• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

trying to get straight on everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

annrobert

Jesus is my Shelter my Refuge my Fortress
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Caty,
The OCD is just trying to trick you into feeling unforgivable.

guess since ive always felt this way i have a distorted view of God, but i feel way too terrible an unforgivable for Jesus to want.

You are safe in the hand of Jesus who is mighty to save.Jesus will never let you go and has so much mercy on you.

Upvote 0

annrobert

Jesus is my Shelter my Refuge my Fortress
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the God so many of us fear.But we do not have to fear Him.Let us just take a look at His nature.

2 corinthians 5-19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Romans 5
6For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us

10For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.

Then Jesus called his disciples unto him, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.

Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt

So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed him.

And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.
Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee

And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not

and healed all that were sick:

And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases,

Jesus said behold I make all things new.:)
Whosover will come and freely drink from the water of life.

Upvote 0

seajoy

Senior Veteran
Jul 5, 2006
michigan
✟19,053.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I agree. Some counselors don't even recognize the OCD when it's the purely obsessional type such as religious OCD (not like handwashing compulsions etc.)
It took 8yrs for a doctor to recognize that I had OCD (17yrs ago). I had no idea that's what I had either. It was a total shock to me. I was actually glad that I had "something". It helped so much when I was diagnosed.

Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
i mean my mom knows how bad i am & the counselor knows, but they both said that meds were a bad idea because im young, i wouldnt care to be put on them, but i dont know how to tell the counselor that, because im tired of feeling so anxious & stuff.

If i were your dad i would not place you on meds because of the suicide risk .
The surgeon general has has warned about this but doctors are often too willing to prescribe because it means money in their pockets .

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
keryakos i dont know about u but im just kinda letting the thoughts happen now & i scream in my head cause u dont want them but im just tired. i feel like a terrible person and i dont know how to tell if i want these thoughts or if they are from me??????

They will continue Caty until you learn that they are not from you and only from your OCD (or the devil sometimes) and then you must ignore them, do not try to stop them because that will only make them continue, just try and focus your attention on something else. Come to the realization that Jesus is your Saviour and that you will never be separated from Him. Maybe you should get some worship music and try to relax and worship the Lord, that could help you get your mind off of these thoughts.

But like I said you must not dwell on them, if a thought pops in your head just let it stay there, don't try to get rid of it or dwell on it, but just try to focus your attention on something else that is good. Like your favorite song, or a good memory, you know something that you can think about to get your mind out of this cycle of constantly dwelling on this stuff.

God be with you Caty in your struggle.

Upvote 0
but see im thinking about religious stuff 24/7 so its not like they just pop up out of nowhere (some do) but most of the time im thinking about GOd or Jesus and one will happen or ill hear soemthing dirty or violent and one will happen...i feel like my mind makes them so i feel responsible and if it is me making them then i dont want to but it just wont stop.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are not responsible Caty, you must believe this. Do you think a atheist cares if he makes fun of God, or thinks a bad thought about God? No, he doesn't he could care less about what he thinks about God. But don't you see you can't stand the thought or even the possibility that you might have thought something blasphemous of God. That shows that they are not from you, you do not approve of these thoughts even if your OCD tries to trick you in believing that you did.

If you will come to the realization that these thoughts are not yours I believe you will get better at controlling them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.