JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please read post #312 (Deuteronomy 30:14 & Romans 10:8)

Please use scripture, not scripture references.

What is your point?

I have shown from the scriptures that the law of Moses was abolished in His flesh, nailed to the cross, and taken out of the way.

Plain and simple.

No more animal sacrifices.

No more being under the Levitical Priesthood.

I have also shown from the scriptures were the law of Moses was not of faith.

JLB

Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Please use scripture, not scripture references.

What is your point?

I have shown from the scriptures that the law of Moses was abolished in His flesh, nailed to the cross, and taken out of the way.

Plain and simple.

No more animal sacrifices.

No more being under the Levitical Priesthood.

I have also shown from the scriptures were the law of Moses was not of faith.

JLB
The word of faith is the law of Moses (Deuteronomy 30:14 & Romans10:8). Paul the Pharisee is quoting Deuteronomy 30:14 when he wrote Romans 10:8.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Deuteronomy 30:14 & Romans 10:8. The word of faith that is being preached by Paul the son of a Pharisee is the law of Moses.

The word of faith being referred to by the Apostle Paul is the Gospel.

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:8-10

Please stop promoting another Gospel.

Please stop twisting the scriptures.

The law os Moses is not of faith.

Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.” Galatians 3:12

Can you read?

• Yet the law is not of faith

The law of Moses has been abolished.

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, Colossians 2:14-15

• having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances,

Do you believe that Christians must keep the law of Moses and become circumcised to be saved?

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The word of faith is the law of Moses (Deuteronomy 30:14 & Romans10:8). Paul the Pharisee is quoting Deuteronomy 30:14 when he wrote Romans 10:8.

Paul is quoting from Deuteronomy 30:14.

But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it. Deuteronomy 30:14

Deuteronomy demonstrates a principle, of how we repent, which is turn to the Lord.

The way we do this is to confess Jesus as Lord, YHWH, and believe God raised Him from the dead.

When we do this, we become dead to the law, being delivered from t, because it was nailed to the cross.

But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter. Romans 7:6

Do you believe a Christian must keep the law of Moses and become circumcised, in order to be saved?

JLB

Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it. Deuteronomy 30:14

Deuteronomy demonstrates a principle, of how we repent, which is turn to the Lord.

The way we do this is to confess Jesus as Lord, YHWH, and believe God raised Him from the dead.

When we do this, we become dead to the law, being delivered from t, because it was nailed to the cross.

But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter. Romans 7:6

Do you believe a Christian must keep the law of Moses and become circumcised, in order to be saved?

JLB
Do you pay your bills to be saved? What would happen if you refused to work or pay bills?

Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It’s a simple question.

Yes or No?
The wicked can not enter the kingdom of G-d. Have you read 1 Corinthians 6:9? Liars, thieves murderers and adulterers will not be "saved from sin". So you must keep the law of Moses to be "saved from sin" (Matthew 1:21). Circumcision from the heart is required to be "saved from sin". Romans 2:25

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

JLB
How can you continue to commit sin and truthfully claim to be "saved from sin"(Matthew 1:21)?

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The wicked can not enter the kingdom of G-d. Have you read 1 Corinthians 6:9? Liars, thieves murderers and adulterers will not be "saved from sin". So you must keep the law of Moses to be "saved from sin" (Matthew 1:21). Circumcision from the heart is required to be "saved from sin". Romans 2:25

What is your answer to my question?

Yes or No?

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How can you continue to commit sin and truthfully claim to be "saved from sin"(Matthew 1:21)?

Yes or No?

JLB

Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Yes or No?

JLB
Again, you must keep the law of Moses to be "saved from sin". The violation of the law is sin (1 John 3:4)

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again, you must keep the law of Moses to be "saved from sin". The violation of the law is sin (1 John 3:4)

So you believe a Christian must keep the law of Moses to be saved.

What animals did you sacrifice this week in Jerusalem?

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 John 3:4 Do you think murder is a sin?

Yes, and lying, and adultery and idolatry, and stealing...

What does this have to do with the law of Moses?

What laws and commandments did Abraham keep, 430 years before the law of Moses?

And I will make your descendants multiply as the stars of heaven; I will give to your descendants all these lands; and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.” Genesis 26:4-5

• Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.”

JLB

Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

JLB
Did Moses sacrifice animals in Jerusalem? Stop trying to teach things you don't practice or understand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and lying, and adultery and idolatry, and stealing...

What does this have to do with the law of Moses?

What laws and commandments did Abraham keep, 430 years before the law of Moses?

And I will make your descendants multiply as the stars of heaven; I will give to your descendants all these lands; and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.” Genesis 26:4-5

• Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.”

JLB
Did Moses receive the 10 commandments or law on that holy mountain?

Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
There is no such thing as “faith alone”.

Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. James 2:17

Faith alone; Faith by itself is dead.

JLB
James did not say that there was no such thing as "faith alone". James says that faith by itself is dead! In other words faith is made alive through good deeds.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did Moses sacrifice animals in Jerusalem? Stop trying to teach things you don't practice or understand.

Answer the question or stop teaching things you don’t understand.

JLB

Upvote 0