Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Abraham-Righteousness by Faith, Covenant sign of circumcision.
Isaac-child of promise-perpetuates Righteousness by Faith.
Two Covenants:
Jacob/Israel>Levi>Moses and Aaron>Sinai>Covenant by Law. Circumcision retained.
Jacob/Israel >Judah>David>Yeshua. Covenant: Faith of Christ. Spirit, not flesh.

Circumcision perpetuates the covenant with Jacob/Israel.
Righteousness of Abraham not imputed by the Law of Moses,
but the Faith of Abraham.

Seal of the Holy Spirit perpetuates the covenant with Israel>Judah>David. The Anointing.
Righteousness by Grace through Faith. The Anointing of Messiah.
By Promise>Isaac.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Old covenant: Abstain from evil.
New covenant: Do what is good.

Ephesians 4:28
"Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth."

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two Covenants:

Seal of the Holy Spirit perpetuates the covenant with Israel>Judah>David. The Anointing.
By Promise>Isaac.
Why is this under Controversial Christian Theology
And what exactly are you talking about?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Why is this under Controversial Christian Theology
Circumcision comes up in this forum incessantly. Particularly, in attempts to apply to Gentiles. Just responding to that argument that seems never ending in this forum.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Exhibit A
CLV. Hebrews 7:
11 If, indeed, then, perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for the people have been placed under law with it), what need is there still for a different priest to arise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not said to be according to the order of Aaron?
12 For, the priesthood being transferred, of necessity there is coming to be a transference of law also,
13 for He of Whom these things are said partakes of a different tribe, from which no one has given heed to the altar."
14 For it is taken for granted that our Lord has risen out of Judah, to which tribe Moses speaks nothing concerning priests,
15 And it is still more superabundantly sure, if a different priest is rising according to the likeness of Melchizedek,
16 Who has not come to be according to the law of a fleshy precept, but according to the power of an indissoluble life."
17 For He is attesting that "Thou art a priest for the eon according to the order of Melchizedek,
18 For, indeed, there is coming to be a repudiation of the preceding precept because it is weak and without benefit;"
19 for the law perfects nothing, yet it is the superinduction of a better expectation, through which we are drawing near to God."

• Agree
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Circumcision comes up in this forum incessantly. Particularly, in attempts to apply to Gentiles. Just responding to that argument that seems never ending in this forum.
I see.
Well, circumcision was for the Abrahamic Covenant.
It has been made better with the New Covenant...the sign of the New Covenant is either Baptism or Communion (this could be debated) so circumcision is no longer necessary. As attested to by the Apostles.

P.S. I believe baptism is the sign of the N.C.
but I'm not 100% sure!!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exhibit A
CLV. Hebrews 7:
11 If, indeed, then, perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for the people have been placed under law with it), what need is there still for a different priest to arise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not said to be according to the order of Aaron?
12 For, the priesthood being transferred, of necessity there is coming to be a transference of law also,
13 for He of Whom these things are said partakes of a different tribe, from which no one has given heed to the altar."
14 For it is taken for granted that our Lord has risen out of Judah, to which tribe Moses speaks nothing concerning priests,
15 And it is still more superabundantly sure, if a different priest is rising according to the likeness of Melchizedek,
16 Who has not come to be according to the law of a fleshy precept, but according to the power of an indissoluble life."
17 For He is attesting that "Thou art a priest for the eon according to the order of Melchizedek,
18 For, indeed, there is coming to be a repudiation of the preceding precept because it is weak and without benefit;"
19 for the law perfects nothing, yet it is the superinduction of a better expectation, through which we are drawing near to God."
Of course I accept exhibit A.
Although the above is speaking about the Mosaic Covenant.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Two Covenants:

By Promise>Isaac.

I created a thread here to answer this:

What is the sign of the New Covenant?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Of course I accept exhibit A.
Although the above is speaking about the Mosaic Covenant.
Yes, more so though, the transfer of the priesthood from Levi to the order of Melchizedek.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, more so though, the transfer of the priesthood from Levi to the order of Melchizedek.
What law would that be?
What is the transference of law?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
What law would that be?
What is the transference of law?
Leviticus instructions for sacrifices transferred to the work of the Holy Spirit according to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Apologies, I see that post lacked the proper scriptural reference: Hebrews 7:
Need for a New Priesthood
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
13 For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.
14 For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.
15 And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest
16 who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Leviticus instructions for sacrifices transferred to the work of the Holy Spirit according to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Apologies, I see that post lacked the proper scriptural reference: Hebrews 7:
Need for a New Priesthood
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
13 For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.
14 For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.
15 And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest
16 who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.
I could live without the proper scriptural reference,,,
I'm just not sure what you're saying. I can be pretty dense at times.

