Sydney
✟29,108.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christians who don't believe in the inerrancy of the Bible are still Christians.

In the 80s we had an emergent threat that Dr Walter Martin coined "the Cult of Liberal Theology". Walter Martin in his research identiifed that Liberals speak like Jesus and appear to be clothed like Jesus with their lightly sprayed with Jesus religion, but what they failed to meet within the issue of biblical inerrancy is that they did not regard Jesus as the final authority when truly pressed by Dr Walter Martin.

Dr Walter Martin discovered in his research that the workings of Liberal theological considered truth to be subjective and determinant by the culture of the day who collaborate to arrive at a statement of belief that appeals to the practicality of their mutually agreed experiences.

Liberal theology would branch into diffrent groups in the 90s and 2000s, leading us to progressive liberalism which is the crux of the subjective cultural experiential truth based religion with the lightly sprayed with Jesus religiosity (godliness).

Liberalism rejects the inerrancy of scripture because they reject the primary cultural discourses of Jesus times and apply their own cultural discourses in place of the written word. So when scripture explicitly states that Jesus rejects certain lifestyles, they would overrule Jesus by their mutually agreed group authority that is based on their version of truth experiences.

From Wikipedia -

The style of Scripturalhermeneutics (interpretation of the Bible) within liberal theology is often characterized as non-propositional. This means that the Bible is not considered a collection of factual statements, but instead an anthology that documents the human authors' beliefs and feelings about God at the time of its writing, authors influenced by their own historical and cultural context

From Wikipedia -

Anglican and Protestant
Roman Catholic
Other

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In the 80s we had an emergent threat that Dr Walter Martin coined "the Cult of Liberal Theology". Walter Martin in his research identiifed that Liberals speak like Jesus and appear to be clothed like Jesus with their lightly sprayed with Jesus religion, but what they failed to meet within the issue of biblical inerrancy is that they did not regard Jesus as the final authority when truly pressed by Dr Walter Martin.

Dr Walter Martin discovered in his research that the workings of Liberal theological considered truth to be subjective and determinant by the culture of the day who collaborate to arrive at a statement of belief that appeals to the practicality of their mutually agreed experiences.

Liberal theology would branch into diffrent groups in the 90s and 2000s, leading us to progressive liberalism which is the crux of the subjective cultural experiential truth based religion with the lightly sprayed with Jesus religiosity (godliness).

Liberalism rejects the inerrancy of scripture because they reject the primary cultural discourses of Jesus times and apply their own cultural discourses in place of the written word. So when scripture explicitly states that Jesus rejects certain lifestyles, they would overrule Jesus by their mutually agreed group authority that is based on their version of truth experiences.

From Wikipedia -

The style of Scripturalhermeneutics (interpretation of the Bible) within liberal theology is often characterized as non-propositional. This means that the Bible is not considered a collection of factual statements, but instead an anthology that documents the human authors' beliefs and feelings about God at the time of its writing, authors influenced by their own historical and cultural context

From Wikipedia -

Anglican and Protestant
Roman Catholic
Other
I'm not saying that I disagree, but I am Orthodox and I could say that even Conservative Christians can be problematic.

Upvote 0

ToServe

Sep 18, 2018
Sydney
✟29,108.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Was the OP actually trying to understand? I've seen lots of attacks, but little understanding. I'd be happy to help if someone actually does want to understand.

I believe that Liberalism is a flagrant attack on the authority of Jesus Christ, attack on the authority of the disciples and the credal fathers, with the premeditation intent to white wash biblical inerrancy with anthology.

If Jesus said certain lifestyles are sinful, then the Liberal would say that Jesus was correct in his cultural context, but unfortunately he is wrong in our cultural context, because we are the ones to anthologically interpret truth according to our modern (modernity) cultural context.

So where does this leave the authority of Jesus to a Liberal?

Jesus is dethroned from his authority and the modern culture trumps his words, although he Being the word of God, means that man who trumps his word claims to be God (authority) in his place, whilst projecting a form of godliness yet denying the authority of God (Jesus Christ).

Liberal Theology has to be exposed for its fruits and its head authority figure is man/culture/experience (modernity) as opposed to the historic Jesus and his explicit instructions and commands.

Was I not loving to reveal the truth in our understanding of Liberal Theological networkings?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,151,107.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Was the OP actually trying to understand? I've seen lots of attacks, but little understanding. I'd be happy to help if someone actually does want to understand.
I believe that Liberalism is a flagrant attack on the authority of Jesus Christ, attack on the authority of the disciples and the credal fathers, with the premeditation intent to white wash biblical inerrancy with anthology.
So your answer is no. Got it. The OP was Jan 22, so I'm not sure the OP is still around.

• Agree
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Concord1968

LCMS Lutheran
Sep 29, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟30,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

If Jesus said certain lifestyle was sinful, then the Liberal would say that Jesus was correct in his cultural context, but unfortunately he is wrong in our cultural context, because we are the ones to anthologically interpret truth according to our modern (modernity) cultural context.

So where does that leave the authority of Jesus to a Liberal?

Jesus is dethroned from his authority and the modern culture trumps his words, although he Being the word of God, means that man who trumps his word claims to be God in his place, whilst projecting a form of godliness yet denying the authority of God (Jesus Christ).

Liberal Theology has to be exposed for its fruits and its head authority figure is man and not Jesus, though the language they use implies that Jesus is the head but they use this as a deceptive mind programming to delude the masses.

Was I not loving to reveal the truth in our understanding of Liberal Theological networkings?
Also known as the "Modernist Heresy".....

