Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(OSV News) — Two U.S. prelates are urging an “immediate and total” ceasefire in the war that has convulsed the Gaza Strip for more than 100 days, while condemning Hamas and urging the release of Israeli hostages taken by the Palestinian militants.

In a Jan. 17 joint statement, Cardinal Robert W. McElroy of San Diego and Archbishop John C. Wester of Santa Fe, New Mexico, said the “tens of thousands” of deaths resulting from the Israel-Hamas war and the risk of wider escalation “calls us as Americans to press for a national policy which is focused unswervingly” on ending the conflict.

The war itself was sparked by Hamas’ Oct. 7 surprise attack — coinciding with a Sabbath and Jewish holiday — on some 22 locations in Israel. Hamas members gunned down hundreds of civilians and took 253 hostages, according to Israel, including infants, the elderly and people with disabilities. Of those, 105 were later released by Hamas during a six-day ceasefire in November. The Israeli military reported that 27 hostages have been killed since the Oct. 7 attack, the worst in the modern state of Israel’s history.

Continued below.

• Prayers
Reactions: Laodicean60

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,476.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Frankly, who cares with those people think? They aren’t fighting for their lives and their nation. They aren’t having to deal with Palestinian civilians, who put their children at risk by letting bombs and terrorists hide in their homes and daycares and schools and hospitals. They put their children at great risk by building death tunnels under all those places, even under children’s bedrooms!

People talk about Israel committing genocide. Really? Palestinians, and Muslims
all around the world, teach their tender little children to want to genocide every Jew in Israel, every Jew in the world, and also Christians and Americans.

It’s either going to be Hamas or Israel and Israel knows that well. I vote for Israel because they don’t want to kill me. And because the Bible says that Israel is the land of the Almighty.

If anyone wants to argue about all that, sorry, I don’t. I’ve done my research and they can do theirs. So arguing would be a waste of time.

Upvote 0