Two neo-Nazis from 'the Base' given 9 years for terrorist plot to overthrow US government

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The idea of having a name like "The Base" is to sound sinister and powerful. May The Force kick your Base.
Might have in the fifties maybe. Too many drug and cookery associations to work now I reckon tho. But they are as dumb as ****, so expectations should be low.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
For someone who proclaims to not care about this subject,

I don't?

I don't recall saying I don't care....but I'm sure you have some specific examples you could come up with to explain what you mean. I would say that generally, my concern for being demonized as a sort of "cause" for all the social ills of society by the political rhetoric of the left....for no reason other than the fact of my skin color, genitalia, and other immutable traits is a bit of an issue for me.

Yeah, she sucks. So does her organization. I'm glad to say I don't know anyone who ever supported her.

Really? I know a lot of people who did....many on this very forum.

Thankfully, the BLM movement and the organization with the same name aren't the same thing.

I hear that a lot and I do wonder what you mean by it.

I also think there's a "movement" and an "organization". The organization is the few individuals who profit from the movement. They create the slogans, they come up with the message, they make the demands..demands....

The movement are those people simply so foolish as to go out and protest at the behest of the organization, or buy the t-shirts, or propagate the messages and slogans without even knowing what they mean. They do the work....voluntarily....of the organization.

Some of the unaffiliated movements have been smart enough to disassociate themselves by not using the name - such as Detroit Will Breathe - but leftists, for the most part, have always been terrible at branding.

Sure....there's tons of people trying their hand at activism. Your example however, wouldn't be considered part of the BLM "movement" would it?

No, it would require an unambiguous demonstration of the alleged incitement to a specific terroristic incident or incidents, attributed to either an individual or group of conspiring individuals. You can't charge anyone with terrorism on the evidence that "the left are easily duped". That's not a thing.

Right like when NYC says that they are going to empower the police and Hawk Newsome of BLM NY says they will have a repeat of 2020 and I don't remember exactly how he put it...."burn this expletive down"....or something like that.

They also catch the occasional serial killer

I thought there was a significant decrease in serial killers.

and they recognize that "antifa" is not an organization.

It's not?

So, I would say they get just barely enough things right to justify their existence.

I think they're being politicized to a dangerous extent.

When you consider that they are actively targeting parents for being concerned about their children's education....but don't seem to be busy enough to stop actual terrorists or even concerned about the likes of Newsome....there's a problem.

Also, I'm glad you mentioned black communities.

I did.

You don't care and are just moralistically bloviating by bringing it up,

No...I do care. I know this nation is filled with people who have short memories. In 5 years there will be complaints about no jobs, services, businesses in these communities. The reason why will be attributed to anything but the cause....the burning and looting of businesses in 2020.

but for anyone reading along who does care, here is a national database of black-owned businesses for you to support,

Black Owned Business Directory and App | NationalBlackGuide.com

Here's one specific to my area (New England) if you happen to live here,

the Black Directory

This doesn't seem horribly racist to you? Should white people support "white owned" businesses? Asians, Latinos and everyone else do the same?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
For the last time, the topic is 'The Base'.

Well perhaps you'll find a poster who has something to say about this previously unheard of terrorist organization other than jokes about their name.

Otherwise it's a bit of a dead topic. No one supports white supremacist terrorist organizations.

Upvote 0