• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Two specific questions about potential sins

Discussion in 'St. Basil the Great's Hall' started by JCRZ, Jul 3, 2020.

1. JCRZ

JCRZ New Member

+3
    Poland
    Catholic
    Single
    I posted this on the Christian Advice subforum but I was advised to ask on the The Ancient Way subforum.

There's a memory that has been haunting me lately.
    That was a few years ago, I was a young teenager at that time. Pretty immature. I was playing a video game and noticed one or two other players were Muslims. I don't remember the reason (may have been just aversion towards their faith...), but I remember I wrote "Allah is a b**tch" in the chat. Have I insulted our Lord? That would be a great sin. I'm in internal conflict on this. One side is giving the argument that "Allah" is Arabic for "God", the other one stresses that I was talking about the god the Muslims believe in and not Christians. I tried to check whether Christians consider Muslims to believe in the same God, but I don't remember finding a clear answer.
    I regret my action in any case, but was it a sin or was it just immature behavior?

My second question is related Eastern Orthodox Church music. I want to convert to Orthodoxy in near future, and I find the Church music very beautiful. I catch myself singing or buzzing it during daily activities, like vacuuming, taking a shower and even going to the toilet (I'm so ashamed to admit this). Is this involuntary sacrilege? I think it is, but I would like to hear someone else's opinion, preferably the Orthodox stance.

Please help, I feel I can't have a proper confession without sorting these issues out.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Leet

Leet Newbie

+239
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Allah isn't the CHRISTian/true God, so do not worry. :hug:
    Someone orthodox can answer the second part.

3. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+3,284
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yes you have. At the very least, you made a statement with the intention of hurting the one you made the statement too. For the extremely religious, it could be damaging to their mental health to say this about their god..... if you do that about christ here, you would be banned without question. What do we think about those who sign on here and make statements like that against our belief?

The bigger question is, what would move one to attack the someone's belief without cause? To trample on something that we know another holds dear just because we don't feel the same about it.

Have you done it to God? I'd say yes. What you do unto the least, you have done it unto me, said Jesus. If you refused to visit one in jail..... you refused to visit Him.
    It was both.
    Yes.....what a man thinkest in his heart, so is he. Nothing I can say otherwise, would change this fact.

4. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+14,294
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    have you insulted the Lord? no, but using that language is sinful.

and is it wrong to sing doing mundane things? not at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. All4Christ

All4Christ ✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙ CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+6,858
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I concur with @ArmyMatt

Regarding the music, it is a wonderful thing to have church music going through your head during daily activities. It is a way to pray, to remember scripture and to keep God in your mind, even unconsciously.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List