Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would say it is a skill to study eschatology and not come up with a date. ;)
@gospels Two verses about the Lord's coming that come to mind are 1 Corinthians 11.26: '..till He come'; and Revelation 22.20: 'Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.'

• Agree
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can someone explain to me why so many people try to date the end of times? It seems to me that concentrating so much time on that is ignoring the greater purpose of God's instructions to us.

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit..."

Claiming to know the date of Christ's return is foolish. It also detracts from a person's ministry. People already criticize Christians because of our legitimate practices. They call us crazy for living a life of love and service. How many potential believers does a person scare off when he or she starts spouting off timelines for when the world will end?

To all who believe, I add this: The Gospel is not about the future. It is about the here and now. Love in the present. Serve in the present. Believe in the present. Your reward will come in the future, but only God knows when that time will be.

Trying to place a date on it is... useless.

But we are to be 'watching', for what though? That was our Lord Jesus' specific command, to watch.

Mark 13:35-37
35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
KJV

Upvote 0