• Agree
Reactions: ToServe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToServe

Sep 18, 2018
Sydney
✟29,108.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So your answer is no. Got it. The OP was Jan 22, so I'm not sure the OP is still around.

We need to abide in Christ's truth and not in modernity's culturally accepted truths.

The friend of the world is an enemy of God and his Christ.

The answer is always Yes in Christ. The OP is around and will appreciate my reply.

Upvote 0

ToServe

Sep 18, 2018
Sydney
✟29,108.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Also known as the "Modernist Heresy".....

This type of religiosity leads to the New Age agenda. The New Age collective consciousness is a Liberal Theological cause and effect in play, in undermining Christ's authority by a collective conscious mind that subjectively promotes its truth as absolute over and above the Word of God. Therefore biblical inerrancy is a none issue for Liberal Theological networkings, because the words of Jesus are merely anthological to his applied cultural context and is not practical to the cultural modernity.

Liberal Theology and the New Age are racing together to remove what they deem the fundenentalist version of the historic Jesus and to replace him with their own Manikin Jesus versions in the plural sense, comprising of the heads of all other religions.

images (1).jpeg

Here is a book to read up for information on Credal Christianity in vast contrast to Liberal Manikin Jesus religion.

THE MANIKIN JESUS

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,510,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Can I gently remind folks that flaming is against the rules, including making personal attacks on other individuals or groups of members, and including stating or implying that others are not Christian.

Upvote 0

ToServe

Sep 18, 2018
Sydney
✟29,108.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can I gently remind folks that flaming is against the rules, including making personal attacks on other individuals or groups of members, and including stating or implying that others are not Christian.

Who are you protecting.

Upvote 0

ToServe

Sep 18, 2018
Sydney
✟29,108.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Or should I say whose authority are you protecting.

Much of what has been said about historical Liberal Theology is factual and referenced from different sources.

The accusation of flaming is dismissed. You need to convince why Liberal Theology authority's factual history should be protected over the authority of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToServe

Sep 18, 2018
Sydney
✟29,108.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To me, inspiration means "God is speaking to us through this text." It doesn't mean "This text can be read accurately as a science or history textbook," or even "This text needs to be taken as literal instructions for us today."

So if Jesus explicitly instructed something in scripture to his body of believers, that includes you, then if it does not gel with your modern context of culture and situation, then do you regard the historic Jesus as your final authority in this regard?

When you start coughing up with frank replies to the above, then my follow up question is, that in the case above you do not consider Jesus as the final authority, then do you believe that you are still for the historic Christ Jesus or are you against the historic Christ Jesus?

Honesty and sincerity is what is being tested of you today. Are you willing and able to step up and to meet the challenge or will you hide behind double talk words that many astute Liberal Theologians do so often and are guilty of?

Is the historic Jesus the final authority in your life?

Is your final authority a MANikin jesus that is for all intended display purposes used as a placard?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟337,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
ToServe: Of all the summaries of Liberal theology that you gave in your posts, this quote from Wikipedia was the closest:

"Liberalism" from the start embraced the methodologies of Enlightenment science, including empirical evidence and the use of reason, as the basis for interpreting the Bible, life, faith and theology.

If you do not understand this sentence -- that Liberal theology attempts to apply to theology the same kinds of empirical and reasoned approaches that Enlightenment thought used for other fields of study, in an effort to find truth -- then you have not yet understood Liberal theology.

Here is a book to read up for information on Credal Christianity in vast contrast to Liberal Manikin Jesus religion.

THE MANIKIN JESUS

You might also consider Modern Christian Thought: From the Enlightenment to Vatican II, by James C. Livingston, https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Chris...2579&sr=8-6&keywords=modern+christian+thought. This was the textbook from which I learned about Liberal theology, and I found its explanations helpful.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,510,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So if Jesus explicitly instructed something in scripture to his body of believers, that includes you, then if it does not gel with your modern context of culture and situation, then do you regard the historic Jesus as your final authority in this regard?

This is a bit abstract; would you like to supply an actual instruction of Jesus as a test case, and we can discuss its application?

Is the historic Jesus the final authority in your life?

The living, Triune God is the final authority in my life.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Astroqualia

Born-again Truthseeker
Feb 5, 2019
FL
✟11,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Honestly, to answer the original question, I think it comes down to how strong someones faith is. Is it strong enough to see through the delusions and lies satan has been working through multiple generations to convince people the Bible is false?

Some people believe the all-powerful creator of the entirety of reality, who specifically inspired His loyal apostles to write a chunk of literature that almighty God wants us to specifically have, to pass through the ages and learn from, "got it wrong", and human scientists and the like, who deny the Bible as fairy tails, with pseudoscience as proof, got it right.

The fact is, we live in a world that satan rules over; the Bible clearly says so. In this satanic influenced world, we are experiencing a degradation of societal standards and philosophy that are making things the Bible calls abominations, "socially acceptable", making scientism "the obvious truth", and those who call such things immoral or wrong, with the Bible as a compass, are called bigots and science deniers. This is where we are at.

If you cant trust the accuracy of a book that God Himself OK'd and gave to us, then logically, you couldn't trust if the promises of salvation, or any other part of scripture, was true. Either it's all 100% contradiction-free truth [the view that I hold], OR, it's totally false. God is perfect, so would the Word be.

A proper study of context usually will show you that a seeming literary contradiction is just a misunderstood statement from an ancient language.

• Winner
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,151,107.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Either it's all 100% contradiction-free truth [the view that I hold], OR, it's totally false.
That's absurd. In no other area of human activity would someone make that kind of claim.

Upvote 0