WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Dinosaurs - This was a fun show! The baby, especially, was funny.

She's the Sheriff -It starred Suzanne Somers as a widow named Hildy who took over the position of head sheriff that her late husband held. Typical storylines balanced between her job at the office and her home life, raising her two kids with the help of her mother, also a widow. I know it was considered by some to be a stinker, but I am probably one (of a very few) who didn't think so. Of course, if this program lasted too much longer, we wouldn't have had Step by Step, which was a pretty good show itself (but lasted much longer than Sheriff).

Brotherly Love - with the Lawrence brothers.

I just don't think some of these programs were given much of a chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: desmalia
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Oh... and The Wonder Years. I know it had a pretty good run of about 6 seasons, but it seemed kind of awkward to end it at Kevin's junior year. It would have been kind of nice to see him, Winnie, and Paul graduate. :)

Nevertheless, the finale was heartfelt, and the narration at the end of the episode sort of made it complete. It was nice that it ran as long as it did.

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone remember Camp Wilder? This is the one about the nurse who was a single mother of a six- or seven-year-old daughter, and also raising her own teenage siblings along with the daughter. I remember it as being a decent family sitcom, and that the Wilders (of the title) were a bit different than the average "nuclear" family of the typical family "dom-com".

Another program several years ago was Kirk. It starred Kirk Cameron as a cartoonist who raises his younger brothers and sisters as a family unit (seemed to be a fair number of these type of shows in the '90s).

Simon (another one-season wonder of the 1990s) was the story of two brothers who lived together who found themselves in the most unlikely situations in their day-to-day life. The title character Simon was as dumb as a box of rocks, yet somehow managed to land some sort of executive position (or something like that) at a TV station, while his intelligent brother (played by Jason Bateman) was jobless and stuck on welfare.

I personally think they ought to have a TV network somewhere that showcases all these underrated short-lived programs that never made it past three seasons. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.