Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
A graphic at the end of Live Action’s video shows that the corporation “performs” nearly 35 percent of all abortions in the U.S. compared with less than 2 percent of breast exams, less than 1 percent of pap smears, and less than two percent of cancer screenings.

In fact, another video Live Action released back in January caught 92 Planned Parenthood locations admitting the fact that they do not offer prenatal care, which is in direct contradiction to spurious, repeated claims by company CEO Cecile Richards.

To Planned Parenthood’s credit, staff at one of those 92 locations that doesn’t offer prenatal care did have the presence of mind to refer a client to a local pro-life pregnancy center. A blind squirrel can occasionally find a nut, after all.

Undercover Video Exposes Deep Contradiction at the Heart of Planned Parenthood

Huh. Well, there goes that narrative.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm leery of things like this since those folks who secretly recorded Planned Parenthood got busted & convicted. They'd edited videos to suit their agenda. Source posted is obv. right-wing so Idk how reliable it is.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if I can find the thread where I dug into Planned Parenthood's public records, along with information from the CDC to show that:
  • Planned Parenthood is responsible for more abortions in American than any other organization (and over a third of the total abortions).
  • Planned Parenthood receives the majority of its income from providing abortion services.
  • If a pregnant woman visits a planned parenthood location, it's all but certain that she's going to get an abortion.
I'm not going to repeat the analysis because it took quite some time to put everything together, and the end result last time was supporters of Planned Parenthood linking to Planned Parenthood's own claim that the majority of what they did was not abortion (with no indication of how "what they did" was even counted). This, in their minds, was ironclad proof that Planned Parenthood had very little to do with abortion, tax records, abortions statistics and so on be damned.

The fact is that most people don't want to see the actual data, they just want their talking points.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
A graphic at the end of Live Action’s video shows that the corporation “performs” nearly 35 percent of all abortions in the U.S. compared with less than 2 percent of breast exams, less than 1 percent of pap smears, and less than two percent of cancer screenings.

In fact, another video Live Action released back in January caught 92 Planned Parenthood locations admitting the fact that they do not offer prenatal care, which is in direct contradiction to spurious, repeated claims by company CEO Cecile Richards.

To Planned Parenthood’s credit, staff at one of those 92 locations that doesn’t offer prenatal care did have the presence of mind to refer a client to a local pro-life pregnancy center. A blind squirrel can occasionally find a nut, after all.

I wouldn't trust Live Action videos if they showed the sky being blue. Anyone who is willing to compromise their principles in order to fight a perceived evil has already lost.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't trust Live Action videos if they showed the sky being blue. Anyone who is willing to compromise their principles in order to fight a perceived evil has already lost.

If you have evidence that contradicts this, and isn't simply PP claims, I am interested in seeing them.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you have evidence that contradicts this, and isn't simply PP claims, I am interested in seeing them.

The only evidence I've seen of "editing" is that they posted versions where they did not include the entire raw footage (usually an hour or longer). It's true that that's editing, but it's not as clear how it is inherently deceptive, unless you are willing to say that literally every broadcast news show is inherently deceptive.

But that's all that's really required to "debunk" something when people are looking for an excuse not to listen.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's a response to Rion.

And his post was about the actions (and inactions) of Planned Parenthood.

You posted a link to an analysis of the economic effects of the AHCA.

What's the connection between these topics?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
And his post was about the actions (and inactions) of Planned Parenthood.

You posted a link to an analysis of the economic effects of the AHCA.

What's the connection between these topics?

There is a section in the report on the effect of the AHCA's defunding of planned parenthood. It covers some of the effect this would have on women's health care.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is a section in the report on the effect of the AHCA's defunding of planned parenthood. It covers some of the effect this would have on women's health care.

Since that appears on page 23, you might want to be a bit more specific when posting such things. I read far in links than most people do, but even I'm not willing to read over twenty pages just to see if something might be relevant.

In any case, all it says is that pregnancy rates may increase. It's pretty obvious that if less babies are killed in the womb more are going to come to term. There is some discussion of how that could affect the budget (some increases to medicare spending to cover pregnancies in low-income family, but less than the savings gained by pulling Planned Parenthood's funding) but I'm not sure how that is relevant to the current discussion.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make from this. The claim is that Planned Parenthood performs a significant number of the abortions in the nation, and that their services in other areas are lacking, despite their claims. None of the economic analysis that you've linked to seems to either confirm or refute this, it's almost completely irrelevant.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Since that appears on page 23, you might want to be a bit more specific when posting such things. I read far in links than most people do, but even I'm not willing to read over twenty pages just to see if something might be relevant.

In any case, all it says is that pregnancy rates may increase. It's pretty obvious that if less babies are killed in the womb more are going to come to term. There is some discussion of how that could affect the budget (some increases to medicare spending to cover pregnancies in low-income family, but less than the savings gained by pulling Planned Parenthood's funding) but I'm not sure how that is relevant to the current discussion.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make from this. The claim is that Planned Parenthood performs a significant number of the abortions in the nation, and that their services in other areas are lacking, despite their claims. None of the economic analysis that you've linked to seems to either confirm or refute this, it's almost completely irrelevant.

I was not trying to make any point. Rion asked if I had anything to rebut the article he posted. I told him I did not and had no interest in taking the time to track it down since I find the source suspect. I posted the link since he asked for non planned parenthood sources and I thought of the CBO since they are non partisan.

Upvote 0

Abraxos

Christ is King
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,316.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I watched one of their videos about this well known narrative that PP only 3% of their services were abortions. It was very informative and their facts were straight off a PP's own website. Live Action just dug a little deeper into the numbers. This isn't some lie or some trickery or whatever as some well known liberal friendly media outlets confirmed it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Abraxos

Christ is King
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,316.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do not understand pro-birthers at all.
I can understand if you don't really care about the facts; facts are like kryptonite to the left. This kind of lefty hysteria vs the "lying and evil" conservatives is a fairly new concept to me, and I have never seen it more potent than on this website (a Christian website for that matter). It is surreal to say the least and something that even Christians are willing participates in this game of accepting fibs over facts.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

People lie. And abortions are legal. So I don't see the issue. Unless you like the hanger in private parts . To kill unborn fetuses. Or botched abortions.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
People lie. And abortions are legal. So I don't see the issue. Unless you like the hanger in private parts . To kill unborn fetuses. Or botched abortions.

Many people still have issues with the intentional murder of babies, even if it has been declared legal.

Planned Parenthood is aware of this, which is why they try to pretend to only tangentially be involved with abortions whenever possible, but in fact the top provider in the nation, and would quickly go out of business if they didn't have a constant demand for making babies dead.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Many people still have issues with the intentional murder of babies, even if it has been declared legal.

Murder is a legal term, a subset of illegal killings. There's no such thing as legal murder. Or to put it on your words, many people have an issue with the intentional misuse of emotive language.

Upvote 0