Tucker Carlson Chosen to Replace Bill O'Reilly

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I liked Bill O'Reilly despite his obvious faults. But in a political world based on taking your opponent off the board, Bill O'Reilly got whacked. It seems he couldn't keep his hands to himself and that cost him. The same media that protected Bill Clinton in the midst of rape allegations and him touching everything but the 3rd rail and including his DNA on a blue dress pounced on Bill O'Reilly when they finally found a weakness.

I liked how O'Reilly offered a counter to the effete and arrogant Jake Tappers of the world or the ever dour Rachel Madfows who sneeted at the working class and especially those of faith.

I like Tucker Carlson and I feel he can think on his feet and has a keen intellect.
His skills will be needed, the jackals lie in wait.

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I liked Bill O'Reilly despite his obvious faults. But in a political world based on taking your opponent off the board, Bill O'Reilly got whacked. It seems he couldn't keep his hands to himself and that cost him. The same media that protected Bill Clinton in the midst of rape allegations and him touching everything but the 3rd rail and including his DNA on a blue dress pounced on Bill O'Reilly when they finally found a weakness.

I liked how O'Reilly offered a counter to the effete and arrogant Jake Tappers of the world or the ever dour Rachel Madfows who sneeted at the working class and especially those of faith.

I like Tucker Carlson and I feel he can think on his feet and has a keen intellect.
His skills will be needed, the jackals lie in wait.

Hi Eastcoast, I liked the O'Reilly Factor as well, most of the time ;) And I agree with your take on his show, and that what he offered was important, but he's out: Fox News drops Bill O'Reilly in wake of harassment allegations

I'm not sure that Tucker is the right guy to fill his shoes however :scratch:

Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

If you had listened to what he had to say in entirety then you probably would refrain from posting sound bytes.

What he did say is that this type of behaviour is different for boys and girls. He stated that for girls this would be traumatic experience but for a 15 year old boy a lap dance by a hot teacher would be bragging rights. He further stated that for boys a common fantasy is to be seduced by a hot teacher.

Right or wrong aside. Most 15 year old boys would be declared a hero by his mates for the aforementioned scenario.

That being said I think it is wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: sparkle123
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Eastcoast, I liked the O'Reilly Factor as well, most of the time ;) And I agree with your take on his show, and that what he offered was important, but he's out: Fox News drops Bill O'Reilly in wake of harassment allegations

I'm not sure that Tucker is the right guy to fill his shoes however :scratch:

I feel that Tucker is the only one who can operate in the midst of the onslaught that will surely come. And make no mistake the minions at the NYT times are pouring through any and all past clips.

• Agree
Reactions: football5680
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I watched Bill O'Reilly every night just about, so it's sad to see him go. He's been a stable in my family for many years. My grandpa got me into watching him.

I can see both sides of the coin here. I don't think it's fair to cut someone because they get accused of something. We're innocent until proven guilty, but some people act like he's guilty until proven innocent. That doesn't mean he's innocent though either. I don't know the best way to handle these situations.

I like Tucker Carlson, but there's something off about him I don't like. He seems like a boyish version of Bill who's waiting to have his training wheels taken off. I'd love for Tomi Lahren to come in and have her own show after Fox lost two of their top women.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I watched Bill O'Reilly every night just about, so it's sad to see him go. He's been a stable in my family for many years. My grandpa got me into watching him.

I can see both sides of the coin here. I don't think it's fair to cut someone because they get accused of something. We're innocent until proven guilty, but some people act like he's guilty until proven innocent. That doesn't mean he's innocent though either. I don't know the best way to handle these situations.

I like Tucker Carlson, but there's something off about him I don't like. He seems like a boyish version of Bill who's waiting to have his training wheels taken off. I'd love for Tomi Lahren to come in and have her own show after Fox lost two of their top women.

I think she comes across as a ditz and lacks the gravitas. I think the main stream media would shred her.

Just my thoughts.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you had listened to what he had to say in entirety then you probably would refrain from posting sound bytes.

What he did say is that this type of behaviour is different for boys and girls. He stated that for girls this would be traumatic experience but for a 15 year old boy a lap dance by a hot teacher would be bragging rights. He further stated that for boys a common fantasy is to be seduced by a hot teacher.

Right or wrong aside. Most 15 year old boys would be declared a hero by his mates for the aforementioned scenario.

Not only wrong, disgusting. She did it for four minutes in front of a class. What is this nation collapsing into?

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I feel that Tucker is the only one who can operate in the midst of the onslaught that will surely come. And make no mistake the minions at the NYT times are pouring through any and all past clips.
Perhaps you are right. We shall see :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I watched, she was mainly concerned with flogging her book. When Tucker would press her on another topic she would remind him that was not what she was there to talk about.

Nothing revealing.
My thoughts exactly. I find either dealing with Bruce or Caitlyn, it appears that it is dealing with a very self absorbed personality.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
My thoughts exactly. I find either dealing with Bruce or Caitlyn, it appears that it is dealing with a very self absorbed personality.

Agree. I don't mind promoting the book but he should be willing to answer real questions. Those that called 0'Reilly rude sometimes didn't undetstand time constraints and that he was pushing the guest to answer the question and not fillibuster.

Bruce Jenner is about Bruce Jenner.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What he did say is that this type of behaviour is different for boys and girls. He stated that for girls this would be traumatic experience but for a 15 year old boy a lap dance by a hot teacher would be bragging rights.

Always?
If you or Tucker thinks there aren't plenty of teenage girls who would consider it bragging rights to have "seduced" their hot 24 year old teacher than you have no clue about the teenage population and how one group would feel or not.

He further stated that for boys a common fantasy is to be seduced by a hot teacher.

And because of that fantasy, an adult coercing that child into such action will have no detrimental effect on the child, and does not damage the child in any way?

Was that his argument?
Is it yours?

Which, again, proves its not damaging...how?

So if it were a girl, as long as she hangs out with friends who are egging her on to hit on "professor dreamy" and would consider her a hero if she succeeded, then it's not as bad?

But not wrong enough to condemn the apologists?

What if it was a gay teacher and gay student who would likewise see it as bragging rights?

Wrong but, hey the kid liked it and his friends thought it was cool, so.. ahh, fuggedaboudit...

This line of thinking makes me physically ill.

I have to say I'm shocked to see you promoting it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0