• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Two arguments AGAINST intelligent design

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by tas8831, Jul 18, 2019.

1. tas8831

tas8831 Well-Known Member

+3,417
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    1. 2 million brain cells die every minute
    2. 14 billion synapses, the vital intersections between neurons Die every minute

h/t rockytopva

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Yennora

Yennora Buy the truth and sell it not. Pro 23:23

+402
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I think @rockytopva's thread was emphasizing on the existence of intelligence in the core of the design.

Here is an analogy. A super advanced electric racing car that is capable of driving itself but it keeps breaking down from time to time. The fact that the car can drive itself and the fact that it can hit high speeds efficiently is intelligent design. The fact that it breaks down a lot is corruption against that intelligent design.

According to the Christian standpoint on the creation of God. Adam & Eve, and all creation were perfect. The corruption to the intelligent design started occurring after the fall. However, the intelligent core was and is still clearly visible despite the corruption. @rockytopva was pointing to that intelligent core.

3. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+8,792
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Which, summed up, is not ID but just ordinary creationism.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,715
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    And your point is?......along with citations supporting your OP.

5. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+1,736
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    The truth is (according to the Lords word) the earth has been breaking down since the fall and is still doing so .. and will continue to do so until the Lord comes back.

Romans 8:22

For we know that up to the present time all of creation groans with pain, like the pain of childbirth.

As we know, a woman's labor pains increase and the pains' become closer together and more frequent.

So, yeah corruption (fall of mankind) against Gods intelligent design is happening and will continue to happen until He returns.

6. tas8831

+3,417
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    What is the intelligence behind designing something so poorly? I mean, yes, I get what he wanted his point to be, I just find pointing our a big flaw to have been pretty funny.
    Eh...
    I get that too, but it smacks of little more than a just-so story.
    This is what we see, let's cobble a tale to explain it, incorporating our deity.
    As I biologist, I see no intelligent core, and as discussion forum denizen, I know a poor analogy when I see one.

7. tas8831

+3,417
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Got those from a creationist. His post had no citations - well unless you count the page he plagiarized from.

My point? Creationists don't make very good arguments.

8. tas8831

+3,417
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Cool just so story.

There are very simple biological explanations for labor pains that do not require a deity's cruelty.