Strzyżów
✟24,693.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I posted this on the Christian Advice subforum but I was advised to ask on the The Ancient Way subforum.

There's a memory that has been haunting me lately.
That was a few years ago, I was a young teenager at that time. Pretty immature. I was playing a video game and noticed one or two other players were Muslims. I don't remember the reason (may have been just aversion towards their faith...), but I remember I wrote "Allah is a b**tch" in the chat. Have I insulted our Lord? That would be a great sin. I'm in internal conflict on this. One side is giving the argument that "Allah" is Arabic for "God", the other one stresses that I was talking about the god the Muslims believe in and not Christians. I tried to check whether Christians consider Muslims to believe in the same God, but I don't remember finding a clear answer.
I regret my action in any case, but was it a sin or was it just immature behavior?

My second question is related Eastern Orthodox Church music. I want to convert to Orthodoxy in near future, and I find the Church music very beautiful. I catch myself singing or buzzing it during daily activities, like vacuuming, taking a shower and even going to the toilet (I'm so ashamed to admit this). Is this involuntary sacrilege? I think it is, but I would like to hear someone else's opinion, preferably the Orthodox stance.

Please help, I feel I can't have a proper confession without sorting these issues out.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have I insulted our Lord?
Yes you have. At the very least, you made a statement with the intention of hurting the one you made the statement too. For the extremely religious, it could be damaging to their mental health to say this about their god..... if you do that about christ here, you would be banned without question. What do we think about those who sign on here and make statements like that against our belief?

The bigger question is, what would move one to attack the someone's belief without cause? To trample on something that we know another holds dear just because we don't feel the same about it.

Have you done it to God? I'd say yes. What you do unto the least, you have done it unto me, said Jesus. If you refused to visit one in jail..... you refused to visit Him.
I regret my action in any case, but was it a sin or was it just immature behavior?
It was both.
(I'm so ashamed to admit this). Is this involuntary sacrilege? I think it is,

Yes.....what a man thinkest in his heart, so is he. Nothing I can say otherwise, would change this fact.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I posted this on the Christian Advice subforum but I was advised to ask on the The Ancient Way subforum.

There's a memory that has been haunting me lately.
That was a few years ago, I was a young teenager at that time. Pretty immature. I was playing a video game and noticed one or two other players were Muslims. I don't remember the reason (may have been just aversion towards their faith...), but I remember I wrote "Allah is a b**tch" in the chat. Have I insulted our Lord? That would be a great sin. I'm in internal conflict on this. One side is giving the argument that "Allah" is Arabic for "God", the other one stresses that I was talking about the god the Muslims believe in and not Christians. I tried to check whether Christians consider Muslims to believe in the same God, but I don't remember finding a clear answer.

My second question is related Eastern Orthodox Church music. I want to convert to Orthodoxy in near future, and I find the Church music very beautiful. I catch myself singing or buzzing it during daily activities, like vacuuming, taking a shower and even going to the toilet (I'm so ashamed to admit this). Is this involuntary sacrilege? I think it is, but I would like to hear someone else's opinion, preferably the Orthodox stance.

Please help, I feel I can't have a proper confession without sorting these issues out.

I concur with @ArmyMatt

Regarding the music, it is a wonderful thing to have church music going through your head during daily activities. It is a way to pray, to remember scripture and to keep God in your mind, even unconsciously.

Upvote 0