Spirit
✟46,033.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Every believer in Christ is a member of the body of Christ called His Church. Denominations are just local communities with their own worship style preference or emphasis on particular doctrines.
Denominations or labels don't matter.
As a believer you are already a member of the Church of Christ.

Pray daily for forgiveness.

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Every believer in Christ is a member of the body of Christ called His Church. Denominations are just local communities with their own worship style preference or emphasis on particular doctrines.

Beautiful answer.

I would only add that when you ask forgiveness for a certain sin, you need only ask once, with a truly sorry heart. God is faithful to forgive and not hard of hearing. ;) In general, yes, pray daily for forgiveness, for so many times we sin and are not even aware of it.

Upvote 0

ExodusMe

Rough around the edges
Jan 30, 2017
Washington State
✟34,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1. Should I be demoninational or be in a non-demoninational Church

2. Do I have to pray for forgiveness more than once? How does this work?
One day you will look back on these questions and laugh.

#2 post pretty much answers it though

Reactions: introverteen
Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Welcome to CF. :wave:

1. Yes, it's one or the other.
2. Yes, everyday.

Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This is a good answer.

Personally, I think being part of a denomination depends on your preference. I think it's stupid that we fight over the minor differences in churches, like how one church uses instruments and the other doesn't and that's how people choose their church:doh::rolleyes:. Little arguments like that bother me because they focus on personal preferences rather than what we should focus on: the LORD Jesus Christ. As long as you find a church family that you can have fellowship with and grow closer to God with, I don't think it matters whether you choose a denominational or non-denominational church. Just go where you believe God is calling you.

Upvote 0

Mrs.PGL

Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2015
windsor ontario
✟69,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

OK I'll stick my nose in here.
You can go to a "denominational" church or "non-denominational".
A denominational church will have guidelines set from higher than the pastor - or deacons and the "body" in that church will agree to them, and be responsible when deviating from them.
There will be a higher authority to keep the pastor from swaying into unknown regions or if he does, help for the situation.

A non-denominational church may not have these standards, or anything concrete that cannot be changed when the pastor, or the deacons change their mind. There is no governing authority to help the pastor if he falls out of line. It is much easier to accept wrong teaching, or actions in these assemblies with no one to be responsible to.

Prayer......I am a firm believer that the Lord hears all of our prayers, when saved. If you have been bothered a second time, confess it again...if it continues more than that, ignore it. The Lord may have a different lesson from the incident, as not all incidents of sin are one error.
God bless you in your journey with Christ.

Reactions: PKFox
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
While there are exceptions to everything, denominational is normally better because the church and the pastor are not self-authorizing and without any supervision from higher levels. This is key to keeping standards up, insuring that only trained and approved people are called as ministers, there is someone to arbitrate local disputes, having sound doctrine, and so on. Non-denoms, in fact, are often started by the pastor himself, and the church is whatever he wants to teach and do.

Do I have pray for forgiveness more than once? How does this work?
From what the Bible teaches, yes, we ought to. We do sin, even after receiving Christ as Lord, so there's always a need to repent and pray. This, by the way, does not mean that our salvation is in doubt, once we have accepted Christ as Savior.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums