Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The fix would be to remove the lust for power and money from the hearts of the leaders. Only God can do that,
This is off-topic (should be in the Christian part of the forum) so this will be my last post about the matter.

What you mention is the problem, let someone else do it. I think the voters, churches, and Christian organizations should have held our politicians and media accountable, you know the salt of the earth. Bush lied about Iraq and look at the problems we have today we turned a blind eye to it. When I heard lies from the left I crawled in a box and listened to media that I thought was truthful. The real hate speech is lies because lies do no one any good.
The Russia Ukraine conflict is being fought for the same reason every other war in history was fought. It's always due to the lust for power, money and territory.
Yes, I blame the USA for the problems we have today but I sat quiet and allowed it to happen due to my ignorance. If every Christian told our politicians no more war do you think we'll have war? No more coercing countries to conform to our ideology. Regime change. Just allow other cultures to be themselves instead of dictating our virtues. I used to work with people I didn't like but still got along and we should force our politicians to work together. Christians are caught up in the tribalism. Maybe Congress's approval rating would go up.

Ordinary people don't really get to choose our leaders, we just get the choice to choose between 2 candidates.
I just clicked the republican button and didn't care about the person's character. Like I used to say, I'm voting for the lesser of two evils. Sadly I popped my head out too late, I had a heart attack over worrying about my nation and what going on in the world, and upset about what I left my kids and grandkids.

The fight we fight is against flesh and blood maybe because it's easier to attack people, homosexuality, people who desire abortions, immigrants, and Muslims... Where's the love thy neighbor in that? We dictate our beliefs to our neighbors, thus the whole world hates us for it. While we allow satans system to run wild with greedy cooperation suppressing wages.The healthcare cabal. Media is a prostitute for corporation's advertisement money. Wars for defense corporations. Several here talk about corporatism but we won't tell our politicians to stop playing pocket pool.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There's a reason why Russia's population is forecast to drop to levels similar to during Tsarist Russia around 2050.
The US in 2015:
iu

Immigration has greatly alleviated the mess we see in some other nations. Compare with Russia and you see why Putin is in a horrible dilemma; if he keeps killing off young Russian men and more of them flee Russia if they can, things will get much worse.

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
As a Boomer I watched it happen so what is the fix now?
Prayer. God stands up kings and casts them down. Slowly sometimes. Quickly other times. We have to be careful about not supporting our government. Paul told us to during Roman times when they were horrible Christians.

So pray for Biden, Haris, Blinken, Zelensky, and all their subordinates.

Peace and Blessings

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
... The fix would be to remove the lust for power and money from the hearts of the leaders. Only God can do that, but the awful truth is God has turned them over to serve their lust. As a consequence, we won't see peace, righteousness and prosperity until the Prince of peace returns to rule the world. ...

It is even more than that. They have seared their conscience against the lies and evil that they are involved in and perpetuating. I don't think we are at the point where the Holy Spirit is taken away and God delivers them over to serve their lusts. They do this themselves in the face of an active and loving Holy Spirit here with us to prevent and hold back everyone's sin from going full bore—even us Christians.

Peace and Blessings.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Russia sent their troops into Ukraine and started shooting and bombing people.
No one was attacking Russia. Russia instigated this war. If they didn't send their troops in, there would be no war.

LOL. Russia are losing. Their weapons are outdated, their soldiers are weak, untrained and unmotivated. Most of them end up dead.
If Russia keep sending them, the Ukrainians will keep killing them. Kill 'em all.
I enjoy watching them die on Youtube. Tanks rolling in, little bombs dropped from drones, Top pops off, Russian goes flying in the air. Good times!
For the record, I support Ukraine .

Now, on to other matters. This is amazing that so many approve of the vile sentiments in this post. I have been reported for calling some leftist politician ( like Biden) a knucklehead or something once in a blue moon. One wonders who really sets the standards at times.

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
For the record, I support Ukraine .

Now, on to other matters. This is amazing that so many approve of the vile sentiments in this post. I have been reported for calling some leftist politician ( like Biden) a knucklehead or something once in a blue moon. One wonders who really sets the standards at times.

Judge them by their words.

Peace and Blessings

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Now, on to other matters. This is amazing that so many approve of the vile sentiments in this post.
I can understand how Ukrainian civilians who have had hospitals, schools, and shopping centers targeted by Russian missiles would hate Russians and celebrate their deaths.

Doesn't make it right.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I can understand how Ukrainian civilians who have had hospitals, schools, and shopping centers targeted by Russian missiles would hate Russians and celebrate their deaths.

Doesn't make it right.
There were no references to any Ukrainian people in the post I objected to. It was exclusively towards the individual who posted it.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There were no references to any Ukrainian people in the post I objected to. It was exclusively towards the individual who posted it.
True. And you're right about in any case about celebrating the killing of people. I'm just pointing out why so many Ukrainians hate Russians and are pleased when they are killed. It's not good for them, either, but at least in their case, it's understandable.

Edit: I don't know if the person celebrating the killing of Russian invaders is Ukrainian or not. But we should never celebrate killing.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The temperature is rising.
All Putin has to do is cease his aggression against another nation, and it goes away.

Not all of it, of course; Sweden and Finland will be part of NATO now, no matter what Putin does. And Ukrainians will probably hate Russians for a very long time to come. This didn't turn out the way he had hoped, but he might be able to find a way out that doesn't lead to a bigger disaster for him.

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,680.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the face of Russian forces "advancing on the corpses of their own soldiers with a 10-to-1 shell advantage, under constant bombardment", Ukrainian forces have been forced to retreat from Avdiivka.

Ukraine ordered the complete withdrawal from the decimated city of Avdiivka before dawn on Saturday, surrendering a position that had been a military stronghold for the better part of a decade, in the face of withering Russian assault.

“Based on the operational situation around Avdiivka, in order to avoid encirclement and preserve the lives and health of servicemen, I decided to withdraw our units from the city and move to defense on more favorable lines,” Gen. Oleksandr Syrsky, Ukraine’s top military commander, said in a statement issued overnight.

The fall of Avdiivka, a city that was once home to some 30,000 people but is now a smoking ruin, is the first major gain Russian forces have achieved since last May. After rebuffing a Ukrainian counteroffensive in the summer and fall, Russian forces in recent weeks have been pressing the attack across nearly the entire length of the 600-mile-long front.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ukraine ordered the complete withdrawal from the decimated city of Avdiivka before dawn on Saturday, surrendering a position that had been a military stronghold for the better part of a decade, in the face of withering Russian assault.
We have other NATO countries to provide arms. Not looking good for the home team.

"As the battle for Avdiivka intensified, Ukrainian commanders fighting in the area were forced to ration ammunition, soldiers said. White House officials have seized on similar accounts to assert that the failure to pass a $60 billion renewed military aid package in Congress was directly undermining the Ukrainians’ fight on the ground."

I think this is the most dangerous problem for Ukraine. What good is armament if there aren't people to use them?

"The Ukrainian government is also struggling to recruit and mobilize soldiers to fill its depleted ranks after two years of often brutal fighting."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums