• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Twins with Autisim

Rainbow Girl

Feb 16, 2009
✟7,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone, nice to meet you all :)

I thought I'd introduce myself, I'm a mum to 4 gorgeous children. Twin girls aged 6 and one boy aged 8 soon to be 9 and a 23 year old son. My twin girls were diagnosed with Autism when they were 4 years old though one is more likely to be more Aspergers than autistic.

Speech delay one worse than the other and fine motor skills, one still in nappies and both very visual learners.

Both are being mainstreamed into school at the moment and seem to be coping well, we have good days and bad days as I'm sure you all well know :)

Any ways I just wanted to say hi and I'll look forward to catching up and getting to know everyone :)

x0X

Rainbow Girl

Feb 16, 2009
✟7,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it usually this quiet around here? I don't want to get my hopes up in the hope of talking to others with this if this is not an active thread, so can someone shed some light on whether or not this is active or fairly inactive other wise I'm gonna be popping in every day to just get more disappointed when no one replies :o(

Upvote 0

HazelAngel

A New Zealander that is proud of her country
May 13, 2007
Watching a Disney Movie
✟25,039.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
hello Rainbow and welcome here to the Autism and Aspergers Forums :) I am kinda a regular here at CF but go off now and again ;) Working on getting my next job ... which is 5,000 posts :D Anyhow its nice to see you here in this forum today :hug:

HazelAngel

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LadyAngel

Jun 14, 2004
✟171.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Hello rainbowgirl welcome to the forum
was just wondering are you a single parent?? because i can imagine how tough it must be looking after 4 kids.
I am a MSC student studying Social work. As part of my course I am required to do a research dissertation. Im currently doing a research study on the [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']The challenges and impact single parents face bringing up an autistic child
[/FONT]
Would it be fill in a quick questionnaire for me?? I can email it to you
The questionnaire is to get an idea of some of the challeges that you go face It should not take any longer then 5 minutes to fill in. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Upvote 0

LadyAngel

Jun 14, 2004
✟171.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Hello rainbowgirl welcome to the forum
was just wondering are you a single parent?? because i can imagine how tough it must be looking after 4 kids.
I am a MSC student studying Social work. As part of my course I am required to do a research dissertation. Im currently doing a research study on the The challenges and impact single parents face bringing up an autistic child

Would it be fill in a quick questionnaire for me?? I can email it to you
The questionnaire is to get an idea of some of the challeges that single autistic parents face It should not take any longer then 5 minutes to fill in. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Upvote 0