✟129,064.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yup. Too soon.

No, it should have ended before the big cast changes. The show wasn't the same and went downhill fast. I hated Beau Bridges as the new general. I never came to care for the Lt Col Mitchell character. I loved Ben Browder as Crichton on Farscape so it wasn't him but what the writers gave him to work with.

I found Vala to be the only interesting character of the last few years but they rarely used her for anything other than comic relief. Sam Carter became ridiculous, smartest scientist in the world combined with SEAL team level combat skills.

So I would have been happier with a few less years of the show before it turned bad. (Note bad SG1 was still better than many if not most shows but not in comparison to what it once was).

Upvote 0

barefeetonholyground

CF member for 15 years!
Oct 26, 2003
Kitsap County, Washington
✟34,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Firefly is an obvious choice and I know it was already mentioned, but it can't be said enough.
Another one that ended too soon was Kyle XY.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Some shows are preempted so much that they can't hold on. People go to watch them and they aren't there after a few times of that they lose interest and the powers that be chop them because viewer attendance isn't there. House was one that kept being preempted. I expect shark tank will if they keep cancelling it. Then they move it to another time and no one can find them. Sheesh, get a clue you who kill the good programs. Chicago med was another one but it has clawed its way back but for how long I don't know. If the powers would just take all these things into consideration and also give a good long healthy time for them to establish themselves. JMO.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,449,767.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure its been mentioned.... Firefly. I keep waiting for some scifi western but it never happens. Closest thing was Cowboys and Aliens but that was an awful movie.

There is the much-celebrated anime Cowboy Bebop. It's a closed-ended series of 26 episodes. Really, really cool jazz opening sequence. Kind of SF+cowboy+noir detective.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is the much-celebrated anime Cowboy Bebop. It's a closed-ended series of 26 episodes. Really, really cool jazz opening sequence. Kind of SF+cowboy+noir detective.
My friend told me about that years ago. I actually watched the first few episodes a few months back. It wasn't to bad, though I never got around to finish the series.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My wife and I always pick out the tv shows each fall that look good to watch but by the end of the season, they get cancelled. These were some of our favorites (yes, most of them are supernatural or science fiction)

1. The Event NBC
2. The Crossing
3. Resurrection
4. The Whispers
5. some tv show on FOX about going back in time to start anew on earth (can't remember the name)
6. Timeless
7. Minority Report
8. Colony

Upvote 0