Trying to find way back to God, am scared I have a reprobate mind. After 15 years of backsliding,

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Turn your eyes to Christ, trust in his perfect work on the cross. If you're still alive, then you can return to God with a renewed heart, with a renewed mind. If you are scared about being a reprobate, his hand is heavy on you and drawing you as with a net to himself again.

Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Plese pray for me. I am scared I went too far. I'm so worried.
My heart leaps with joy when I see a lost Christian desire to return to their Master.
If you still want to turn back to God, then yout heart is repentant and God is waiting with open arms and compassion for you. Don't let your fears or thoughts get in the way. It doesn't matter how long you were fallen. Jesus said, No one comes to Him unless the Father draws him. Your desire to return is not of yourself but authored by God and you need to rejoice in His tender mercies. Approach Him with fearless courage and assurance that He gracious and slow to anger. Choose faith over fear. Commit to being a disciple and God will uphold you.
PM me if you need to talk to someone.
Welcome home dear and hugs in the name of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
That's what we do, we stray off. But the Good Shepherd will find the lost sheep and welcomes the prodigal sons (and daughters). The yearning you have right now, even that's from God. He pulls us in His mysterious ways. So don't you worry, you can rest in Him and He will cast out our fears which we tend to obey so easily. Plenty of good fruit in that, we can love with a relieved, happy heart! Said a prayer for you. Chin up!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is the measurement of to far regarding the forgiveness and mercy of God?
Jesus Christ is there with open arms friend.
He loves you.
Praying for you friend.

Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings and welcome to CF. I am happy to hear that God is bringing another lost sheep home. I am curious though. Do you feel like you disappointed God?

Upvote 0

Lady O

Mar 1, 2018
Ohio
✟18,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand your concern here and I hope some further study of God's word will help clarify the issue. When you look at the word reprobate as it is used in the New testament, like in Romans 1:28 for example, it means:

Romans 1:28 Commentaries: And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper,

A reprobate wants nothing to do with God, but that is not what you are saying.

And rend your heart and not your garments. Now return to the Lord your God, For He is gracious and compassionate, Slow to anger, abounding in loving kindness And relenting of evil. Joel 2:13

For God to not receive you back would make him a liar of his word. Be encouraged, God loves you now the same way He always has.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm trying to send you a Message but am unsure how to do it .
Just click on her name (at left side). It is one of the choices that come up.

Upvote 0