✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Everybody knows that.

Ok never forget that there's still ppl who think that President Obama was born in Kenya bc of Trump & that Hillary Clinton ran a pedophile ring in a pizza parlor. There are ppl who base what they "know" on what Trump / his proxies tell them. That's all.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ok never forget that there's still ppl who think that President Obama was born in Kenya bc of Trump & that Hillary Clinton ran a pedophile ring in a pizza parlor. There are ppl who base what they "know" on what Trump / his proxies tell them. That's all.

I really think those people are a small minority.

I sure hope so, If not, America is already lost.

• Agree
Reactions: JohnAshton
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I really think those people are a small minority.

I sure hope so, If not, America is already lost.

They are.

The population of the US is more than 330 million.

Trump got close to 63 million votes in 2016 but won bc of the EC. Clinton received close to 66 million but lost bc of the EC. A lot of eligible voters didn't bother to vote. None of the living presidents including the living Republican ones voted for Trump, neither did McCain or Romney the last 2 Republican presidential candidates.

I couldn't vote in 2016. I can now. I live in Canada but am American. I am registered to vote & will be voting. In 2018 Democrats won millions more votes than Republicans. They didn't reclaim the Senate bc of how the population is distributed but the Democratic Senators represent millions more ppl than the Republicans do. My generation showed up in 2018. It was the hugest youth voter turnout in decades.
I believe in us. We have more working against us but we are becoming more determined. I mean look at this forum a lot of the diehard Trump voters are over 65 & retired so they have nothing impeding on their time on election day. They can sit on an internet forum all day long and praise Trump. It's easy for them to vote. But I do believe more young ppl will make the effort this time. Not as many as eligible but more than before. I think the myth that a single vote doesn't matter so it's not worth the time is being debunked.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump's own BLS shuts down his latest, um... "puffery."

And now, GDP under Trump is slowing down.

"Donald Trump is in 6th place among last 10 presidents."

The press in the US really does seem to be sharply divided along partisan lines. I'm not arguing with the content of this piece, which is accurate as far as I know, but although I read the US press I haven't watched MSNBC before. It's not as absurdly in your face as the Fox machine, but the tone of it seems unusual to me, for a news agency I mean. Is the attitude of TV news reporting there driven by the culture, or is it the other way around, or both? There does seem to be a lot of side-taking, and mocking of the other side.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Come on, Millennials, put your foot on the electoral scale and vote Trump out.

I'm a Zoomer, the gen after Millennials. We were born during / after 99.

Millennials have had ample time to get registered & learn about the candidates & issues & show up to vote. They aren't novices anymore so they should know about mail-in ballots & stuff like that. Some don't vote bc of practical junk that needs to get sorted out like the time it takes to vote on election day. It's seriously stupid that in the US Election Day isn't a day off for ppl to be able to vote w/o being so encumbered. It's not just them who haven't done their part. Gen X hasn't been great about showing up to vote either. In 2016 it turned out that Trump's grown kids couldn't vote in the primaries bc they hadn't registered to vote in time & they're all either old Mil. or young Gen X. That's legit pitiful.

I'm really proud of the Zoomers bc we're stepping up faster than the Millennials & the gens b4 us. There's a lot of youth leaders like the Parkland survivors who've been key in getting young ppl to register to vote. I'm friends IRL with stanfordella/ Ella on here she has done a campaign to get Zoomers registered on Cali campuses. Now when ppl at Stanford go to register for classes there is a notice that pops up reminding them to register to vote w a link to do that & all the info needed so they can get it done in a minute's time. Students at other colleges have pushed for similar measures.

The Boomers are the gen that votes the most consistently & that's in part bc many of them are retired, have nothing imposing on their time on election day. We have to get the rest of the gens to step up & be counted.

• Winner
Reactions: JohnAshton
Upvote 0