Are you saying Jesus is our new Priest?
As in the New Covenant?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Are you saying Jesus is our new Priest?
As in the New Covenant?
High Priest, to be exact. That is the theme of these chapters in Hebrews.
Hebrews 4:14. Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Referenced 17X in Hebrews

• Agree
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
CLV, Galatians 4:
21 Tell me, you who want to be under law, are you not hearing the law?
22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, one out of the maid and one out of the free woman."
23 But the one, indeed, out of the maid is begotten according to flesh, yet the one out of the free woman through the promise:"
24 which is allegorizing, for these women are two covenants; one, indeed, from mount Sinai, generating into slavery, which is Hagar."
25 Yet Hagar is mount Sinai in Arabia; it is in line with the Jerusalem which now is, for she is in slavery with her children."
26 Yet the Jerusalem above is free, who is mother of us all."
27 For it is written, "Be glad, barren one, who art not bringing forth! Burst forth and implore, thou who art not travailing! For many are the children of the desolate, Rather than of her who has the husband."
28 Now you, brethren, as Isaac, are children of promise."
29 But even as then, the one generated according to flesh persecuted the one according to spirit, thus also it is now." 3
But what is the scripture saying? Cast out this maid and her son, for by no means shall the son of the maid be enjoying the allotment with the son of the free woman."
31 Wherefore, brethren, we are not children of the maid, but of the free woman."
Tell me, you who want to be under law, children of the maid.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Paul uses the Law, to teach the Law of Faith:
Romans 10:
5 For Moses describes the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above)
7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Deuteronomy 30:
10. If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Paul uses the Law, to teach the Law of Faith:
Romans 10:
5 For Moses describes the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above)
7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Deuteronomy 30:
10. If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
Romans 9:
1 I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit,
2 that I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart.
3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh,
4 who are Israelites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises;
5 of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.
6 But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. For they are not all Israel who are of Israel,
7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham; but, “In Isaac your seed shall be called.”
That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God;
but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two Covenants:

By Promise>Isaac.

The following might be helpful to this discussion.

The New Covenant: Bob George

• Useful
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The following might be helpful to this discussion.

The New Covenant: Bob George

John 7:37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.
38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”
39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive;
for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Crucifixion>Resurrection>Ascension. Glorification of the Son of God, seated at the right hand
of the Father, with the authority to send the Holy Spirit to whosoever He Wills.

Acts 2:33. Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father
the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

He continues to be glorified in those who abide in that promised Holy Spirit.
John 17:10. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

The disciples could not walk in the New Covenant until after the day of Pentecost.
Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.

The Holy Spirit is the seal of the New Covenant.
Ephesians 1:13. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise.
Ephesians 4:30. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Without the promised Holy Spirit, no one would be able to fulfill the righteous requirements of The Law.
No would could receive the Blessedness of the Beatitudes. No one could love as we are loved by Him.
These are the verses that convinced me that I must be born again from above.

1 Peter 1:22, 23. Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever.
Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 7:37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.
38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”
39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive;
for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Crucifixion>Resurrection>Ascension. Glorification of the Son of God, seated at the right hand
of the Father, with the authority to send the Holy Spirit to whosoever He Wills.

Acts 2:33. Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father
the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

He continues to be glorified in those who abide in that promised Holy Spirit.
John 17:10. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

The disciples could not walk in the New Covenant until after the day of Pentecost.
Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.

The Holy Spirit is the seal of the New Covenant.
Ephesians 1:13. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise.
Ephesians 4:30. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Without the promised Holy Spirit, no one would be able to fulfill the righteous requirements of The Law.
No would could receive the Blessedness of the Beatitudes. No one could love as we are loved by Him.
These are the verses that convinced me that I must be born again from above.

1 Peter 1:22, 23. Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever.
Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.

You are correct. Jesus told Nicodemus a person must be "born-again" of the Spirit of God, in order to inherit the kingdom of God.

See the master teacher in the verses below.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. (From the promise of the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-34.)

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Acts 15:
And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written:
16 After this I will return and will rebuild the tabernacle of David,
which has fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins, and I will set it up;
17 So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord, even
all the Gentiles who are called by My name,
Says the Lord who does all these things.
18 Known to God from eternity are all His works.
19 Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among
the Gentiles who are turning to God.
Amos 9:
For surely I will command, and will sift the house of Israel among all nations,
As grain is sifted in a sieve; yet not the smallest grain shall fall to the ground.
10 All the sinners of My people shall die by the sword,
Who say, ‘The calamity shall not overtake nor confront us.’
11 On that day I will raise up The Tabernacle of David, which has fallen down,
and repair its damages; I will raise up its ruins, and rebuild it as in the days of old;
12 That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and all the Gentiles who are called by My name,
Says the Lord who does this thing.
Isaiah 16:
Take counsel, execute judgment; make your shadow like the night in the middle of the day;
Hide the outcasts, Do not betray him who escapes.
4 Let My outcasts dwell with you, O Moab;
Be a shelter to them from the face of the spoiler.
For the extortioner is at an end, Devastation ceases,
The oppressors are consumed out of the land.
5 In mercy the throne will be established;
And One will sit on it in truth, in the tabernacle of David,
Judging and seeking justice and hastening righteousness.

Two Covenants:

Upvote 0