UFC strikes lucrative new sponsorship with Bud Light in deal reportedly worth more than $100 million

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
“Anheuser-Busch and Bud Light were UFC’s original beer sponsors more than 15 years ago,” UFC CEO Dana White said in a press release. “I’m proud to announce we are back in business together. There are many reasons why I chose to go with Anheuser-Busch and Bud Light, most importantly because I feel we are very aligned when it comes to our core values and what the UFC brand stands for. I’m looking forward to all of the incredible things we will do in the years ahead.”
People can make a difference.

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

[a] deal reportedly worth more than $100 million​

“I’m proud to announce we are back in business together. There are many reasons why I chose to go with Anheuser-Busch and Bud Light, most importantly because..." Cha-ching!

Com' on. It's all about the money. We're not stupid. I mean getting drunk and fighting are kind of the brand, but it's mostly the money.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
“I’m proud to announce we are back in business together. There are many reasons why I chose to go with Anheuser-Busch and Bud Light, most importantly because..." Cha-ching!

Com' on. It's all about the money. We're not stupid. I mean getting drunk and fighting are kind of the brand, but it's mostly the money.
Yes, the people boycotted and hit them in their pockets. That was the whole point of the boycott. Hopefully more people will stand up to the woke culture.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, the people boycotted and hit them in their pockets. That was the whole point of the boycott. Hopefully more people will stand up to the woke culture.
What exactly had they done wrong that needed a boycott in the first place and, what’s changed that you can now safely go back to buying from the same company?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

If all one need do is switch brands of malted beverage to swill, (to prove one’s MAGA bona fides) no wonder “conservatism“ is popular.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What exactly had they done wrong that needed a boycott in the first place and, what’s changed that you can now safely go back to buying from the same company?
The company was conned by the woke crowd, a crowd that is about control. A crowd that imposes their views on others. The same thing happened to Disney.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The company was conned by the woke crowd, a crowd that is about control. A crowd that imposes their views on others. The same thing happened to Disney.
Conned? Conned into doing what? What did the “woke crowd” make them do and what force did they use to do it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
“Anheuser-Busch and Bud Light were UFC’s original beer sponsors more than 15 years ago,” UFC CEO Dana White said in a press release. “I’m proud to announce we are back in business together. There are many reasons why I chose to go with Anheuser-Busch and Bud Light, most importantly because I feel we are very aligned when it comes to our core values and what the UFC brand stands for. I’m looking forward to all of the incredible things we will do in the years ahead.”
People can make a difference.
Cancel culture strikes again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The IbanezerScrooge

Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
This doesn't make any sense. I don't know what you're trying say. UFC is being paid money by AB to advertise/sponser UFC, in return they are getting advertising space and exposure. What does any of this have to do with people boycotting Bud Light or "woke culture"? Sounds like a great deal for everyone involved and like the opposite of a boycott.

I mean, if they had already had a deal with AB and dropped them to make a deal with, say, Modelo, then that would make sense, but that's not what is happening. So idk what point you're trying to make about this deal.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Bud Lite isn't even good beer, it's watered down flavorless.
There's something that we can agree on. I do really like Bud Light Lime, though. I probably offset a good chunk of any effect of a boycott by myself with as much as I buy of that, lol!

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,813.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There's something that we can agree on. I do really like Bud Light Lime, though. I probably offset a good chunk of any effect of a boycott by myself with as much as I buy of that, lol!
Bud light apple is really good too

Upvote 0