Unethical job that I need to get out of, and a new job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmunmun

聖戰武士
Sep 6, 2004
My heart is in Hong Kong...
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi brothers and sisters, currently I am in a job where I have to make small misleading statements to customers, scam them, and then sell to them and this is making me stressful. I've talked to my boss but of course, she doesn't see the way I see it. She has to support the company as this isn't up to her either. I don't want to do this job anymore. My company is pressuring me to be more pushy to customers and force higher-pressured sales tactics with little lies here and there but this goes against my conscience. Not only that but I can barely make a living in this job and I've been cutting lots of spendings too. I really need a new job. I have an interview coming up this Friday and possibly some more (because I've been applying non-stop). I need a job that would make my living more affordable, and allow more contribution to my parents and to my church as my parents don't think they have stable jobs either (please pray for my mom's job stability as well). I go to work everyday feeling VERY uncomfortable because of what I have to do. Please pray that I will get a new job very soon so I can quit this one. Thank you!

Ash8676

Seeker of Answers To Life
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2013
So.Cal, Chino Hills
✟91,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lord, send her the help she needs and let her get a job that she likes, that she can stay at for a long time. Remove any stress she has off her shoulders and let her feel peace, that you are going to be there for her every step of the way. Send her your love, peace, comfort and strength. I pray for this, in Jesus name, Amen.

Upvote 0
C

christsoccer

Hi brothers and sisters, currently I am in a job where I have to make small misleading statements to customers, scam them, and then sell to them and this is making me stressful. I've talked to my boss but of course, she doesn't see the way I see it. She has to support the company as this isn't up to her either. I don't want to do this job anymore. My company is pressuring me to be more pushy to customers and force higher-pressured sales tactics with little lies here and there but this goes against my conscience. Not only that but I can barely make a living in this job and I've been cutting lots of spendings too. I really need a new job. I have an interview coming up this Friday and possibly some more (because I've been applying non-stop). I need a job that would make my living more affordable, and allow more contribution to my parents and to my church as my parents don't think they have stable jobs either (please pray for my mom's job stability as well). I go to work everyday feeling VERY uncomfortable because of what I have to do. Please pray that I will get a new job very soon so I can quit this one. Thank you!

Praying for you
:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray:

Upvote 0

ThyLovingkindness

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
✟14,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi there, I've been on the receiving end of high-pressure sales people. I bought a car almost a year ago, and at the time, the finance person told me that as far as my car payments, the interest I'll be paying is tax deductible. In addition, this guy tried to sell me the moon (all these extras) to which I refused, which irritated him. Well, I checked with my tax person about this recently. She told me that because my vehicle isn't being used for business purposes, any tax deductions on interest payments are not in effect, are not deductible, and haven't been for several years. My prayer for you is that if you truly are being asked to con potential or existing customers, then you'll seek other employment soonest. While I know it's a drag for you, it's also a drag for the customer. God bless.

Reactions: ahmunmun
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.