• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Av been struggling for a while now ...i keep jumping from one faith to another
when i should believe in Jesus and that Jesus will save me
i think am going to go to the hellfire av tried to believe but i dont trust like i should do
am Empty i have no faith at all i dont believe in anything but i want to believe but i need proof needs to be solid proof or at lest understanding what Jesus did for us all
i dont want to go to hell but i cant trust God or anyone else

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Av been struggling for a while now ...i keep jumping from one faith to another
when i should believe in Jesus and that Jesus will save me
i think am going to go to the hellfire av tried to believe but i dont trust like i should do
am Empty i have no faith at all i dont believe in anything but i want to believe but i need proof needs to be solid proof or at lest understanding what Jesus did for us all
i dont want to go to hell but i cant trust God or anyone else

It's a very common struggle actually ( John 20v29 ). Well, I would ask The Lord to help my doubts and unbelief when I was failing to trust and believe. I found that prayer worked wonders as The Lord in His infinite mercy would keep revealing Himself to me in many ways. Whenever you're feeling like that, try to tell The a lord through prayer. This is how you'll come out of your struggles and confusion.. Apart from that, you could end up sinking into further confusion.

• Agree
Reactions: Billy UK
Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Thank you so much for replying to me i want to believe in Jesus so much but mentally or spiritually numb to my emotions due to the fact i have borderline Personaity disorder i sometimes have extreme emotions and sometimes am numb i also have PTSD unsure why i cant see what jesus did for us
i search for Jesus i dont know very much of the bible but am starting to read more and i have a bible that i like to read maybe i will find it here in the word of God

Upvote 0

Billy UK

Dec 21, 2019
Somewhere
✟34,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Lilly, I am to struggling through damaged emotions recovering from trauma and certainly it helps to read or even listen to the Bible. I have to battle and try to force myself to do many different things including fasting and praying and fellowship as all of these begin to affect the very thing your mentioning which is hope through weakening the spiritually darkness behind the hopelessness and despair and unbelief.

Romans 10:17 (KJV)

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

At times I've made myself do things and felt even worse but you have to battle through these sufferings as you feed and wait on God.

Psalm 130:5 (KJV)

5 I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.

You have to force yourself as until your doing these things the enemy is spiritually at work in the mind and emotions and wears you down if you try to fight him in the power of your own spirit. You need to feed your spirit with Gods Spirit by making yourself despite how you feel listen or read the word of God and believe me I know how difficult that is.We are like seeds that need time to grow either soaking up the words and thoughts of the enemy or the words and thoughts of God.

John 6:63-70 (KJV)

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK UNTO YOU THEY ARE SPIRIT AND THEY ARE LIFE

Its a daily battle to grow but turning to the things of the world and temptations in the midst of these mental and emotional storms only provides a deceptive temporary relief to the flesh as you give into the enemy but afterwards inside you have no real peace because you know what you really want is assurance and peace inside with Jesus. This is because Jesus truly is drawing you but the enemy through his attacks is trying to hinder us but despite the suffering you have to battle to soak up Gods word and pray and fellowship and even fast. Fasting is powerful but again a battle to do that.

I truly believe mostly behind all my problems are spiritual enemies ( Demons ) and their main job is to ruin my hope in God being able to help and ultimately save me.

Psalm 33:18 (KJV)

18 Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear him, upon them THAT HOPE IN HIS MERCY;

I notice you are from the U.K. their is a prayer line you can call in the U.K and they will pray for you at no cost for extra help.

Link below

Our prayer centre is where our intercessors are on ground praying to God continually, establishing an unbroken communion with God 24/7. Our ministry is also available to pray for the needs of others through our

prayer line on 02087992199.

Ealing Christian Centre | 24 Hour Prayer Centre

Upvote 0

BbyxV

I am here for you. Jesus saves.
Apr 3, 2020
Texas
✟15,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I understand your struggle. As a believer, there is always going to be things that get in the way of Our Savior. I hope that things have gotten better with your faith these days. I know that if you seek out to the Lord he will meet you halfway. My relationship with Christ has been on and off - more off than on. But I have realized all these years that he has always shown me sign to return to the path where I need to go. There is nobody else who save us but Jesus Christ and ourselves.

Upvote 0