MKJV
18 Truly I say to you, Whatever you shall bind on earth shall occur, having been bound in Heaven; and whatever you shall loose on earth shall occur, having been loosed in Heaven.
19 Again I say to you that if two of you shall agree on earth as regarding anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them by My Father in Heaven.
20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there I am in their midst.

Reactions: LynneClomina
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lotar said:
It doesn't count if you were going to do it anyways

:p

J.A.I said:
A fast is a sacrifice. You don't fast on days that are 'good for you'.. It's a sacrifice.....

That is my point exactly, though I disagree with the sacrifice part :)

These are already days which are prescribed for fasting, not because I determined I want to fast then, or what I want to fast from, but because the Church, in Wisdom being led by the Holy Spirit has set aside these days for a fast.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,091.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Kelly said:
OT: I am starting a 40 Day television fast today, as I've been getting words from God that it's a big waste of my time and brings a fair amount of garbage into the home, even with us carefully reviewing what we will watch.

Prepare to realise the lifting of a great burden from your soul :)
We cut out the idiot box for Lent a few years back and have never looked back since :D.

John.

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On a serious note:

I've pretty much given up TV, much like John. If you have a chance to come back to watching it (fer instance if relatives are visiting) briefly, you will be amazed and shocked by what you see. Having the TV on constantly actually made me uneasy and jittery and several times I actually had to leave the room in disgust.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.