• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trying to get through to my rebellious teenage personality part

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello everyone,

I can't remember when I mentioned this before, but I have mentioned before on this website that I have a dissociative disorder in which my personality is split into multiple parts. It's complicated, and I can go into it more if anyone has any questions, but I just wanted to take some time to say something about one of my younger personality parts.

On the inside, I have a younger personality part who is an angry and rebellious teenager. When she is out, she often listens to angry music, has an attitude that says "don't talk to me", and often feels terrible about her life or about herself. She's the part of me that holds a lot of feelings about my abuse from when I was a teenager, and right now she's struggling a lot with her identity.

I'm teaming up with another personality part of mine, who also identifies as Christian, to try to get through to her and let her know that God loves her. At the moment, she thinks our attempts to help her are stupid and throws any help we try to give her back in our faces. I don't think she believes in God's love and mercy for her, and I just think that's very sad. She's got an angry attitude and thinks that God would never want to love her.

I wish there were something more I could do to help her... If anyone has any support to lend or any reminders of Christ's love, that would be super awesome, for sure. Otherwise, thank you for taking the time to read this. I really do appreciate it. :heart:

• Prayers
Reactions: Dave-W